Liquid Prenatal Vit = no nausea!?! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-19-2008, 12:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So my prenatal vitamins always make me sick. Depending upon when I take them and what I take them with it can be really horrible or not so bad. Typically the nausea subsides in about 2 hours. It's better if I take them with a strong protein meal like eggs or chicken. I eat half my meal, then take my vit, and then finish my meal. Sometimes I get nauseous so quickly I can't finish my meal, but on the whole this routine works best for me. I try to take it at lunchtime too, because it's easier to get a better protein then.

Today I took the plunge and bought a liquid prenatal vitamin, hoping that it would be more palatable. I've been toying with the idea, but it's such an expense. But I figured it couldn't be any worse than what I'm going through now, right??

The color was revolting, but I mixed it in apple juice and WOW! It actually tasted good! Tasted so good I tasted a bit straight. Not bad at all! Kinda green/fruity. And the best part? NO NAUSEA!! NONE. ZIP. ZERO. NADA. :
Hopefully I can take it tomorrow with my breakfast and have that nice energy zing in the AM. I will let you all know if it continues to work.

><> I'm a Christian, knitting, sewing, cooking SAHM to the fearless adventurer Jack born 11/08, and  a  USCG wife
And we are joyfully awaiting a new addition in April 2011! <><
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2008, 12:23 AM

wow. that is fascinating!! i sure hope it is not a fluke or something. you must be thrilled!!

~helen~ mama to 5 yo twins jonas and micah and my 2 yo baby boy eli
Old 08-19-2008, 12:55 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
What kind is it and where did you get it? I've struggled with taking vitamins this pregnancy, but I think I'm starting to pay the price now that I'm seeing some signs of anemia

Wife to J, SAHM to W (03/06) ribboncesarean.gif at 32w4d, C (10/08) ribboncesarean.gif, and H (02/11) ribboncesarean.gif

Old 08-19-2008, 01:10 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs-Mama View Post
What kind is it and where did you get it? I've struggled with taking vitamins this pregnancy, but I think I'm starting to pay the price now that I'm seeing some signs of anemia
The brand is "Buried Treasure" Here's a link: http://www.webvitamins.com/product.aspx?ID=23767 (I've never bought from that site, it's just the first result that came up on a search).

I bought it at my local Healthway. It was priced at like $26.98 but I got it for 25% off. Still expensive, but not as bad. I tell you what, I notice a real difference on days when I dont take my vitamins! I feel more lethargic and moody. My routine is:

AM: Vit. B 50 complex, 500 milligrams Vit. C, 2 Alfalfa capsules (fyi an easy to absorb iron), prenatal vit

Noon: Vit. B 50 complex, 2 Alfalfa capsules

PM: 2 Alfalfa capsules

I also drink an herbal tea made from equal parts Nettle, Oatstraw, RRL, and Alfalfa. I made a strong infusion the night before (lightly sweetened with raw sugar) and drink it iced all day. (Ice melts and dilutes the strong flavor.) It's great to toss in a Nalgene bottle with some ice and drink it on the go.

I hope you can find a routine that work mamma!

><> I'm a Christian, knitting, sewing, cooking SAHM to the fearless adventurer Jack born 11/08, and  a  USCG wife
And we are joyfully awaiting a new addition in April 2011! <><

User Tag List