Okay, I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right spot. If I'm not, feel free to move me.
Well....here's my situation. Right now, I'm seeing a wonderful doctor at my local hospital that doesn't allow vbac. He thinks I'll be transfering to The Birthing Center two hours away and is totally okay with it. This will be my second vbac. I have a Doula who is working to become a midwife, when midwifery becomes legal in my state. Right now it's not. My options are:
*Go to a birthing center two hours away
*Go to a vbac hospital 45 minutes away with bad reputation
*Go to local hospital 10 minutes away when dilated to 8 or 9 and hope for the best
*Wait and see how I feel when the time comes.
I'm leaning toward staying home (or at least waiting to see how I feel). Does anyone have a link to a nice handy list of what I'll need on hand, just in case. I feel I need to be prepared for anything.
I would love to hear everyone's opinion on my situation. I'm very new to this but right now the thought of getting in a car and driving anywhere while in labor makes me cringe. I think that's a good sign that my body's saying, "stay home!!!" I think I'm going to go ahead and post this in "homebirth" and "UC" also.
Thanks in advance! Please, any comments welcome!