November DDC Kitchen Table - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 1796 Old 07-04-2008, 03:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
:Happy 4th, mamas!:

We don't have any plans for today. We may watch the fireworks tonight... we have no life and suck at celebrating national holidays. Doesn't help that though this is our 5th year, it still feels foreign to us. DH is British-American, and grew up in London, and I am an Aussie. We have no family here, so I feel like we're letting DS down by not really celebrating, kwim...

Let's face it, we're lazy. Every year I say, well, this year I'm going to plan something... and it snuck up on us yet again!! (But I'm definitely going to do a turkey for turkey day, I don't care if I have a newborn, dammit! )

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

#122 of 1796 Old 07-04-2008, 03:12 PM

Thanks everyone for the support. I had a lot of problems when I came back but I at least had a very supportive command who helped me out a lot. DH didn't have that support and was pretty much blocked from seeking treatment. Its coming back to haunt him, Im hoping with a new command he can finally get the help he needs. He says its easier this time because he has me and the babies to come home to where before he had no one.

We had a nice relaxing fourth, we didn't do anything. Really.. My house looks like a tornado went through, I have a huge list of to dos that I still need to get done but Im not stressing right now. We will either get it done or we won't and thats fine. Tomorrow (well today, its 3am) I have to cook a bunch of cookies and makes something for the church potluck we are going to tomorrow. Should be a lot of fun, theres one every month but this is the first one Ill be going to since we moved where we had them. Hopefully we don't get lost on the way. Okinawa lacks street signs (actually, they have them but I don't read Japanese).

Oh I bought something for the baby yesterday. I got 7AI2s and 2 covers off of diaperswappers. They are used but so was all the diapers I bought for DD when I started. Anyone else get anything else? I feel like Ive forgotten something on my to get list and I can't imagine what.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#123 of 1796 Old 07-04-2008, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Catalina View Post
:Happy 4th, mamas!:

We don't have any plans for today. We may watch the fireworks tonight... we have no life and suck at celebrating national holidays. Doesn't help that though this is our 5th year, it still feels foreign to us. DH is British-American, and grew up in London, and I am an Aussie. We have no family here, so I feel like we're letting DS down by not really celebrating, kwim...

Let's face it, we're lazy. Every year I say, well, this year I'm going to plan something... and it snuck up on us yet again!! (But I'm definitely going to do a turkey for turkey day, I don't care if I have a newborn, dammit! )
Happy 4th!!
We didn't do anything either and we are both Americans, born and raised. We use to do a lot in my family but Im to tired this year. Maybe next year Ill feel more up to it. I want to do something to instill in my DD and this one (and any others we have) what the meaning of the holiday is.
I love turkey so having one for Thanksgiving is no big thing for me. Luckily my church hosts Thanksgiving dinner for the military families over here every year so all I have to cook is a side dish (they provide the turkey) otherwise DH would be doing some cooking this year.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#124 of 1796 Old 07-05-2008, 11:37 AM - Thread Starter

Good morning ladies! I'm gonna just plop down here with a cup of coffee (not decaf - ) and cast loving looks at DH so that he will fix some breakfast.

July 4th was a bust this year. I had to work that moring, then went to a cookout, and had to leave early because I was in such an evil mood. But as soon as I got home and took my clothes off and laid in bed, I felt better. I spent the rest of my day nekkid and laying around in bed, and IT WAS AWESOME

><> I'm a Christian, knitting, sewing, cooking SAHM to the fearless adventurer Jack born 11/08, and  a  USCG wife
And we are joyfully awaiting a new addition in April 2011! <><
#125 of 1796 Old 07-05-2008, 12:12 PM

Hee hee, Nerdywife, I just remembered the coffee is done, guess I'd better go pour a cup.

Maybe I'm the nerdy one here 'cause I just LOVE the 4th of July. Have since I was a little kid! DS was in the parade in our teeny tiny town (Cub Scouts), then we went to in-laws for a BBQ, and hubby fixed my brakes (whoo hoo, no more squeeking!). Then, we came back to our teeny town and parked in an empty lot with 1000 of our closest friends and watched our small town fireworks.

Today is my 31st birthday. Much better than 30, I have to say. Later we are going to a BBQ at a friends, but first I need to do some housework.

I'm laughing over page 5's posts about the hubby who leaves his dirty clothes 5 feet from the hamper. I know, its not funny when its you, but funny from the outside My hubby isn't so good at picking up his stuff either, he's rather lazy, and when he's really and truly put off a job that needs to be done, I get mad, and things get done. With the little stuff, tho, like laundry, I just do it. My darling man is working 6 days a week (50+ hours) and I only work 20 hours, with the option to work from home sometimes. I think he deserves to be taken care of, as long as he takes care of me when I need him to!

DS is having some drama this morning because I won't dig out the box of PS2 games. Literally, its a large box full (my brother collected them before he went into the Marines, now 8 years later he doesn't want them back, so I have bunches) and most of them aren't appropriate for DS. But he cries every morning when I tell him, no, I'm not getting them out today, there isn't anywhere to put them!

Hubby and DD are still sleeping...although I think I hear DD getting out of bed.

Have a blessed day everyone!

"Listen, are you breathing just a little and calling it a life?"~Mary Oliver

RT knitting mama  to 3 (& 8 who didn't make it) wife working on 13 years to a silly man who drives me crazy.
#126 of 1796 Old 07-05-2008, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkblue0729 View Post
*hugs Bundlefishmama* Thank you so incredibly much for posting your experience! Somehow knowing that you went through some of the same makes me feel better Again, many, many thanks!
Um....I am not sure which post you're talking about but I'm glad I was helpful somehow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdymom View Post
Awww! Ok now I want a girl. That is GORGEOUS.
Thanks!! It came in the mail today and I LOVE it!!! I can't wait months and months to use it, I want to wear my DS in it even though it's so girly....but he's 30 pounds and doesn't want to be worn anymore anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaWoodhouse View Post
If I eat too much sugar I am like the wicked witch of the west.
LOL, me too! Fortunately I've been craving salt more than sugar this pregnancy (probably because my sodium has been persistently low according to my OB....which is a common issue here in the Arizona desert where it's hot as heck and so dry, you get dehydrated really easily and don't even feel it!) So at least salt is what I need right now and not as bad for me as sugar, yk? But I still can't resist sweet stuff sometimes....our Realtor who handled our relocation out here a few months ago has a tradition of bringing over apple pies to her clients on the 4th of July! Isn't that so cute? So she showed up out of nowhere on Friday at my door with a huge apple pie from the nicest bakery in town, and the box was still HOT on the bottom!!! OMG, I have eaten soooo much of it this weekend, it's AMAZINGLY yummy!!

Quote:
Good morning ladies! I'm gonna just plop down here with a cup of coffee (not decaf - ) and cast loving looks at DH so that he will fix some breakfast.
I was lucky today, my DH NEVER cooks but this morning he got up with all the kids & let me sleep in for a while, then woke me up with an omelette he'd made!! (Followed by apple pie of course, LOL!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotemist View Post
Today is my 31st birthday. Much better than 30, I have to say.
Glad to hear it, since I'll be turning 31 in a couple months myself, and 30 was really rough for me! Happy Birthday, hope you had a great one!!!

Kerriintactlact.gif blessed single mama to Teresa 8/2/02blahblah.gif, Madeleine 5/28/04dust.gif, Andrew 6/25/06jammin.gif, and Isabelle ribboncesarean.gif11/27/08energy.gif

#127 of 1796 Old 07-05-2008, 11:43 PM

Quote:
My hubby isn't so good at picking up his stuff either, he's rather lazy, and when he's really and truly put off a job that needs to be done, I get mad, and things get done. With the little stuff, tho, like laundry, I just do it.
My husband can't put laundry in the hamper to save his life, but when I asked him to stop leaving it on the floor in our room (I assumed that was a big enough hint to put it in the hamper) he started leaving it on the floor in the spare room or on the back of the toilet. I will never understand men He's lukcy I love him so much

obstruct livery vehicles

#128 of 1796 Old 07-06-2008, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal_R View Post
My husband can't put laundry in the hamper to save his life, but when I asked him to stop leaving it on the floor in our room (I assumed that was a big enough hint to put it in the hamper) he started leaving it on the floor in the spare room or on the back of the toilet. I will never understand men He's lukcy I love him so much
My husband won't put his laundry in the laundry baskets but when I asked him to start putting it in the washer he does. I don't get it since the laundry baskets are in the bedroom (where he changes) and the washing machine is in the kitchen. Im not going to complain though since he will start it up when its full.

#129 of 1796 Old 07-06-2008, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal_R View Post
OH, my, thats horrible and funny at the same time! Dirty clothes on the back of the toilet!!! My hubby throws them in the corner of the bathroom sometimes, but at least its near where I sort the laundry anyway...

Men...just can't understand them even if I try.

Yesterday was one of the best birthdays in years! Last year no one called me, everyone forgot. Not this year, wow! Calls, and a party, and even fireworks to end the day! It was fabulous.

Now I need to get up and do some work, because we have another party to go to tonight!

RT knitting mama  to 3 (& 8 who didn't make it) wife working on 13 years to a silly man who drives me crazy.
#130 of 1796 Old 07-06-2008, 03:36 PM

coyotemist-Happy Birthday!

So drank way to much Coca-Cola this weekend...have to sugar detox the rest of this week. But, I stayed on top of my vitamins this weekend! (usually a really hard thing for me to do!)

I was out in the sun a lot this weekend and got...TAN...no flames please. (I'm 1/2 asian so tanning comes very easily!) I'd forgotten that I had freckles .

Summer: crafty mama to 2 little girls and wife to Bob
#131 of 1796 Old 07-06-2008, 05:54 PM

Quote:

July 4th was a bust this year. I had to work that moring, then went to a cookout, and had to leave early because I was in such an evil mood. But as soon as I got home and took my clothes off and laid in bed, I felt better. I spent the rest of my day nekkid and laying around in bed, and IT WAS AWESOME
ran out of coffee and had to pick it up on the way to the zoo. the guy behind the counter said (more to himself) "decaf, i presume" and gave me THE LOOK when i said NOOOOOOO!!!! Caffeine, please! DH thought it was very funny.

and naked time is always the best time! one reason why i resist getting air conditioning....

Liz, wife to John, mom to Dylan and my giant slug zocha :
#132 of 1796 Old 07-06-2008, 06:33 PM

Happy Birthday Coyotemtist!!

#133 of 1796 Old 07-06-2008, 11:15 PM

Hi, everyone!

So, I cried at something stupid today. One of 2yo DS's friends got to church today and he went to give her a hug and accidentally knocked her over, causing her to hit her head on the prayer rail. Well, she started crying, and he was so concerned looking...his little lip started quivering and then he started crying, too. My heart just broke for him and then I started crying. I felt like such an idiot, but what can I say...gotta love those pg hormones!

Wife to J, SAHM to W (03/06) ribboncesarean.gif at 32w4d, C (10/08) ribboncesarean.gif, and H (02/11) ribboncesarean.gif

#134 of 1796 Old 07-07-2008, 12:05 AM

I find it unbelievably comforting that I'm not the only one drinking coffee. I didn't at all with my first pregnancy, but this time around I've been indulging in a cup or so every once in a while. It's so much harder being pregnant this time around and having twin two and a half year-olds to keep up with. Coffee is keeping me sane.
#135 of 1796 Old 07-07-2008, 12:20 AM

The only time I crave/drink coffee is when I'm pregnant... weird huh

Summer: crafty mama to 2 little girls and wife to Bob
#136 of 1796 Old 07-07-2008, 02:18 PM

OMGoodness! You gals are making me worried about turning 30. My 30th birthday is at the end of the year and I am trying not to think about it too much.

I can't be too hard on DH though. Half the time his clothes make it in the hamper and he does help a lot with the cooking and taking care of me. I just wish that he would take out the trash or fix some of the things around the house sometimes. He also works 60+ hours a week, so I try to give him a break.

OK, I am back getting a few little girls out of the kitchen. They managed to get into my cereal and spray cleaning stuff all over the counter where the pb&j was at. I know, I should have put it away, but I was lucky just to keep from passing out. Since I took too long getting my lunch, my blood sugar got too low. Got to be a little more careful, especially with myschevious dc around.

FIL is gone again and wasn't upset about anything. My wonderful DH told him first thing because he knew I was nervous about FIL finding out. Turns out that FIL found out from DH's sister and made a joke about seeing how long it would take my MIL to tell him. Whew. That one is over. Now we need to figure out how to spend time with him before he leaves for India. We had plans for the weekend he wants to come for a real visit.

Sorry, I guess this would be kinda hard to follow. I tend to change subjects kinda fast. But if you are still reading, I'll share a little more. My Mom sent me an email telling me that there is NO WAY the placenta is going to move away from my cervix and I shouldn't listen to the OB if that is what he is telling me. I KNOW that it will move away from my cervix and I just don't know why she is trying to scare me about this. All I can think of is that she is worried about my having another UC and is trying to scare me into seeing an OB and deliver in the hospital. She worries too much.

Well, I'm off for lunch #2.

Julie- living and learning with dh A and dc M (00), A (02), J (02), J (05), A (06), B (07), S (08), ? (10)
#137 of 1796 Old 07-08-2008, 12:50 PM - Thread Starter

Just popping in to share the good news: a date has officially been set to start constructing our appartment!! A bunch of men from my parents church are coming over on the 19th to help dad and DH frame in the basement. It should take only 1-2 days, then we can call the electrician and the plumber!! I COULD HAVE AN APARTMENT BY THE END OF AUGUST!!!! YAY FOR NOT BEING HOMELESS! :

><> I'm a Christian, knitting, sewing, cooking SAHM to the fearless adventurer Jack born 11/08, and  a  USCG wife
#138 of 1796 Old 07-08-2008, 07:09 PM

yay nerdymom!yahoooooooo!:

:::
#139 of 1796 Old 07-08-2008, 08:02 PM

Hugs, Emma!

Yay Nerdymom!

I seem to have hit another spot where I'm hungry all the time. Every few weeks I have a few days where I can't stop eating. :coyotemist roots around in cupboard throwing random unyummy things out, making a lot of noise: What else can I eat? Maybe a banana.

We leave for camping Thursday morning, so I really need to get up and go dig something out of the freezer for dinner (DH will be home in 2 hours starving) and start packing the kids clothes.

One last random statement before I get off my duff...any of you heard Creed's song "With Arms Wide Open"? It makes me cry every time. My dad and his wife gave me a gift card for my birthday, and I bought some "need" stuff, and with the rest bought that CD. I'm not a big fan of their hard stuff, but that song is beautiful!

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/creed...swideopen.html

#140 of 1796 Old 07-08-2008, 08:20 PM

Yay Nerdymom!!

I bought a couple more things for the baby. I got a New Native Organic Pouch sling and a Moby Wrap, someone had them and had never used them so I picked them up for 45. Im also picking up a Bobby this weekend for 5.00. I figure it would be a nice backup pillow and DD can play with it when Im nursing the new one. I still need to order the Brest Friend one. Im thinking of waiting and ordering it when I order DD's Christmas presents, that way I only have to remember that one package is coming (btw, I love Amazon, they sale just about everything you could be looking for and send most of it out here).

I was looking at Christmas presents the other day and I think I found what I wanted to get DD. Wooden Princess Castle I was thinking this with the dolls that came with it. DD is starting to really like pretend play (I spent an hour "making" dinner in her play kitchen with her last night). Its a little more than I was planning on spending but I figure if she is going to love it then its worth it. That and a couple of books will be all she got as well. That reminds me, I have to look for birthday presents for her as well. We already know that we are getting her preschool books and art supplies. We agreed on that a while ago.

Ok, I really have to go clean up my messy house. I haven't had the energy (Ive been so sick to my stomach all the time. Ive felt like Im going to throw up for the past three days straight).

#141 of 1796 Old 07-08-2008, 10:42 PM

Quote:
One last random statement before I get off my duff...any of you heard Creed's song "With Arms Wide Open"? It makes me cry every time. My dad and his wife gave me a gift card for my birthday, and I bought some "need" stuff, and with the rest bought that CD. I'm not a big fan of their hard stuff, but that song is beautiful!

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/creed...swideopen.html
Ohhhh, this song makes hubby and I cry EVERY time. I'm super emotional and crying right now. I'm also drinking a super calcium milkshake made with extra powdered milk, hormone free ice cream made locally and malted milk.

So I hit a big garage sale today on a whim. I've been super crabby, my son's been, well, 2 and teething, and I was cranky this morning. We headed out to the library with some friends and he only yelled like 5 or 6 times before we found some books. We had to get one about raccoons raiding the garbage can, since we had one this morning who fell into our can digging for watermelon rinds and hubby had to chase it out with the hose (those things are MEAN, but scared of the hose, thank goodness!). Anyway, my friend and I were digging through this lady's primo girl's stuff (25 cents a piece for brand name stuff!) and she asked me if I wanted a NEW crib set for a girl for $20. She bought an expensive nursery and ended up cosleeping and never used any of it other than to wash it and set it up. This is the set I got and dig the price: Tef's Baby Girl Room. I have the whole crib, plus the diaper stacker that I'm going to make into some sort of decoration. I actually ended up writing her a check because I spent so much at her sale, but it was worth it for a pretty new crib set and a garbage bag worth of baby girl clothes and maternity clothes!

Now I need to get hubby to clean out the closet in baby girl's room!
#142 of 1796 Old 07-08-2008, 10:53 PM

Wow! Score on that garage sale!

I'm looking at Hotslings. I'd like to get one.
#143 of 1796 Old 07-09-2008, 10:32 AM

Sitting here eating my oatmeal and toast.

Sorry about my last post. It was all over the place. Probably from my low sugar. Anyway, I get to make diapers and clean laundry today. I sure hope I have the energy and motivation to do it.

nerdymom, that is so exciting! I am currently in the process of repainting my upstairs bathroom because the paint is chipping really bad from all the moisture. Ugh. I hate the prep work, but at least my 6y dd loves scraping off the paint.

Julie- living and learning with dh A and dc M (00), A (02), J (02), J (05), A (06), B (07), S (08), ? (10)
#144 of 1796 Old 07-09-2008, 11:12 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks everybody.

Quote:
I seem to have hit another spot where I'm hungry all the time. Every few weeks I have a few days where I can't stop eating. :coyotemist roots around in cupboard throwing random unyummy things out, making a lot of noise: What else can I eat? Maybe a banana.
]
I have been having this too. Luckily I work in a kitchen, and it's pretty easy to grab a bite to eat. Unfortunately, most of the bites I've been grabbing haven't been very healthy. I hope you're having better luck with that... and
good luck camping. We keep talking about going for our anniversary, but it's only two weeks away and we still haven't made any plans. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkiMom View Post
*snip*
OK now I'm going to be obsessing over slings on Amazon. thanks a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TefferTWH View Post
*snip *
SOMEBODY has a lot of energy! Way to go on the yardsale. I yardsales. But it's sooo hott and HUMID outside right now...oye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaWoodhouse View Post
Sitting here eating my oatmeal and toast.

Sorry about my last post. It was all over the place. Probably from my low sugar. Anyway, I get to make diapers and clean laundry today. I sure hope I have the energy and motivation to do it.
Mmmm oatmeal and toast, yum. Are you drinking tea too? Can I have some??!

I say we all revolt, no more making and cleaning and cooking. We let the kiddos do the cooking, the DH's do the diaper making and cleaning, and all us prego moms go take a nice, long nap. In complete and utter silence. On clean sheets. and we wake up on our own. and have tea and toast brought to us in bed. and footrubs. there should be a footrub in there somewhere...

That's pretty much my fantasy...though I don't have the kiddos running about. yet. Someone asked me yesterday how many kids I wanted to have. I told him we were just going to wait and see how it goes. He said, well, what would your cutoff number be. I'm like, uhhh, well, how about we keep trying until we have atleast two of each gender. He laughed nervously and then walked away. The day before I told someone at work I'd like to have 8 or 10 kids and they laughed then gave me this odd look like "is she serious or joking? she's not laughing. she can't be serious, can she?" LOL I love messing with my coworker's heads like that. Serves you right for asking such an intimate question!

#145 of 1796 Old 07-09-2008, 01:03 PM

Quote:
I say we all revolt, no more making and cleaning and cooking. We let the kiddos do the cooking, the DH's do the diaper making and cleaning, and all us prego moms go take a nice, long nap. In complete and utter silence. On clean sheets. and we wake up on our own. and have tea and toast brought to us in bed. and footrubs. there should be a footrub in there somewhere...
Sounds like a good fantasy. I'll join in! This morning I woke starving at 6am, with aching hips and legs (over did it yesterday getting ready to leave tomorrow morning). So bowl of cereal and some tylenol, then my tummy hurts. Halfway to work, I'm feeling groggy and tired. Ugh. This pregnancy thing isn't really all that fun.

Wow, Nerdymom, you are brave! At least 2 kids of each gender...I used to think I wanted 4 (as a kid). Now, I think I'm really pushing it with 3. The other day on TLC they had a show called "Kids by the Dozen", the Jeub family. They have 13 kiddos (11 at home), and I love the routines they have set up! However, I just don't seem to have the energy to keep up with my 2, let alone 9 more. To each their own!

Teffer-Do you have a recipe for that milk shake? It sure sounds yummy.

#146 of 1796 Old 07-09-2008, 01:53 PM - Thread Starter

Oh coyotemist, I just like messing with people who ask questions that they really don't care the answer to, they're just trying to make conversation. I figure, hey, if you're going to make conversation, at least make it interesting.

I don't know how many kids I want. DH and I are just going to take it one at a time.

#147 of 1796 Old 07-09-2008, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Mmmm oatmeal and toast, yum. Are you drinking tea too? Can I have some??!

That's pretty much my fantasy...though I don't have the kiddos running about. yet. Someone asked me yesterday how many kids I wanted to have. I told him we were just going to wait and see how it goes. He said, well, what would your cutoff number be. I'm like, uhhh, well, how about we keep trying until we have atleast two of each gender. He laughed nervously and then walked away. The day before I told someone at work I'd like to have 8 or 10 kids and they laughed then gave me this odd look like "is she serious or joking? she's not laughing. she can't be serious, can she?" LOL I love messing with my coworker's heads like that. Serves you right for asking such an intimate question!
That footrub sounds good, but the nap with no interruptions where I can wake up when I want sounds even better.

And when people ask how many we are going to have DH always answers 27. Then I told him about the world record of 60 something. Now he might answer something like 'Oh, we are trying to break the world record and have 67.' We don't think it is anybody's business either. So when I get that question I just say I don't know.

As for my list of stuff to do today. I haven't gotten very far. I have done two loads of laundry and three diapers. So not much of a dent in either one. And now I have a tired 2yr old going around and getting into things like lipstick and permanent marker and poo. So, that is keeping me busy. And now I get to think about doing dishes. There are too many and I don't think I can cook dinner unless they get done first. I really hate house work. Well, better get going. Those dishes won't clean themselves, even though the house seems to get messy all on its' own these days. :

#148 of 1796 Old 07-09-2008, 07:57 PM

Quote:

OK now I'm going to be obsessing over slings on Amazon. thanks a lot.

. I'm like, uhhh, well, how about we keep trying until we have atleast two of each gender. He laughed nervously and then walked away. The day before I told someone at work I'd like to have 8 or 10 kids

I love carriers in general. Its great having the baby with you and making it so no strangers touch them. When DD was about 4 days old we had to go to the store and I went to grab some milk came back and some stranger was touching her. DH didn't think anything of it, I of course was make as anything. I don't like people touching my child unless I know them well. I know out here they think nothing of going up and picking up some strangers kid (no joking, I had DD in a cart when she was 9 months old, turned my back to get something off a shelve, turned back around and someone had picked her up out of the cart). So, carriers is a necessity in my book.. And they make like a WHOLE lot easier.

DH and I would love to have a big family. When people ask him he has two answers: for family its between 6-10 (which is what we want) and for strangers its 69 (the world record of the number of births to one woman). We dont' think its anyones business but our own how many children we want. Of course, I might just start saying 69 to everyone cause I LOVE to see peoples faces

I think DD is growing again. Shes been awake for an hour and has already eaten an entire belgain (bad spelling sorry) waffle, two packets of oatmeal and drank a glass of milk. Oh and heres the information on the world record of children born to one woman: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...9061551AAWM3mo

#149 of 1796 Old 07-09-2008, 08:32 PM

I hear ya, Emma!

I had a great day!Drove an hour to my mw appt.(at my mom's and hour drive for each of us-north for her, south for us.)So, the check-up went great, I'm measuring at 21 weeks!I thought I was 19!So, this COULD be a November baby after all!The heart rate was sounding fast like a girl, and I'm all convinced it's a boy now...I'm having trace liver problems show up on my pee stick,so mw said I need to get some milk thistle caplets.My mom and mw are old friends, so it was fun to hear them chatting and catch up with each other.Yesterday was my mom's birthday, so I was going to take her out to lunch.So, after the app. we went to a great salad and burrito place,and I'm on purpose in front of her, so I can pay, and she sneaks in and pays for her own birthday lunch!!!And mine!!She was just happy to go out with me...So, now I'm going to come up with something sneaky to surprise her with for her birthday.THEN, she took me over to the HFS and bought me more floradix and milk thistle, and offered to keep me stocked with floradix the rest of the pregnancy!!!Happy birthday to who? The traffic was bad on the way home, but the kids got a nap!And now we are heading out to scouts.Woo-Hoo!

:::
#150 of 1796 Old 07-09-2008, 11:10 PM

Kleine Hexe - I loved my hotsling with my son. I'm really thinking about investing in a babyhawk this time around, if this baby would be interested.

Okimom, I actually HISSED at a lady who tried to touch my son in his sling when he was like 4 weeks old. I had done all of this planning ahead so I didn't have to take him out to the grocery store (could rely on volunteers or send hubby with a list of essentials), and here on my first trip, somegeezer tried to reach into my sling. I bared my teeth and hissed at her, and she backed away scared. Hubby says I go "all mama bear" especially in the 3rd and 4th trimesters, and I think he's right.

Hubby is gonna empty the closet in the baby's room this Friday so I can start putting clothes in there.

I also had a major brainwave last night while doing dishes to add a small office in our laundry/utility room instead of adding onto the house. We can afford the remodel of the room much more easily than the addition, and it can be changed into a storage area if, God forbid, hubby loses his good telecommuting job.

Milkshake recipe: yummy ice cream, 3 tablespoons malted milk, 3 tablespoons of dry milk.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page