Thread of insignificant pregnancy complaints - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 38 Old 08-18-2008, 11:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Don't get me wrong...I'm not complaining about being pregnant, and I'm certainly not wishing the pregnancy away (I actually really like being pregnant), but...

Either I'm too short or I need longer arms. Due to my ever-growing tummy, I find myself having to lean in toward the sink to wash dishes, etc. So much for good posture. And, don't get me started on reaching down into the washing machine

I know there's more...what's yours?

Wife to J, SAHM to W (03/06) ribboncesarean.gif at 32w4d, C (10/08) ribboncesarean.gif, and H (02/11) ribboncesarean.gif

#2 of 38 Old 08-18-2008, 11:42 PM

my feet are swollen, i get dizzy if i stand in place for more then a minute or two. i havent been able to enjoy a meal in a month or two without indigestion or being short of breath. but yeah i love the end product
this is number 3 and this part is miserable. up side my 11 y/o is very proficient at changing the laundry now and its amazing how much more they
know how to do now that i cant then they ever would have if i could.lol
32w5d
#3 of 38 Old 08-18-2008, 11:48 PM

Baby buts in the ribs, putting pressure so that you can't lean over and tie your own shoes. that's annoying!!

><> I'm a Christian, knitting, sewing, cooking SAHM to the fearless adventurer Jack born 11/08, and  a  USCG wife
And we are joyfully awaiting a new addition in April 2011! <><
#4 of 38 Old 08-18-2008, 11:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdymom View Post
Baby buts in the ribs, putting pressure so that you can't lean over and tie your own shoes. that's annoying!!
Amen! I painted my toenails the other day and was completely out of breath afterward.

Wife to J, SAHM to W (03/06) ribboncesarean.gif at 32w4d, C (10/08) ribboncesarean.gif, and H (02/11) ribboncesarean.gif

#5 of 38 Old 08-18-2008, 11:53 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, and I already thought of another one:

Shaving - balancing on one foot to shave my legs is becoming impossible. Not to mention that I have to shave that one side of my left leg blind and with my left hand. Come to think of it...there's a lot of blind washing, etc, going on "down there".

#6 of 38 Old 08-19-2008, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs-Mama View Post
Oh, and I already thought of another one:

Shaving - balancing on one foot to shave my legs is becoming impossible. Not to mention that I have to shave that one side of my left leg blind and with my left hand. Come to think of it...there's a lot of blind washing, etc, going on "down there".

DH paints my toenails for me. And I have the strict "if I can't see it I don't shave it" policy. This goes for all areas below the belly. Maybe I'll go join that hairy moms tribe...

><> I'm a Christian, knitting, sewing, cooking SAHM to the fearless adventurer Jack born 11/08, and  a  USCG wife
#7 of 38 Old 08-19-2008, 12:41 AM

tingling fingertips
pain in hips waking me up all night to turn over again and again
long distance toenail trimming
being a picky eater because of hormones
placenta brains
desire to nest and physical clumsiness/lack-of-energy to do so
rapidly changing body shape making it to risky to make clothes for myself (something I LOVE to do)

But I'm still very very happy to be preggo! :::
#8 of 38 Old 08-19-2008, 02:10 AM

another in the can't see it, no longer shave it club!

Aside from the SPD, which is not as bad this pregnancy because I have learnt how not to aggravate it, the most irritating to me is that this baby is perfectly happy breech and I want her (him?) to turn vertex. Stubborn little baby.

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

#9 of 38 Old 08-19-2008, 08:16 AM

Placenta brain! I've forgotten to sign checks, put things in the wrong place, you name it.

And the butt-in-the-diaphragm routine is getting a little old.

Kash, homeschooling mommy to Gillian (8/5/00) and Jacob (3/23/05)
and Brigid Eleanor (11/20/08)
#10 of 38 Old 08-19-2008, 08:32 AM

Kicks in my bladder

joy.gifspread a lot of love joy.gif

#11 of 38 Old 08-19-2008, 08:36 AM

Oh, and round ligament pain, but that's not quite so insignificant because when it kicks in I'm in agony. Doctor prescribed cocodamol, of all things, but I think NOT. Scary that someone might walk away and take paracetamol/ cocodamol every day for the rest of a pregnancy. 100 tablets she gave me.

joy.gifspread a lot of love joy.gif

#12 of 38 Old 08-19-2008, 01:25 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Im so emotional and cry at the slightest thing, can't stand being around my mother right now (she drops over 1-3x week). High libido crashed to no libido this trimester.
#13 of 38 Old 08-19-2008, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurnur View Post
High libido crashed to no libido this trimester.
:

And leaky dribbles even though my bladder feels full, and feeling like the end is nigh when I bend over, oh and I am definitely a proud member of the "If I cannot see the hair then I don't have to shave it" group...but YAY for pregnancy, grumbles and all I ADORE it!!!:::

Kellylady.gif, married to the love of my life, Denpeace.gif , DD1 5/07dust.gif , 11/07, DD2 10/08modifiedartist.gif , DDS 8/10jammin.gif, expecting our next blessing this winter!

#14 of 38 Old 08-19-2008, 02:09 PM

OK, most of the time I'm of the "can't see it won't shave it" club, but last weekend we were going swimming in public, and my suit doesn't have a skirt...so I took a mirror into the tub with me and did all sorts of acrobatic maneuvers trying to get every last hair. Hubby says "hurry up, I need a shower, too!"

Which leads into my next minor complaint-I can't HURRY anywhere now! Including the bathroom. It's loads of fun running, needing to pee gives me BH, so I'm trying to hurry to get to the bathroom, while having a contraction, and dribbling the whole way. Once I finally get there, no satisfaction of a big pee because I dribbled the whole way! So, change the pad, drink a big glass of water, and start the process all over again! Hee hee.

I'm also thrilled to be pregnant, if still a little fuzzy on the whole "I'm really going to have another baby" thing. His kicks let me know he's ok in there, regardless of where they are placed (cervix, bladder, kidney, etc). And the fact that he plays ALL NIGHT LONG again, lets me know that he is doing just fine!

"Listen, are you breathing just a little and calling it a life?"~Mary Oliver

RT knitting mama  to 3 (& 8 who didn't make it) wife working on 13 years to a silly man who drives me crazy.
#15 of 38 Old 08-19-2008, 02:09 PM

I am loving this thread! I feel so less alone...I love the baby and the pregnancy but some of the aspects of the end are oh so NOT enjoyable.

Let's see....
Heartburn off of nearly everything...even water.

I am starting to be a proud member of the "If I can't see it, I don't shave it" club. HURRAY!!!

Baby hasn't turned yet, but they are still trying to step dance on my bladder and teasing me by turning sideways a couple of times and not flipping.

I'm really, really cranky. Especially wrt my MIL. She decided to use us as a hotel Sunday night and I wasn't exactly "super friendly" to her when she started chewing us out about our ant infestation (that I worked on cleaning up for all day) when she showed up yesterday from visiting her cousin. She was implying that we aren't doing enough because DD has bites.

I'll also chalk one up for the "Wants nookie but is too tired" club. This also does not help the aforementioned cranky hour.

Does anyone else get extremely antisocial at the end? I mean, I enjoy my friends, but as for family and inlaws GO AWAY!
#16 of 38 Old 08-19-2008, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by two bricks shy View Post
I'll also chalk one up for the "Wants nookie but is too tired" club. This also does not help the aforementioned cranky hour.
One more little complaint...DH wants less and less nookie as I near the end. I'm still game for nearly anything, but the man is thinking of me as "Mamma" not "Honey". I know very soon we'll have to take a 2 month or so break, and I won't WANNA. So for now it's driving me nuts that HE doesn't wanna.

"Listen, are you breathing just a little and calling it a life?"~Mary Oliver

RT knitting mama  to 3 (& 8 who didn't make it) wife working on 13 years to a silly man who drives me crazy.
#17 of 38 Old 08-19-2008, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs-Mama View Post
Amen! I painted my toenails the other day and was completely out of breath afterward.
You could paint your toenails by yourself? LUCKY!!!!!

Chasing around a very busy 11 month old is quite the chore too.

And albeit the end result will be PHENOM! I am living in total squalor right now becuase we are putting an addition on the house in preperation for our new arrival. OH, the joy of it. :
#18 of 38 Old 08-19-2008, 04:06 PM

Baby is very low and if I bend over too far, he/she will kick me until I move and give it more space. Well, that is kind of funny , but annoying too.

Mindfully parenting DD 8/04 & DS 11/08, Human beings are the only mammals who do not nurse their offspring to full term.
#19 of 38 Old 08-19-2008, 04:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie64g View Post
You could paint your toenails by yourself? LUCKY!!!!!
Yes, but based on the sloppiness and inability to breathe, I think that'll be my last attempt for quite a while

#20 of 38 Old 08-19-2008, 05:14 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I could definitely live without the increased clumsiness (& I wasn't exactly graceful to start with). All I can wear is flip flops right now thanks to an injury I got on my foot walking down the stairs.

I'd love to be able to focus on something or remember things. I hate the placenta brain thing - I feel so stupid!

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

#21 of 38 Old 08-19-2008, 05:38 PM

I definately have placenta brain. I just, somehow, erased a whole memory card on our camera, on accident. Then proceeded to cry a river about it....Im back to normal now. But, heck, how did I even do that? Ive never erased pics from the camera. I cant even remember what I did to try and figure it out!!! I am just getting so stupid.

And, I totally get BH when I have to pee too, so i go 103 times a day. But, I might as well just pee in my pants intentionally when I feel I have to go, because thats what I end up doing every time I walk briskly, laugh, cough, breathe...lol!

And Im just so damn tired. im anemic and have uped my iron intake (food and supplements) but it isnt helping.

But...I reallly do love being pregnant. My dh always says "I dont know how you can say you love being pregnant with all this pre-term labor, and peeing in your pants, and no sex rule " But...I really do.
#22 of 38 Old 08-19-2008, 06:02 PM

I know it shouldn't even be a complaint. I know it's a blessing. But the roiling, heaving, bumpy mass that is my stomach can be so uncomfortable. This baby is so active so often and so vigorously and forcefully that I actually interrupt myself while talking to say, "OOPH!" or "EEP!" or "OUCHIE!" And when I finally get DD down to sleep and lay down in my bed, I feel like i'm hosting a 3-ring circus featuring eels, guinea pig gladiator fights, and cervical jousting. DD was so quiet and soft, comparatively!

Also, the not being able to bend over and pick up stuff is getting to be a bit trying around the house. But overall, I know I can't and shouldn't complain.... but still.... sometimes I do.
#23 of 38 Old 08-19-2008, 08:19 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
so I think this is a mixed blessing, my hair and nails grow wildly when Im pregnant, but some "hair" grows so much that I think I need a special team of stylists or "waxers" to tame it....anyone else, geesh!
#24 of 38 Old 08-19-2008, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgirl View Post
Baby is very low and if I bend over too far, he/she will kick me until I move and give it more space. Well, that is kind of funny , but annoying too.
Here too. I'm constantly getting "reminders" to give her more space or to not put pressure on her. Opinionated little thing!

I'm also part of the don't ask, don't tell hair club for preggo women.

You ladies still have toenails?!? I'm assuming the eclipse of my belly made them disappear 'cause I haven't seen them for a while!
#25 of 38 Old 08-19-2008, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpiedee View Post
I feel like i'm hosting a 3-ring circus featuring eels, guinea pig gladiator fights, and cervical jousting.

This is so me. Although I really do love it. I interrupt myself sometimes too. Dh says my tummy looks like I have Bugs Bunny tunneling around in there.

#26 of 38 Old 08-20-2008, 11:03 AM

Got another one, constantly wet panties. I can't stand it.

Mindfully parenting DD 8/04 & DS 11/08, Human beings are the only mammals who do not nurse their offspring to full term.
#27 of 38 Old 08-20-2008, 03:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgirl View Post
Got another one, constantly wet panties. I can't stand it.
I'm sticky...ick.

#28 of 38 Old 08-20-2008, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpiedee View Post
I know it's a blessing. But the roiling, heaving, bumpy mass that is my stomach can be so uncomfortable. This baby is so active so often and so vigorously and forcefully that I actually interrupt myself while talking to say, "OOPH!" or "EEP!" or "OUCHIE!" And when I finally get DD down to sleep and lay down in my bed, I feel like i'm hosting a 3-ring circus featuring eels, guinea pig gladiator fights, and cervical jousting. DD was so quiet and soft, comparatively!

Also, the not being able to bend over and pick up stuff is getting to be a bit trying around the house. But overall, I know I can't and shouldn't complain.... but still.... sometimes I do.
I totally understand this. This baby is so much more active, and when he/she starts all that flipping around it hurts!!! Following that it likes to kick while turning 360 degrees. One minute it's my cervix, the next my lungs and right back to the bladder. It's awful. Plus this baby hates when we are in the car. It does not like pressure being put on it at all. It does not seem to understand that there are things that must get done everyday and I cannot spend life laying down to give it as much room as possible .

Then there is the whole BH when having to pee.... No leakage yet, but man I have to hurry there. I do find that I sweat so much more, especially downstairs. It has drove me to going through mutiple pairs of underwear when home or wearing a cloth pad when I go out to help stave off wetness.

I am also bummed by how limited I feel in this pregnancy. With ds I felt so much better till the day I had him, but with this one at 27.5 weeks I am tired, my feet hurt, I get BH doing normal household chores and have to stop what I am doing. It is hard to even keep the house up and chase after ds. I remember completly re-landscaping the front gardens at 39 weeks with ds, and not even being sore later. But a walk around the aquarium and I am hurting for a day. I feel bad for ds because his outings are being more limited or he is having to go to the smae places over and over as they are air conditioned and do not require a lot of mommy interaction .

Pelvic pain..... I never had this with ds, so it is all new to me. It is not painful when sitting, but while walking sometimes it is exteremly painful. This one worries me most as I know this baby has many more pounds to add to itself and it is not even head down yet. I cannot imagine how I will feel soon.

So I am kinda whiny right now, thanks for listening. DP just doesn't get it, as all she remembers is how energetic and easy going it was with ds, she doesn't seem to understand this time it is all different. Especially with the adhesions I know have from my c-section. I can feel them pull, and that is an all new kind of pain. I am sure they will be lots of fun during labor :
#29 of 38 Old 08-20-2008, 10:04 PM

I had to have DH scrub my feet the other day when they got really dirty outside. I can't reach.

Feet in the ribs

Swelling...the legs, the cankles, the huge face. Yuck!

Jumping on my bladder in the middle of the night!
#30 of 38 Old 10-22-2008, 11:47 PM - Thread Starter

Time to give this a !

* Having to sit so far away from the table, causing me to have to lean forward awkwardly (which hurts my back) to take a bite, or risk dropping food on my tummy while eating.

* I only have an inch between my belly and the steering wheel in the car. I try to avoid driving whenever possible, but sometimes it is necessary.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page