Anybody else wish they were bigger??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-23-2008, 03:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
With DD1 I could hide my belly until I was 7mo.
With DD2 I was def. showing by 4mo.
With this babe at 15wks.... nada.

I read these sites telling me what my baby is up to and how s/he's growing. My uterus is supposedly 3in. below my belly button and baby is "the size of a softball" 4in. crown to rump. Yeah right. Where is s/he hiding eh?? There's really not alot of places to go in there. I've barely gone up a size in jeans and I just look chubby/thick around the middle. No tummy, just thickness.

Also, I'm not feeling anything like a softball moving around in there. Every now and then a get a "thump" that's it. Rarely. And sometimes a "full feeling" down there that might be baby stretching... but nothing that feels 4in tall!

Is it wierd of me to want to look preggo NOW? Where's my tummy?? It seems like everyone else on here is already in maternity clothes and I've only had to limit my wardrobe to my baggier jeans which now fit me thusly adding to the chubby look

/rant
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2008, 09:08 AM

I'm kind of in that same middle ground weirdness as you! I am still able to hide it from people I don't want to tell yet, I don't fit into maternity clothes, but I am getting very snug in most of my regular pants because of this enlarged middle - but it doesn't quite look like a baby middle, I just look heavier!

I am starting to wish I either looked pregnant, or not!!

dizzy.gif DS1: 10/89 - DD1: 06/94 - DD2: 02/97 - DS2: 12/05 - DS3: 12/08 - DC6: ETA 04/26/12

I'll be 42 when the newest little one is born! Yowza!

Old 05-23-2008, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sioko View Post
With DD1 I could hide my belly until I was 7mo.
With DD2 I was def. showing by 4mo.
With this babe at 15wks.... nada.
Me too! I didn't start wearing maternity or really showing with m first until 28-29 weeks. With ds I didn't need maternity clothes until 20ish weeks but looked pregnant before then, by 16-17 weeks. I am almost 15 weeks this time and I look like i have a fat pot belly. It is very frustrating. None of my clothes fit. My maternity things are way to big, my normal clothes are to tight. I went shopping to buy a few things a size bigger and I couldn't bring myself to buy them, they just made me feel fat and they weren't even comfortable.
Old 05-23-2008, 01:07 PM

I wouldn't mind looking bigger either.
My regular clothes just feel uncomfortable so I pulled out my maternity clothes and all the bottoms (skirts, capris) are too loose and I am constantly pulling them up.
However, I also don't want to just look fat... so if I could grow a BABY-looking bump overnight, I'd go for that
Old 05-23-2008, 01:15 PM

I have no idea where my little baby is either.. she is def. hiding in there! I am 15 weeks also and look like I just got a thicker tummy but besides that haven't gained but 2lbs...and fit in all my jeans still!! I want a belly... worse things is I am doing pregnancy modeling with Expecting Models (you've seen RUNWAY MOM's on TLC, right?) and I can't really 'work' more until I have a nice round belly.. I am trying to eat alot more but food is so weird to me now.. I am still nauseas.. Actually, I wasn't sick at all the first 3 1/2 months then all of a sudden now I am sick and nauseas all the time.. weird!
Old 05-23-2008, 01:30 PM

I swear I started this pregnancy at about seven months. I don't FEEL big but I look more pregnant than my 17.5 weeks. I got my first "You're HUGE!" comment the other day Gee... thanks!

Mama to DS R (June/06), DD K (September/07), DS M (October/08), DD R (June/09)... waiting for #5 in late 2013!!

Old 05-23-2008, 02:38 PM

I am so in this camp, with my DD i definately look pg at this point (17 weeks) This time i am still comfortably buttoning my regular pants. barely look like anything is going on, maybe a little chub, but not cute baby
Old 05-24-2008, 12:47 PM

I just look fat. I was complaining about wanting a bump to my best friend a few ago and she sent me a shit that says I'm not fat, I'm knocked up.

obstruct livery vehicles

Old 05-24-2008, 01:21 PM

Yesterday I asked my husband after my shower if I looked like you could see anything yet. "Well...maybe..." is NOT the correct answer.:

I am at 15+2, and I am so glad to hear most of you are wishing you were bigger at the same time. I keep worrying it's not growing right, but it sounds like I'm on the same page as y'all.

Mama to Nov '08 and June '10
Old 05-25-2008, 12:23 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnindinner View Post
I keep worrying it's not growing right, but it sounds like I'm on the same page as y'all.

That's exactly what I was starting to worry about! Guess not though since it seems we're not alone! Thanks everyone, I feel a little better!

User Tag List