I recognize I am overly irritated by... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 05-31-2008, 11:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Commune living is so annoying sometimes...I always do my laundry on Saturday mornings, but someone freaking stole the washer today. Argh!!! This screws up my whole day. I'm glad we share resources and all, but argh! Plus I missed the three seconds where the last load was out before someone put in another one. God I am so frustrated right now!
#2 of 6 Old 05-31-2008, 02:52 PM

We used to live in community on a small campus and the shared washer/dryer situation happened to me many times... even when my name was on the sign up sheet. So annoying!

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

#3 of 6 Old 05-31-2008, 05:56 PM

What about when the load is done, but the person doesn't come back? I hate that!!! Are you supposed to put their wet clothes in the dryer? What if the person didn't want to use the dryer? Are you supposed to put them on top of the dryer which is usually linty and dirty? Is it rude to touch other people's clothes? What if you find something in there you didn't want to see (albeit clean)?
As you can see I have shared a bit of laundry anxiety in the past as well

Hang in there--what's going to happen when you need to do diapers? I hope people will give you first dibs.
#4 of 6 Old 05-31-2008, 11:12 PM

Okay, I read "someone freaking stole the washer today" and immediately thought wow, they stole the washer, that must have been tricky. It wasn't til I read through to the end that my brain kicked in and I realised you meant that they'd got their wash in before you did.

Maybe you need some sort of laundry schedule? My SIL lived in a basement apartment where they had a shared laundry room with the other two apartments, and they were each assigned laundry days when nobody else could use the washer and dryer without asking them first if they needed it. Mind you, that was only three apartments, so I guess it would depend on how many were sharing the washer.
#5 of 6 Old 06-01-2008, 02:29 AM

I use to live in the barracks when I was in the military and it drove me nuts trying to do laundry.. If I did finally get a washer then invariably when I go to put my clothes in the dryer someone would have left theirs and I would have to wait till they come and got it to dry mine... Half the time I would end up going to a laundry mat and paying to do laundry. Im so glad that I have a washer/dryer now and I can do laundry whenever I want..

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#6 of 6 Old 06-02-2008, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison View Post
Okay, I read "someone freaking stole the washer today" and immediately thought wow, they stole the washer, that must have been tricky. It wasn't til I read through to the end that my brain kicked in and I realised you meant that they'd got their wash in before you did.
I thought the same thing!!! I'm blaming it on the pregnancy!!

Tara--mama to Riley (9/01) Nolan (4/04) and Finnegan (11/08). Unschooling Rocks!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page