I may be loosing my mind... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 05-25-2008, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been getting a weird vibe ever since my midwife mentioned that I was measuring ahead at my last appt. 13 weeks at the time measuring 16. She made a note of it, we double checked my chart for date of ovulation and normal last period, and she asked for us to make a note of when we started feeling the baby move every day. She wasn't worried about it over much at the time. DH has been mentioning twins through out the whole pregnancy too....and we both seem to refer to the baby as "they."

I've also seemed to just pack on weight over the past few weeks. I'm super hungry but trying to make better food choices (fruit, veg, quality protein).

I keep thinking in the back of my mind that it could be twins. So I'm wondering if other moms felt a vibe about there being multiples or not. Maybe this is just how I react to second pregnancies, but just looking for a little support. Either way, this is a good thing...I'm just paranoid at the moment.
#2 of 9 Old 05-25-2008, 02:39 PM

I had a very strong twin vibe very early on with this pregnancy, but it went away, and sure enough there is just one. I trust the instinct... I think either there was a second that stopped growing, or the little girl I lost the month before had something to do with it.

Will you have an u/s, or would you prefer not to know? I don't know if you're planning a HB or not, but can you m/w still have you as a client if there are two?

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

#3 of 9 Old 05-25-2008, 04:26 PM

I had a really strong twin vibe with DD. Not only did I but a lot of my friends and family thought I was going to have twins. We even joked that we were going to go into the 20 week ultrasound and see two babies.. I lost it around 15 weeks and at 20 weeks we saw one beautiful baby.. When I had Elyse I also delievered her twin which didn't develop past 10 weeks. It was a shock when I went into my 6 week postpartum and they told me I had delievered the undeveloped baby since it hadn't showed in an ultrasound (I had 5 with DD because of bleeding issues).

I always trust my insticts when it comes to my body and my baby. I seem to know when there is something happening before anyone else.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#4 of 9 Old 05-25-2008, 05:10 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah... I'm just waiting and seeing at the moment.
I have an appt with my midwife in early June. So we'll see how things look then. I know she would request an ultrasound if she thought we needed to check on anything. I would prefer to know ahead of time if we were having twins...largely because it brings some challenges like finding a car to hold us all and no maternity coverage at this time.

We've been planning a HB and AFAIK I could still birth at home, just need to check on the midwife's comfort level. I know she's attended twin homebirths multiple times...including her "surprise twins" early this year. I have no issues birthing twins at home and if the hospital was needed she'd remain as our doula. (Austin hospitals don't allow midwives to attend births as midwives, only OB's...it's really silly, I know)

I usually do trust my instincts like this. We'll see.
Thanks for all the encouragement... keep it coming!
#5 of 9 Old 05-25-2008, 10:11 PM

My vibes are all wrong. I though DS was a girl and DD was a boy all through those pregnancies. Then nothing with this one and it is twins. So much for my mama instincts.

Joanna - wife to Mike, mamachicken to Cub(8/98), Kitten (4/07), Dew-man, and Woe-boy(twins, 10/08)
#6 of 9 Old 05-25-2008, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkiMom View Post
I had a really strong twin vibe with DD. Not only did I but a lot of my friends and family thought I was going to have twins. We even joked that we were going to go into the 20 week ultrasound and see two babies.. I lost it around 15 weeks and at 20 weeks we saw one beautiful baby.. When I had Elyse I also delievered her twin which didn't develop past 10 weeks. It was a shock when I went into my 6 week postpartum and they told me I had delievered the undeveloped baby since it hadn't showed in an ultrasound (I had 5 with DD because of bleeding issues).

I always trust my insticts when it comes to my body and my baby. I seem to know when there is something happening before anyone else.
I am so sorry you lost your second babe. That must have been hard. How come they didn't tell you about it at your delivery instead of waiting until your 6 week visit?

Quoteriginally Posted by littlehaloSAHMama to Dylan 08/12/05 & Delia 11/04/08 , and
#7 of 9 Old 05-26-2008, 12:39 AM

Just back from a visit to my friend with twin boys. We were talking about when she found out (at an ultrasound at 21 weeks after she was having early contractions) and she told me she sort of knew all along. Once on the phone with me when she was pretty early on she referred to the babies as "they" and she caught herself and said "did I really say that? oh my gosh." Turned out she was right all along.
#8 of 9 Old 05-26-2008, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlehalo View Post
I am so sorry you lost your second babe. That must have been hard. How come they didn't tell you about it at your delivery instead of waiting until your 6 week visit?
Thank you.. It was a shock but I was very happy to have at least one healthy baby. They didn't want to tell me until they were sure because they didn't want to ruin the birth. The OB that was oncall when I gave birth was the one that did the D&C when I lost my first baby. She wanted me to have a happy birth after what happened before.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#9 of 9 Old 05-26-2008, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkiMom View Post
Thank you.. It was a shock but I was very happy to have at least one healthy baby. They didn't want to tell me until they were sure because they didn't want to ruin the birth. The OB that was oncall when I gave birth was the one that did the D&C when I lost my first baby. She wanted me to have a happy birth after what happened before.
Well that makes sense I guess. I'm glad you got the birth you wanted and a healthy baby.

Quoteriginally Posted by littlehaloSAHMama to Dylan 08/12/05 & Delia 11/04/08 , and

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page