Who Is Still Nursing in the 3rd Tri? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 43 Old 09-29-2008, 07:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DD has become super clingy to me and if Id let her would nurse nonstop all day.. Ive been limiting it to naptime and bedtime.. or when she is really upset about something (like Daddy leaving her after lunch yesterday).

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#32 of 43 Old 09-29-2008, 09:10 PM

Yes, I have tried different positions Asked her tonight if there's any milk and she said no - maybe she'll latch correctly when the baby is born and there is milk again?

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
always missing our angel1.gif (11/04, 4/07, 8/07, 5/10)
#33 of 43 Old 09-29-2008, 10:27 PM

It's BACK!!

My milk, that is. :

It's been the weirdest thing, not being able to express ANYTHING. Usually, I can express a few drops at least by hand (or, in the first year or so after each kid was born, shoot streams across a room...), but I haven't been able to since early in the pregnancy.

I've tried every once in awhile though... a couple of weeks ago, I still couldn't, but today, there it was! No wonder ds has been eager to nurse more lately.

Kash, homeschooling mommy to Gillian (8/5/00) and Jacob (3/23/05)
and Brigid Eleanor (11/20/08)
#34 of 43 Old 09-29-2008, 11:18 PM

Is it full blown milk? I thought that it stays as colostrum until the new one arrives. My "milk" seems to be colostrum right now.
#35 of 43 Old 09-29-2008, 11:35 PM

It's... a weird mix. It's like mature milk mixed with drops of colostrum. I guess it's just not homogenized?

Kash, homeschooling mommy to Gillian (8/5/00) and Jacob (3/23/05)
and Brigid Eleanor (11/20/08)
#36 of 43 Old 09-30-2008, 03:20 AM - Thread Starter

Colostrum here too. Funny! My toddler looooves it! :

Liv, SAHM of 3 kiddos 

#37 of 43 Old 09-30-2008, 10:46 AM

Still nursing here, and when I express some it looks totally like colostrum now...but DS doesn't seem to mind!

Kerriintactlact.gif blessed single mama to Teresa 8/2/02blahblah.gif, Madeleine 5/28/04dust.gif, Andrew 6/25/06jammin.gif, and Isabelle ribboncesarean.gif11/27/08energy.gif

#38 of 43 Old 10-24-2008, 08:36 PM

Hi all. Long-time lurker giving this thread a bump. In the past couple weeks DS2 (4) has gone from nursing 2-3 times a day to 3-5 times a day. Has a lot to do with me being 39 wks pregnant with baby sister, and a ton of colostrum coming in fast! (Sorry to post in Nov. but I have late babies!) Just wondering how the nursing mamas are doing? Been trying to swallow hard and take the nipple pain (not as bad as early preg.) and occasional lazy latch (feels TERRIBLE, I have to instantly correct) because I have oversupply and tandeming is good for us...

Looking fwd to hearing how you're doing Thanks...

-Andrea
#39 of 43 Old 10-24-2008, 09:35 PM

We are still nursing, and it stiiiiiiiiiiiilllllllllllllll HURTS! Can't wait to have this baby so the pg nipple pain goes away!

~Natalie~
LLL Leader, IBCLC, marathoner, mom of 2 (maybe 3 one day!)

#40 of 43 Old 10-24-2008, 11:39 PM

Still nursing here about 2x a day. I don't have nearly the nipple pain as before but lazy latch has become an issue. Sometimes I have teeth marks on one side. Dd likes to take a look after I mention it, but I know she's not doing it on purpose. Still talking about sharing milk here, so tandeming is probably in our future!
Hope you other nursing mamas are doing well
#41 of 43 Old 10-25-2008, 01:05 AM

DD2 is still going and is THRILLED with the increase in colostrum lately. I think she has really fallen in love with my breasts all over again. She wants to snuggle with them and kiss them--seriously. It cracks me up.

As for me, I am doing fine pain-wise. It was a bit difficult last week because she had the lazy latch thing going on, but I think I have her back on track. I had to explain that it hurts me when she does that. She is very, very concerned with her "milky" not being hurt. She brought me stickers, or in her mind, bandaids for them when I told her it was hurting.

Mama to Ava (12/03) , Leila (4/06) , Violet (11/08) , and bonus mama to Madison (7/98)
#42 of 43 Old 10-25-2008, 01:09 AM

I was considering ds2 weaned since it's been about 5 weeks since he nursed, but today he asked twice,and even remembered how to latch, but was quickly distracted.I guess we'll see...Now I am leaking as I type.

:::
#43 of 43 Old 10-25-2008, 08:02 AM

We are still going as well. Very short nursings though, the cxs come on quick. I can't tell if her yellow and loose poops are from colostrum or a stomach bug, maybe a little of both. She has a cold and not eating much.

Mindfully parenting DD 8/04 & DS 11/08, Human beings are the only mammals who do not nurse their offspring to full term.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page