November DDC Kitchen Table - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 1796 Old 06-25-2008, 07:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
nerdymom- I wouldn't have gotten a bouncer it if wasn't for the fact I have a toddler, dog and cat. I don't feel safe putting the baby on the floor when I have to go do something. Also, there are places he can't go in with me (like the shower) that would be gross to have him on the floor. My dog and cat will be taught not to go near the chair (and yes its possible, I had a cat with DD and she was taught not to go near the bassinet or babys room) so I won't have to worry about them trampling or jumping on the baby. Since I have a hyper Huskie (shes between 70-80 pounds so shes a big girl) such things are really necessary since she won't mean to hurt the baby but she could. With my DD I had one and we only used it for a short period of time when we were moving and needed free hands, it also put her at an elevation where the movers took notice that she was there and didn't step on her (which I have heard of happening before)... To me its better than some of the other things you could get because you can stuff it in the closet since its not that bulky.

That being said Im not getting a swing (Im actually selling my old one) because its bulky and I never used the one I had with my daughter. I hated it and so did she. It just didn't seem right to me when she could be in my arms and getting the same rocking motion. I have a pack and play but I don't feel right leaving a baby in it. I use it to store diapers and extra clothes, toys etc when Im downstairs. I might not even use it this time depending on the baby and where we move. A lot of it depends on your baby and your personality. Always best (unless someone is buying it for you) to buy less and then supliment when the baby gets here. Walmart, Target and Babies r us (or where ever you shop) will still be here when you have the baby and you could always send someone to get something if you discover you need it/want it

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 1796 Old 06-25-2008, 08:26 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Okimom. I can see how it would be useful for you, but the reasons you listed don't really apply to me. We live with my parents (adn two youngest sisters) who DO have dogs, but we're building our own (very small) apartment in the basement. There won't be a lot of room for swings and etc, and no need for it since I will have four (five including DH) people excited about the new baby in-house, and I'm pretty sure they'll be willing to watch little muffin for a bit if I need a shower or a rest. And no pets in our apartment. Besides the fish. But the fish aren't really that affectionate, and defintely not that heavy! lol

A bouncer seat will probably be one of those investments for kiddo #2.

BTW Okimom, were you able to get the sale? Was your DH pleased?

><> I'm a Christian, knitting, sewing, cooking SAHM to the fearless adventurer Jack born 11/08, and  a  USCG wife
And we are joyfully awaiting a new addition in April 2011! <><
#63 of 1796 Old 06-25-2008, 11:09 PM

Ohhh, my son loved his swing. I got an expensive model and he really used it. The bouncy, not so much. Ours was a lot cheaper though.

I already have a linea negra too, and I'm also paler than pale.

We're going to IKEA tomorrow for some shopping. Can I just confess that I'm as geeked about the meatballs as I am about getting a mattress for my son's big boy bed?
#64 of 1796 Old 06-26-2008, 01:00 AM

I'm jealous you're going to IKEA. Don't worry I won't tell anyone about your secret meatball excitement.

No line for me yet. My belly button sticks all the way out. It bugs me.
#65 of 1796 Old 06-26-2008, 01:55 AM

I wouldn't get one if I was you specially if you have helpers. Unfortunately my inlaws won't be visiting us. They complain its too expensive (because I guess its cheaper for me to pay for three tickets and kenneling for the cat dog then for them to pay for two). No extra help here especially since my husband will only be allowed to take about a week off and only if they don't have a class running at the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdymom View Post
BTW Okimom, were you able to get the sale? Was your DH pleased?
Actually they had two I sent my DH both pictures and he picked the other one they had because it looked so much more comfortable (which I agree) and was brand new while the other was used. He said hed rather have something he knew would last the entire time. Hes happy though I let him pick and either way it was the same price...

Looks like Ill be getting one more thing for him (the baby, no I don't know its a boy not offically but I can't stop calling the baby a him) tomorrow. One of my neigbors has a Hotsling that is brand new that she doesn't want (shes not AP- she thinks holding a baby makes them dependent) so Im going to buy it off her for 15 as well. Better than having to pay full price and shipping.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#66 of 1796 Old 06-26-2008, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TefferTWH View Post
Ohhh, my son loved his swing. I got an expensive model and he really used it. The bouncy, not so much. Ours was a lot cheaper though.

I already have a linea negra too, and I'm also paler than pale.

We're going to IKEA tomorrow for some shopping. Can I just confess that I'm as geeked about the meatballs as I am about getting a mattress for my son's big boy bed?
Yea, we had the Rainforest one. We tried the Aquarium and some other fancy one my friend had. I think she just wanted to be held.. If I was around and wasn't busy she wanted me.

Oh I wish I could go to Ikea right now.. It would be so nice, want to send me a store over here?

#67 of 1796 Old 06-26-2008, 09:37 AM

Mmm Grapenuts for breakfast.

Thanks for the support and helping me spell.

I won't be buying anything for this babe. I pretty much have too much at this point. ...Well, maybe one outfit and some onesies. The onsies I have are getting holes in them. Considering I've had them for eight years now and each of my dc have worn them, I think we can get some more. But then I think, 'what if this is my last, I don't want to buy all new ones if it is my last.' So now I am confused, and the old ones still have some wear to them. haha I guess I'll just buy a few. And then my dh goes out an buys something for the kids from the new baby.

It was pretty neat last night. The baby was kicking and I could feel it with my hand. So when dh isn't too tired maybe he can feel the baby now. And what is really cute is one of my sons will come up to me and give me a hug and then he will hug my belly and say it was a big hug for the baby.

Julie- living and learning with dh A and dc M (00), A (02), J (02), J (05), A (06), B (07), S (08), ? (10)
#68 of 1796 Old 06-26-2008, 11:16 AM

We had a midwife appointment yesterday and heard the baby's HB! Right around 150bpm...so what does that tell ya about gender?

DD is being so cute, she pokes her finger in my belly button (it's so deep it'll never pop out!) and says she's touching baby "Eli". The name we've been calling the baby who we've decided via intuition is a boy. We'll see...She also takes any opportune moment to lift my shirt up and kiss my belly no matter where we are, yesterday she tried lifting up my skirt as well hello indecency!

We're not really buying anything for this babe, save another rocking chair. Mine has become a staple in the living room and won't fit up the stairway to upstairs anyway, so a new one it is. Other than that, clothes if it's a boy!
Yesterday I did buy a new onesie for the babe...Gender neutral of course!

Summer: crafty mama to 2 little girls and wife to Bob
#69 of 1796 Old 06-26-2008, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Lol. I too find myself planning outings around the foods available. Though for me I'd be more excited about their sweet rolls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaWoodhouse View Post
Mmm Grapenuts for breakfast.

Thanks for the support and helping me spell.

I won't be buying anything for this babe. I pretty much have too much at this point. ...Well, maybe one outfit and some onesies. The onsies I have are getting holes in them. Considering I've had them for eight years now and each of my dc have worn them, I think we can get some more. But then I think, 'what if this is my last, I don't want to buy all new ones if it is my last.' So now I am confused, and the old ones still have some wear to them. haha I guess I'll just buy a few. And then my dh goes out an buys something for the kids from the new baby.

It was pretty neat last night. The baby was kicking and I could feel it with my hand. So when dh isn't too tired maybe he can feel the baby now. And what is really cute is one of my sons will come up to me and give me a hug and then he will hug my belly and say it was a big hug for the baby.
Are there any good secondhand shops near you? There are some great ones in my area, so whatever I don't recieve at the baby shower will be purchased secondhand. Most of the baby things (esp clothes) look practically new, especially in the 0-3/3-6mo sizes. Why buy one thing new when you can buy three that are practically new? Though...it is nice to have new things. I'm getting a fancy new boy outfit and girl outfit for Muffin's "first" pictures.

Congrats on the kicking. Muffin has been turning my uterus black and blue with all his kicking, I'm sure.

><> I'm a Christian, knitting, sewing, cooking SAHM to the fearless adventurer Jack born 11/08, and  a  USCG wife
#70 of 1796 Old 06-26-2008, 03:25 PM

Hi all!I brought a big bowl of frozen green grapes to share!YUM!Like bite-size natural popsicles.MMMMMMMM.Hey!I just noticed this guy : he's new!I'll have to check out if there's more...Any-hoo.I'm trying to sew some t-shirt diapers and mama cloth, and it's not as easy as I thought.The blasted elastic is not my friend!And none of the mama cloth is comfy to me.Too short, too fat,too long and thin...ARG!!!I'm ready to just but second hand on ebay...With the money I don't have!I'm listing a chandalier and our woodburning stove-rigged wrong- on our local selling site.I'm hoping I can use that $.

Well, now that I'm snacking at the table, the kids want lunch!!!:The nerve!

:::
#71 of 1796 Old 06-26-2008, 04:53 PM

I woke up this morning to a contraction ( I guess BH). My whole uterus was rock hard. It was cool. Now if only labor contractions did not hurt!

I have a slight sore throat. I hope it doesn't get worse.

I'm excited because I found a pest control company that uses non toxic stuff to spray. Yes, toxic to bugs. They gave me a list of the ingrdients. Wintergreen oil, clove oil, rosemary oil, and something else from a flower (can't think of it now). Anyway, the woman told me that I could of course buy these things myself and spray my house. Yet, I have to admit that I like the convience of having someone else come and do it. I have enough to do with cleaning, cooking, laundry, yard work, homeschooling, dogs, volunteer work, homeschool co-op classes, etc. It's nice to have the option of all natural products and not having to do it myself.
#72 of 1796 Old 06-26-2008, 05:11 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I would really like to get hit with the cleaning/nesting bug, my house is cluttered and flylady is just annoying the *&^% out of me with all her emails. I have oodles of baby stuff, since in theory I have a ebay store full of baby/kid/maternity stuff that is just a-hoppin, but no really it's sitting in a bedroom in a "organized" heap. I always find an excuse to not be doing what is on my list to do, first nausea, now allergies....What is it going to take I ask myself?! I really need to purge this house, have a garage sale, take stuff to Goodwill and the Dump and make it a haven.

my list of to gets:
baby carseat
might try a swing, we'll see, 3 out of 4 have hated the swing
diapers
maybe a pack-n-play?

Oh Ikea Oh Ikea Oh Ikea (that was my Ikea Orgasm)
I really could use my stimulus check from Uncle Georgie to go get stimulated at IKEA!!!! but it's a 2 hr drive and I would prefer to do it sans children.....
#73 of 1796 Old 06-26-2008, 09:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleine Hexe View Post
I woke up this morning to a contraction ( I guess BH). My whole uterus was rock hard. It was cool. Now if only labor contractions did not hurt!
OK-your uterus was rock hard, and you say THAT feels like a BH contraction? Because that has happened to me a bunch of times lately. But only after, , you know. That stuff that got us into trouble in the first place. I thought it was just my orgasm just going burzurk. : <--- kinda like that. But really hard when you poke at it. :

#74 of 1796 Old 06-26-2008, 10:17 PM

I ate a bunch of meatballs and tried to eat some chocolate cake, but my son ate it all when I got up to get napkins. My mom thought it was hilarious!
#75 of 1796 Old 06-26-2008, 10:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I ate a bunch of meatballs and tried to eat some chocolate cake, but my son ate it all when I got up to get napkins. My mom thought it was hilarious!
That is evil. but so cute.

#76 of 1796 Old 06-26-2008, 11:13 PM

Quote:

Thats why I sneak some cake (or any type of sweets) when DD is napping, otherwise I get a crying baby (funny thing is she hates sweets and spits it out but she still wants to try it every time I eat it)

DD is teething again, getting her back molars in, so I have a screaming baby on my hands.. all day no matter what I do.. Only relief is when I finally get her to pass out then she sleeps like a log.

#77 of 1796 Old 06-27-2008, 09:59 AM

Quote:
OK-your uterus was rock hard, and you say THAT feels like a BH contraction? Because that has happened to me a bunch of times lately. But only after, , you know. That stuff that got us into trouble in the first place. I thought it was just my orgasm just going burzurk. : <--- kinda like that. But really hard when you poke at it. :

Your uterus contracts when you orgasm. So, yeah, you're feeling a contraction after you orgasm.

All this IKEA talk. I may need to plan a trip. I haven't been there with DH yet....

Oh, where's that stupid thread? I need to find it.
#78 of 1796 Old 06-27-2008, 06:18 PM

Hey Mamas! You all are making me hungry - just finished lunch and in the time it took me to get the kids down for a nap, I'm starving again!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkiMom View Post
So, anyone got anything for the baby yet? I just talked to a mom down the street whos due in the end of December and she has gotten a lot for the baby already..
Oh anyone not told all their families yet about the baby? I haven't told my side yet maybe I should go do that one of these days.
I'm one of those people who tells *everyone* immediately. LOL. Like I'm practically carrying around a sign announcing it within 10 minutes of taking the HPT. I am SO impatient! This time around, I didn't even make it home from Target first - I peed on the stick right after I paid for it, in the public restroom at Target. And it was ALL I could do to drive the 10 minutes home to tell DH first and not start calling people on the way!!

As far as buying things, not too much, but this is baby #4 (and girl #3) so honestly there's not much we need! I am addicted to slings & carriers, so I did pick up one new mei tai, so far, because it happens to be the exact same fabric as one of my diaper bags (my other addiction I guess! My feeling is that if I have to lug around crap for myself plus 4 other people like a pack mule, I at least deserve to do it in something stylish!!) So anyway, I saw this Babyhawk in that VERY rare discontinued fabric on Craigslist in Canada, so I had an online friend snag it for me & send it

I'll probably want a couple of new slings and at least one more diaper bag...and we do need to buy a new carseat since our old infant one is now too close to the expiration date for my comfort. I am leaning toward this one: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=3156650
Several of my CPST friends have told me it's one of the best out there now. Also, it goes up to 30 pounds & 30 inches instead of the usual 20 pounds and 26-27 inches, and my kids are big so that'll help.

I will be getting 2 bouncy seats - one for upstairs and one for downstairs - but those are ONLY baby gear we use - we don't do playpens or swings or cribs/bassinets or anything like that. I normally keep a bouncer in the master bathroom upstairs, and one in the kitchen downstairs. I rarely put my babes down, they're almost always in a sling, but sometimes you just HAVE to - to shower, cook dinner, etc. Of course DH would hold the baby when he's around, but he's at work all day, and my oldest DD is old enough to hold the baby, but she'll be starting full-day school this year (yikes!!) so at some point I'm going to need to, you know, sit on the toilet for a few miuntes (not that I've haven't done that while nursing, or babywearing!!! LOL) We had the old version of the FP Aquarium ones from 6 years ago when I was pg with DD1, but we sold them at a yard sale before we relocated across the country a few months ago (we were trying to minimize how much we were lugging from PA to AZ!)

Quote:
When I told my father about being pregnant with DD I heard him yell for an hour about why would I do something so stupid.. Im just going to lose that one too.. Im wasting my life.. Im wasting my education. He sat by and "let" me join the Marine Corps even though it was a waste and now this.. What am I going to do when DH dumps me.. Im going to get fat and not lose the baby weight so Ill never be able to be in a relationship etc... etc...

My brother keeps telling me that Im wasting my life.. My Grandma tells me its "impossible" to have more than one child now a days because of how expensive it is.. my grandfather refuses to admit Im even married and keeps telling me Im living in sin because Im not married. I could go on but you get the idea with my family how it is.. After I miscarried in January my father told me to have DH get a V cause I already had "like four children" (we have lost three). I don't have a loving a supportive family.
That's awful, sorry you have to go through that. My family is generally really supportive - even though they don't understand why we want a big family, they are at least happy for us! But my parents would often make comments about my "wasting my education that they paid so much for" because I went to a top university and was going great in my career and then chose to be a SAHM. That really hurts when people say things like that.

Quote:
We LOVE children, we believe they are Heavenly Father's greatest blessing to us. To me being a mother is a calling and a sacred responsibility not just something I do for now.
:
What she said

Quote:
Originally Posted by selena_ski View Post
AGH, i am beyond stressed. I almost just want to go to bed right now. My comp won't play a video. there is something wrong, so i tried to get Dh (comp guy) to help me fix it. he will not listen too me so we get in a fight. I try to appoligize and he gets mad again.

this on top of having my last two homework assignments rejected and they have to be re-done. it always stresses me out, because i put quality time into them and they S*** all over it. The graders for this course are very unfair and i am sick of it. Well at least i am almost done with this one and the Nazi graders. only 1 more task and 2 revisions. but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if the last one come back for revisions either. plus i am over due for having this class finished AGGGGGGGGGGGH

my house is a mess, and i have my moms group coming over and i am tired and dizzy so i don't really want to clean it up. /rant
okay it feels better to get all of that out. thanks for listening
Sorry about all the stress and I hope things calm down for you soon!

Quote:
OMGosh IKEA meatballs!!!! I miss them! We had an IKEA pretty close by in Philly but now here in AZ the closest one is quite far....but for meatballs I might have to make a trip one of these days!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Girl View Post
We had a midwife appointment yesterday and heard the baby's HB! Right around 150bpm...so what does that tell ya about gender?

We're not really buying anything for this babe, save another rocking chair. Mine has become a staple in the living room and won't fit up the stairway to upstairs anyway, so a new one it is. Other than that, clothes if it's a boy!
Yesterday I did buy a new onesie for the babe...Gender neutral of course!
Well according to the old wives' tale, lower HB means a boy so maybe your intuition is right

I have been asking for a rocking chair since my first was born, and I never get one! But I don't know what I'd do with it anyway at this point - not like I'll be spending much time sitting and nursing peacefully in the bedroom, LOL. More like nursing at the table while rushing to actually eat something before driving DD1 to school, nursing in the sling while waiting for DD2 at her dance class, trying to nurse while chasing DS around the playground....you know how it goes.

Quote:
I'm excited because I found a pest control company that uses non toxic stuff to spray. Yes, toxic to bugs. They gave me a list of the ingrdients. Wintergreen oil, clove oil, rosemary oil, and something else from a flower (can't think of it now). Anyway, the woman told me that I could of course buy these things myself and spray my house. Yet, I have to admit that I like the convience of having someone else come and do it. I have enough to do with cleaning, cooking, laundry, yard work, homeschooling, dogs, volunteer work, homeschool co-op classes, etc. It's nice to have the option of all natural products and not having to do it myself.
I hear you on that! I finally found a woman who does housecleaning who uses only all-natural (Shaklee) products, which is awesome. She is so sweet, too - she cleans houses to make extra money so she can stay home with her baby (she wears him on her back while she does it!)

We have a regular pest-control company and I hate the thought of using toxic chemicals....but we also have some dangerous bugs around here (like scorpions, black widow spiders, etc.!) so that scares me, too!

Wow, that was a long post....going to eat something now!!!

Kerriintactlact.gif blessed single mama to Teresa 8/2/02blahblah.gif, Madeleine 5/28/04dust.gif, Andrew 6/25/06jammin.gif, and Isabelle ribboncesarean.gif11/27/08energy.gif

#79 of 1796 Old 06-27-2008, 10:44 PM

Hi Kerri - We're Catholic here too!

I got an 80 minute massage today and brought my own organic coconut oil. OHHHHHH, do I feel nice. I had a gift cert. from my dad from Christmas, but I think I might have to scrimp on something next month and have another.
#80 of 1796 Old 06-28-2008, 01:25 AM

Oh mamas...I need to vent. Today was super challenging for me. Our paid for "old" car died, the alternator (and maybe other stuff) went out. We knew this was inevitably coming, but DH wouldn't pay to fix it earlier because it was working. So the car died on him on his way to work and I had to drive 20 minutes to get him for lunch and bring him back.
We get home and DD decides she wants to play outside with bubbles and her rake, but while I'm getting the rake out of the garage she falls and skins up her whole knee and the band-aid that was previously there and is screaming. (This is 1 hour past nap time) She can't be consoled so we go inside and clean up her knee and lay down for a nap. (I'm contending with a basement under construction and about 10 loads of of which my DH's clothes are all apparently "warm wash colors only"? ) So get DD down for a nap, sneak out of bed and head down to the room, get a load going and fold the 2 loads that are sitting there and go upstairs for a little "quiet mama" time with Mothering mag. Then the phone rings :...it's DH calling to ask if we can come and jump the car/get him from work. :
So tell him I'll let DD sleep a little bit longer and then come and get him...oh did I mention that he wants to leave work earlier than agreed upon so that he can meet up a co-worker for happy hour? : (This does not happen)
I get the car packed, find the jumper cables (because DH is positive the car will start if we jump it) and get DD into the car. Amazingly she's still sleeping! So we head off to DH's work (usually a 20 min drive it takes 1 hour due to road closures and traffic) and it starts pouring :. Get to DH's work and jump the car and get 5 minutes down the road and it dies at a busy intersection, so I have to leave DD in the car strapped in her car seat with the hazards on and help DH push the car to the corner gas station. (It's still pouring
We get the car jumped again and this time it makes it to the auto repair shop, and then we head home. Get home and I head down to the basement to do more while DH and DD watch some tv. Around 7pm DH asks about dinner...like I've had time to whip up some magic dinner . So we get Papa Murphys take 'n bake pizza :. After dinner I'm still working on and ask DH to get DD ready for bed, he brushes DD's teeth and claims she's ready. I tell him to change her : and then have her pick out stories to : and then ask him to put her to bed so I can have a break...after 1.5 hours of screaming and him getting more and more I intervene and she's sleeping 10 minutes later. So I once more sneak out of bed and down to the cave...and emerge to find DH watching tv .

Patience is a virtue...Patience is a virtue...Patience is a virtue...: for patience!

#81 of 1796 Old 06-28-2008, 06:33 AM

Om girl, on days like that is when I decide that DH can do his own laundry. I've been known to pick his clothes out of the dirty hamper and set it aside on the floor while I wash everything else. If I feel like he isn't helping me enough...I don't help him. I'm mean like that.

Hope tomorrow is a better day for you.
#82 of 1796 Old 06-28-2008, 07:44 AM

OmGirl, you're a saint.
#83 of 1796 Old 06-28-2008, 08:42 AM

OmGirls, DH says you should have dumped his wet clothes on his head.. You are super sweet to him, much better than I would have been...
Hopefully tomorrow is better

#84 of 1796 Old 06-28-2008, 09:46 AM

Quote:
I have been thinking about this alot. There is some good information about building a stash on greenmountaindiapers.com I have decided on the economy route. 2-3 doz prefolds in each size, and 4-6 Thirsties covers in each size. If you haven't been to the diapering forums on MDC they are also great for newborn stash ideas.

If you are looking for the best (IMHO) economic way to go, check out diaperaps.com . I used them with my sons and am going with them again (along with a few splurges from WAHM). Bummis has really good covers as well! Good Luck!

Also, Om girl....what can I say, you have more self control and patience then I!!! Hope today is better for you!

Tara--mama to Riley (9/01) Nolan (4/04) and Finnegan (11/08). Unschooling Rocks!!!
#85 of 1796 Old 06-28-2008, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Om girl, on days like that is when I decide that DH can do his own laundry. I've been known to pick his clothes out of the dirty hamper and set it aside on the floor while I wash everything else. If I feel like he isn't helping me enough...I don't help him. I'm mean like that.
Oh, yes, KH, I would do that and have. Actually 2 nights ago while arguing about why I won't sleep with hubby ('cause he snores and lays on me so I can't sleep - then he gets ticked when I'm crabby the next morning), I finally unloaded about his habits. I did this whole mimic thing about how he walks in the house, pulls his socks off and pants, drops them where he stands 5 feet from the sorter and just expects that they'll magically make it there. He cracked up and agreed to pick up after himself, but his undies and socks were still on the floor this morning. They stayed there and I already started laundry. It's his tough luck if he has to go commando the rest of the week 'cause I'm not stooping over to pick up dirty underwear anymore. I will however tell him where the butt cream is when he gets ball chafe from sweating into his jeans....
#86 of 1796 Old 06-28-2008, 02:15 PM

Quote:
I will however tell him where the butt cream is when he gets ball chafe from sweating into his jeans....
That is way too funny!

Thanks mamas for all the support and "encouragement". I've tried the laundry routine without DH's clothes, but end up having to do them anyway because he'll just go and buy more undies, etc because he has nothing to wear...and I'd rather spend the money elsewhere.

Today is a better day...I'm working (teaching Childbirth Education) and DH has DD. Although I expressly left a list with breakfast items we had at the house, they biked to Burger King and got rained on Retribution for DH in my mind!

#87 of 1796 Old 06-28-2008, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Hi Kerri - We're Catholic here too!

I got an 80 minute massage today and brought my own organic coconut oil. OHHHHHH, do I feel nice. I had a gift cert. from my dad from Christmas, but I think I might have to scrimp on something next month and have another.
Ooooo, a massage sounds soooooo nice!! It's been years since I've had one, I'm jealous!! I do get manicures and pedicures pretty regularly, but that's about all the pampering I can sneak away for! And I LOVE LOVE LOVE the smell of coconut oil, good choice!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Girl View Post
Oh mamas...I need to vent. Today was super challenging for me....
OMGosh that IS an awful day!!! Yikes. So sorry about all that! You deserve a nice, relaxing weekend after that!

I have to say though - for those of you with messy DHs, I think it's even harder when YOU are the messy one and HE is is the neat-freak! Around here we're opposite of the usual stereotypes DH grew up with a mom who would make Martha Stewart look like a crappy housewife! Really, this woman's house is insane - not a speck of dust or a single thing out of place, ever, and supposedly it was this way even when she had little kids (how, I don't know!) When we go visit her and I take a shower, she has been known to let herself into the bathroom while I'm still naked to "dry down" the shower with a towel because she claims if she waited 5 minutes for me to get dressed, it would get "water spots."

So this is DH's frame of reference and needless to say, I'm, uh, not quite cutting it! I am more of the toss-things-wherever-and-put-them-away-later and it drives him NUTS. He comes home from work and trips over the kids' toys and of course blames ME for not teaching them to clean up after themselves. He puts his underwear in the hamper immediately - I just never get caught up on the laundry. LOL He always gives me that, "What the heck do you DO all day?" look

Anyway, speaking of which, I told him if he wants me to straighten up the house (one of our spare rooms is filled with junk and has been since we moved here, and I keep promising him I'll go through it all) then he has to take all the kids. So today he is - after lunch he's going to take them to the indoor playground at the mall (it's 110 degrees so too hot to play outside!) for a few hours so I can go through the last of the moving boxes and other assorted junk in there. I just have to resist getting back here on MDC instead and actually do it!

Hope you all have more fun weekend plans!!

Kerriintactlact.gif blessed single mama to Teresa 8/2/02blahblah.gif, Madeleine 5/28/04dust.gif, Andrew 6/25/06jammin.gif, and Isabelle ribboncesarean.gif11/27/08energy.gif

#88 of 1796 Old 06-28-2008, 04:59 PM

Hey Mamas! I've been visiting my folks and doing a work trip for the last 10 days and haven't been posting much. It's going to take me a while to read up on all these posts. Hope you all have been doing well.
dh and I are in the process of figuring out how I can quit my job--I'm obsessed with coming up with a doable plan. With my third work trip in a month coming up next week, I am over it. I just want to SAH.
Got together with another pg girlfriend today for a long walk--it was nice to catch up. Then we have girls night tonight--dessert and knitting/crocheting at a local restaurant. I'm stoked! I've done nothing but work and take care of dd the last several days.
More later--back to plotting quitting my job.
#89 of 1796 Old 06-29-2008, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochimama View Post
More later--back to plotting quitting my job.

Quitting can be challenging but so worth it if its what you want to do.. I never regret leaving mine (I don't think I could call it quiting since I let my contract laspe and didn't renew it. So, I guess in a military sense that is quitting). I love being able to stay with DD and watch her grow, babies grow up so fast..

I solved the case of the cranky toddler today.. DD has been just a handful the last week or so, not sleeping, not wanting to eat most foods, screaming, crying etc.. Well, yesterday I was brushing her teeth and realized that she didn't have one tooth coming in, she has four. Poor baby is getting her first four molars all at once. No wonder shes cranky.. Also, her vocabulary has doubled almost in the past week. So far the new works are: plea (which I think is please she says it when she wants something), tank you (thanks you), I do, you do, mimi (milca, our dog), icky, ell (belle, our cat), and my personal favorite lov you.. She came up to me yesterday gave me a big kiss and said it clear as anything. Even my husband stopped and asked if he heard that right. She was nice enough to repeat it since it got Dadas attention.

Ok, back to cleaning..

#90 of 1796 Old 06-30-2008, 01:17 AM

Aaarrrggghhhhh

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page