crabby about the weather report - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 09-15-2008, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

i am a pregnant brat i know. but really.. can't it just get cold so I don't have to sweat and smell and feel disgusting all the time! i live in MN and today on mpr miss happy weather lady is all "the weather looks great for next weekend with tempretures climbing up to 80 degrees!". um, this does not sound great to me. even in 65 degree weather i feel like dying. ugh. ok, im done complaining, sorry to bore you all.
#2 of 16 Old 09-15-2008, 01:27 PM

I was so glad when it got cold here. It's been icky and rainy the last week and while everyone else is complaining, I love it. I can finally sleep without feeling like I'm going to die. I'd send some of the cold your way if I could.

obstruct livery vehicles

#3 of 16 Old 09-15-2008, 01:32 PM

ITA! We had two weeks of lovely cool autumn weather, and then that bastard sun decided to come back out once more. I was SO TICKED. We're it's been 27C (~80F) all week... and that's not TOO bad, but still. Come on, summer, your time is up.

Doesn't help that I've outgrown ALL my maternity shorts/capris/warm weather stuff. I refuse to buy more clothing for one more month, so I'm stuck in jeans regardless of the weather.

It's supposed to rain on Thursday and I can't wait!!

Mama to DS R (June/06), DD K (September/07), DS M (October/08), DD R (June/09)... waiting for #5 in late 2013!!

#4 of 16 Old 09-15-2008, 01:35 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Come on NW cool Autumn days I want to break out some chunky wool socks and sweaters.....just think of our little Autumn babies all wrapped up and snuggly warm in their woolies!
#5 of 16 Old 09-15-2008, 02:56 PM

I want it to be rainy/snowy and cold, b/c when it is nice out, I feel so guilty or sad that I can not go out an enjoy it. I am so immobilized by this pg and it is very frustrating.

Mindfully parenting DD 8/04 & DS 11/08, Human beings are the only mammals who do not nurse their offspring to full term.
#6 of 16 Old 09-15-2008, 03:12 PM

All I can say is I'm thankful it's no longer 100+ here in SoCal. It's been fairly pleasant lately but I rarely leave the comfort of my a/c I am glad it's not cold yet because neither pair of maternity jeans fit me and I am not buying anything else.

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

#7 of 16 Old 09-15-2008, 03:56 PM

This thread is making me laugh! Today it is 90 degrees with a heat index of 99. Fortunately it will be cooling down to the mid 80s later in the week - can't wait!!

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
always missing our angel1.gif (11/04, 4/07, 8/07, 5/10)
#8 of 16 Old 09-15-2008, 04:18 PM

I am hopping in to crab too mamas! It was gorgeous here and chilly and fall-ish then the dregs of all this tropical weather has come and spanked a whole bunch of nasty into our area: On the bright side it is supposed to start cooling off tonight or tomorrow, and it cannot come a minute too soon as I feel like a greasy monkey in the heat. (sorry about the rant) *hugs* to all the mamas suffering in the gross weather!

Kellylady.gif, married to the love of my life, Denpeace.gif , DD1 5/07dust.gif , 11/07, DD2 10/08modifiedartist.gif , DDS 8/10jammin.gif, expecting our next blessing this winter!

#9 of 16 Old 09-15-2008, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkblue0729 View Post
*hugs* to all the mamas suffering in the gross weather!
No! No hugs! It's too hot for hugs!
My poor DH hasn't been touched in a month because of the damn heat.

Mama to DS R (June/06), DD K (September/07), DS M (October/08), DD R (June/09)... waiting for #5 in late 2013!!

#10 of 16 Old 09-15-2008, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andi-mama View Post
No! No hugs! It's too hot for hugs!
My poor DH hasn't been touched in a month because of the damn heat.
DH and I took cold showers on Saturday and DTD in front of a fan and then hopped in the shower again afterwards-ahh the joys of summer. I think the sexy talk went like this:
DH: "So, (eyebrow thing) you wanna?
Me: "Only if I can shower off my underboob sweat first and you do most of the moving."
DH: "Mmmm seeeeexy! Let's do it"

lol

Kellylady.gif, married to the love of my life, Denpeace.gif , DD1 5/07dust.gif , 11/07, DD2 10/08modifiedartist.gif , DDS 8/10jammin.gif, expecting our next blessing this winter!

#11 of 16 Old 09-15-2008, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Me: "Only if I can shower off my underboob sweat first and you do most of the moving."

LOL! I've said the same thing to DH many, many times!

#12 of 16 Old 09-15-2008, 08:11 PM

Quote:
DH and I took cold showers on Saturday and DTD in front of a fan and then hopped in the shower again afterwards-ahh the joys of summer. I think the sexy talk went like this:
DH: "So, (eyebrow thing) you wanna?
DH: "Mmmm seeeeexy! Let's do it"

lol
darkblue-That is awesome!!

Just watched the weather...60's all week! Yay!!!

Mindfully parenting DD 8/04 & DS 11/08, Human beings are the only mammals who do not nurse their offspring to full term.
#13 of 16 Old 09-15-2008, 10:53 PM

I moved to NYC from LA. Lately I feel like we never left.

When does autumn happen here? I'm so tired of being hot all day, every day...

Loving wife partners.gif and mama to my sweet little son coolshine.gif (Fall 2008) and a beautiful baby girl babyf.gif(Fall 2010)

When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty. --George Bernard Shaw

#14 of 16 Old 09-15-2008, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgirl View Post

Just watched the weather...60's all week! Yay!!!
: That's a little chilly for me! I like 70s... very nice.

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
always missing our angel1.gif (11/04, 4/07, 8/07, 5/10)
#15 of 16 Old 09-16-2008, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peainthepod View Post
I moved to NYC from LA. Lately I feel like we never left.

When does autumn happen here? I'm so tired of being hot all day, every day...
I live in upstate NY mama and honestly by this time of year it is generally perfect sweater weather, but thanks to the tropical storms we have been getting more of the August crappy-poo : According to the forecast here(and the temp outside right now) The cool front has moved in (moved in last nightand is supposed to stay-complete with 40-50 degree nights and mornings and highs in the mid to upper 60s during the day. I hope the cool air reaches you in the city mama because it sure is a nice reprieve! Here, I'll blow some your way:

#16 of 16 Old 09-16-2008, 03:19 PM

darkblue all I can say is :::

I am so glad that Sunday is over. That 90 degree weather plus being in a hot car with no a/c for six hours straight is not fun at all. Add to that my pg incubator and 6 small dc. Today is much better with the 60 degree weather and a bit of rain. Everyone is much happier today. Now it just needs to stay that way.

I just have to say though that last year's weather, and being just as pg then, was not fun either. It was in the 90-100s up until Oct/Nov. So this is definitely better than last year.

Julie- living and learning with dh A and dc M (00), A (02), J (02), J (05), A (06), B (07), S (08), ? (10)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page