Can't stop looking at my tummy - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 05-21-2008, 06:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I work from home so it's even worse b/c I can pull my shirt up without anyone seeing me. I feel like I'm always looking at my stomach in the mirror the past couple of days. I'm still so amazed that I'm pregnant and now I'm starting to show a little so I've become obsessed with seeing the difference in my stomach. Is anybody else like this?

SAHM to DS (11/08) and EDD 3/8/11!
#2 of 8 Old 05-21-2008, 07:25 PM

Oh yeah, just wait, it gets worse!

By about 7 months I'm always feeling it, resting my hands on it, etc. A pregnant belly (especially when it's your own) is just so dang awesome!!

Mama to 3 kids. We live in a yurt!
#3 of 8 Old 05-21-2008, 07:29 PM

I went into Hobby Lobby yesterday and caught myself going down the isle with all the mirrors. HONESTLY, I didn't do it on purpose. I've already caught myself resting my hands on my belly, people look at me funny bc I'm not THAT big. I do look like I'm about 3 1/2 months(and I'm only 8 weeks.) It's just a motherly thing, no matter how big or small you are, you're going to have those instincts.

My daughter(6 YO) see's people looking at my belly and starts rubbing/kissing it. She's marking her territory. It's too cute.
#4 of 8 Old 05-21-2008, 07:36 PM

I'm obsessed with my belly too! I definitly have a bump which is strange but I LOVE IT! I rub it and hold it.

DH did his first tummy kissing last night - it was very sweet.

The only thing is that I have to keep reminding myself to stop sucking in. It's something I've been doing since I was like 10 years old. Now its okay for me to have a belly!

Momma to Sofia Hope 11/08 & Anna Grace 9/10
#5 of 8 Old 05-22-2008, 01:32 AM

I pat mine a lot, even though there's not a ton to pat. I'm always feeling it too. It feels harder at night and I'll lay in bed with my hands on it. I talk to my stomach too, which weirds my husband out. He asked when I was going to start reading to it, totally joking. I said in a few weeks and he just looked shocked. Silly man.

obstruct livery vehicles

#6 of 8 Old 05-22-2008, 05:35 PM

I keep looking at my belly in mirrors too - at work in the lifts if I'm on my own! And I do like rubbing it. DH has started talking to it now and again as well - nothing beyond 'hellooooooo' so far though
#7 of 8 Old 05-22-2008, 06:25 PM

I keep feeling my belly too...I keep checking to see where the top of my uterus is when I'm lying in bed. I definitely look thicker.
#8 of 8 Old 05-22-2008, 09:14 PM

I am always looking at mine and it's an instinctive thing to put my hands on my belly. With DS, I didn't show for so long, and I was desperate to look pregnant... we went to Disney for Christmas when I was about 22 weeks and one of the ride operators (one of the few I was able to go on lol) said he knew I was pregnant because my hands were always on my belly . This time I am showing a lot sooner but I think I just look fat. I can't wait for the next month or so to pass!

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page