OMG--we're getting close to full term here! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 55 Old 09-24-2008, 02:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
dark/barbie - wow, that would drive me nutty on the due date. not to mention my IL's. my midwife doesn't even get down into the nitty gritty with weight and all. we just talk, she takes my blood pressure, checks the heartrate, asks some questions, measures the belly and eyeballs me overall and gives me the thumbs up or down. reminds me about stuff to look into. baby's weight, length of cervix, effacement...i guess for me it will be a total surprise. good thing though, i'd totally get caught up in details like that. i either obsessively track or i don't really care and totally focus on my body's messages.

i just hope for a couple of things - don't go too early so sister can get here in time.
don't go too late so she's around to help for long enough afterwards. absolutely DON'T go in October, dh working round the clock and we need those billable overtime hours!
otherwise i feel like it's forever away. i'm working until my body screams STOP (hourly employee, so I have to be here to get a check), but i feel great overall. 7 more weeks on friday. seems to sound soon to everyone else.

i'm really looking forward to those contractions. i'm gonna be out of here like the road runner when it takes off....beep beep!!

Liz, wife to John, mom to Dylan and my giant slug zocha :
#32 of 55 Old 09-24-2008, 03:30 PM

Honestly, If I could just stay home with DS, I dont care how late I go. But I cant until 10/31. In order to get disability 100% i need to wait unitl two weeks before my due date before my doctor can write me a note to stay home and I will still get a paycheck. But atleast i Can countdown to there. 5 weeks, 2 days, and COUNTING. lol.
#33 of 55 Old 09-24-2008, 03:44 PM

I am just starting to freak out a little bit right now. While I think I am almost 32wks and have plenty of time to go, then I think I only have about 7wks. Now, I am freaking out. I anticipate my scheduled c-section to be Nov 17. Oh, there is a lot to do before then.

Mama to Ava (12/03) , Leila (4/06) , Violet (11/08) , and bonus mama to Madison (7/98)
#34 of 55 Old 09-24-2008, 04:08 PM

i turned 32 weeks today, and i can't believe it at all! throughout this entire pregnancy i've just felt like baby will be born early...like, around 34-36 weeks. i'm really hoping my intuition is off though because i'm planning a UC and wouldn't be entirely comfortable delivering out of a hospital at that point. it's so soon though! even if i go to term it's 8 weeks! that's no time at all. i need to wash the baby clothes, make freezer meals, put the carseat in DP's car, CLEAN this house. i haven't swept in weeks, it's shameful really. haha.

Bethanie, Single Mama to Clementine Aislyn born via waterbirth.jpguc.jpg on 11/23/08. Hoping to homeschool.gif We cd.gifsaynovax.gif
#35 of 55 Old 09-24-2008, 05:40 PM

First of all, I have to say that I've really enjoyed this thread, it's let me get to know some of you that haven't been on the Kitchen Table. Please feel free to jump in over there whenever you want (don't be thinking you have to read the whole thing, just read whats on the page and jump right in!).

Last nigth I was asking DH, which car do you want to bring me home in? He says "I dunno". Okayyyyy...which car shall I install the carseat in? "What!!!" He says, "why do you need to install the carseat NOW?" Um, well, we should really install it in the next month or so. And he looked at me like my head was on backwards. I think it is sneaking up on DH, too.

Like Barbie and Darkblue-I'm a little wishy washy on my due date. By my last period, I'm due 11/21. My second or third ultrasound put me at 12/5, and subsuquent ultrasounds put me at 11/29. However, baby is measuring between 32 and 33 weeks weight-wise, and even by my 11/21 date I'd only be 31 weeks, while I've been counting myself 30 weeks. One way or another, he can't come any earlier than 35 weeks, otherwise we are looking at a potential NICU stay, which dates 10/25. 1 month from today I could have a baby. I'd rather it be early November tho.

"Listen, are you breathing just a little and calling it a life?"~Mary Oliver

RT knitting mama  to 3 (& 8 who didn't make it) wife working on 13 years to a silly man who drives me crazy.
#36 of 55 Old 09-24-2008, 06:26 PM

OMGoodness! I can't remember how many weeks I am. All I remember is that LO is due anytime between Nov 14-Dec 10. I have pg brain really bad this time it isn't even funny anymore. But I do want to start buying my birthing supplies and a couple of other things for LO. I have to hold off for another month though. I haven't even thought to go through the stuff that I have. I just barely put most of it away a few months ago. Oh well. It will get done eventually.

Julie- living and learning with dh A and dc M (00), A (02), J (02), J (05), A (06), B (07), S (08), ? (10)
#37 of 55 Old 09-24-2008, 06:38 PM

Definitely freaking out a bit here. Last week at my appt I was 30w5d and I was measuring 34-35 weeks. YIKES!!! My mw said it doesn't mean much other than I have a big belly and since it is my 2nd pg I am all stretched out and stuff.
My next appt is at 35 weeks and I am going to have my cervix checked. I was checked at 35 weeks with dd and was 4cm, 80% effaced. So, I need to know if I am progressing at all. It wouldn't surprise me if I am with the amount of cramping and cervix pressure.

Although I am ready for this baby, I know I will miss the belly. Just trying to savor it.

Mindfully parenting DD 8/04 & DS 11/08, Human beings are the only mammals who do not nurse their offspring to full term.
#38 of 55 Old 09-24-2008, 07:01 PM

Due dates are so wishy washy.. With DD it was really accurate (down to the fact she was born on her due date) however according to my LMP and both ultrasounds the due date was exactly the same. Even the doctor was suprised with that..
However, this time I have had my due date changed soo many times. When I first went in they put November 25th because they had absolutely NO idea (I had just miscarried so LMP wasn't going to be a good thing to go by). The first ultrasound I had said that it was November 16th, the next said November 11 and the last one said between the 1st and the 11th.. So, Im going by due weeks not a due date. Ive been telling everyone that its somewhere between the 1st and the 20th. The look on their face is priceless though, its like a look that says "Don't you know??".

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#39 of 55 Old 09-24-2008, 07:13 PM

33.5 weeks here and I don't know how I feel. My DS was born at 41 weeks, so that would give me 7 weeks left, but I have had a feeling we are looking at 39-40 weeks this time, which would be 5-6 weeks or so. Wow, that doesn't seem like alot of time!!!

I am planning a home birth, but haven't even started to talk to my midwife about what I need to have prepared, etc. I should get on that.

I have lots of little clothes and diapers, just need to wash them. We have the car seat from Charlie and I have boobs, so I am not really too worried about planning type things.

There are so many things around the house that we wanted to finish that I know will never get done. :-(

Serious rambling here...
#40 of 55 Old 09-24-2008, 08:30 PM

34.5 here!!! You guys are freaking me out! MUST NOT OPEN THIS THREAD AGAIN!

~Natalie~
LLL Leader, IBCLC, marathoner, mom of 2 (maybe 3 one day!)

#41 of 55 Old 09-24-2008, 10:16 PM

Thanks, I had ANOTHER nightmare during my nap today. This time I delivered by myself at home on the porch (trying to get help), and had no where to put the baby or to clean up (shower tiles just finished tonight) and no car seat. I'm not ready!
#42 of 55 Old 09-25-2008, 10:24 AM

what freaked me out was looking at the count down on the days! We've got the car seat (though we're doing a homebirth, so hopefully I shouldn't *need* the car seat until we take our first trip outside the home, lol), diapers, and tons of clothes. I still need some birth supplies, a boppy and a few other smaller things. I would also really like to get a wrap before baby comes, but don't know if finances will allow that to happen.

I can't WAIT to start reading the birth stories! It will be so exciting! It's like when those who were dinging out the gender started pouring in around the same time with all the "it's a...." threads. It will be neat to see the first one or two trickle in and then, bam!, one right after another! Can't wait! :

Jesus-loving wife to my best friend and love of my life , mama to my boys and and our little one, who was blessed enough to go straight into the arms of God (11/09)
#43 of 55 Old 09-25-2008, 11:42 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFlower View Post
what freaked me out was looking at the count down on the days! We've got the car seat (though we're doing a homebirth, so hopefully I shouldn't *need* the car seat until we take our first trip outside the home, lol), diapers, and tons of clothes. I still need some birth supplies, a boppy and a few other smaller things. I would also really like to get a wrap before baby comes, but don't know if finances will allow that to happen.

I can't WAIT to start reading the birth stories! It will be so exciting! It's like when those who were dinging out the gender started pouring in around the same time with all the "it's a...." threads. It will be neat to see the first one or two trickle in and then, bam!, one right after another! Can't wait! :
Check out wearyourbaby.com. They have instructions for a no-sew wrap. I've "made" many of them. Making them consists of using a pair of scissors, and it costs about $10-15 for one wrap.
#44 of 55 Old 09-25-2008, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheartedmama View Post
Check out wearyourbaby.com. They have instructions for a no-sew wrap. I've "made" many of them. Making them consists of using a pair of scissors, and it costs about $10-15 for one wrap.
thanks for the info! Will definitely be looking into that!

Jesus-loving wife to my best friend and love of my life , mama to my boys and and our little one, who was blessed enough to go straight into the arms of God (11/09)
#45 of 55 Old 09-25-2008, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFlower View Post

I think a lot of midwives require you have a carseat in the car and ready to go before you go into labor. I know mine do. Also, for those things you still need, check out http://www.kidsconsignmentsales.com/seasonalsales.htm. There are several of these sales in my area. They are typically done twice a year, in the spring and fall. It's a great place to get quality stuff for next to nothing.

><> I'm a Christian, knitting, sewing, cooking SAHM to the fearless adventurer Jack born 11/08, and  a  USCG wife
And we are joyfully awaiting a new addition in April 2011! <><
#46 of 55 Old 09-26-2008, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheartedmama View Post
I went to the fabric shop yesterday to look. It must be the season change, but they had hardly any of the right fabric. There was some nice poly that looked like crinkle cotton for $4 a yard, but it had pink in the stripes, and I'd rather have something more boyish.

Great link tho, great info! Thanks!

RT knitting mama  to 3 (& 8 who didn't make it) wife working on 13 years to a silly man who drives me crazy.
#47 of 55 Old 09-26-2008, 04:14 PM

Gosh... I just hit 34 weeks... where did the time go?!

I got a Brest Friend pillow this week and one of those Boppy pregnancy wedges. I am really loving that wedge...so nice for my belly!

Though this thread inspired me to wash and put all 3 doz infant pfs out on the line for sunning. It's probably going to be a multi-sun affair as we didn't have a house or a line when DD was wearing those.
#48 of 55 Old 09-26-2008, 04:26 PM

I use my boppy wedge between my knees...it helps the hips so much! I'd seen them at Babies-R-Us but didn't buy it there. Then I found it at the resale shop for $3. Probably the best $3 I've ever spent!

#49 of 55 Old 09-27-2008, 01:59 PM

Today is exactly one month until my due date!! :

Mama to DS R (June/06), DD K (September/07), DS M (October/08), DD R (June/09)... waiting for #5 in late 2013!!

#50 of 55 Old 09-27-2008, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andi-mama View Post
Today is exactly one month until my due date!! :
Andrea, that's just scary!!! (And very exciting I have 36 days (or 40 by my midwives) - 35 weeks tomorrow (and DS was 36+3). I have "permission" to go into labor two weeks from today to be able to have my HB.

two bricks, I am sure the sun will work great on those pfs. I have to hang mine on a clothes horse in the window and that still works great with less receptive fabrics like bamboo. Hope they come out like new for you. And if not, you can always try some lemon juice, too.

My friend bought me a My Brest Friend... I used a boppy with Adrian and still have it, but I was able to use a MBF in Canada last fall and loved it. So much more supportive... and if the baby falls asleep after nursing I don't have to worry about constant readjustments

So what does everyone else still need to do? I went through most of my birth supplies the other night, there are a few things we still need, but we'll get them next week I think.

I'm definitely nesting. Rearranged the kitchen yesterday and then made tags for my kitchen canisters last night. I should be working on a birth announcement/Christmas card but that's too much effort!

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

#51 of 55 Old 09-27-2008, 06:53 PM

Bella -- how are you going to do your birth announcement/christmas card? Are you doing it yourself or somewhere online? I want to do that, too.

So much to do, so little time.

Mama to 3 kids. We live in a yurt!
#52 of 55 Old 09-27-2008, 09:14 PM

I got the cradle set up today, so now I have clothes for the baby and a place for her to sleep! The carseat isn't in YET, but I have to wait until we get the last of the wood for the remodel to do that anyway. I also picked up a nearly new dresser/changing table (the last piece of furniture I need) for $30 at a garage sale today, so as soon as the remodel is done, I can put my nursery togther! Hopefully the presence of the cradle will make it so that I stop having nightmares!
#53 of 55 Old 09-28-2008, 12:58 AM

I nested really really strongly from 19 to 23 weeks (when the stinkin' contractions started!). Then I ran out of oomph, and wasn't allowed to do anything anyway. Waiting for the oomph to come back! Hee hee, not here yet! Send me some of those nesting vibes!

For our announcements/Christmas cards I'll take a pic of my 3 kiddos and do photocards through Walgreens. All I have to do is upload the pic, do the designing, and then pick them up! (And of course address envelopes, that's always the hardest part!) Super easy. I'd like to have some professionals done at Wal-mart too, if I can manage to get the 5 of us to Wally World with a newborn (maybe a Monday morning, DH's day off and should be slower...).

#54 of 55 Old 09-28-2008, 04:36 PM

I have 34 days until my due date. If I go early that's less than a month left. No way. That is not enough time! I refuse to go early. I just refuse and I keep telling Smudge that she is not allowed to come out.

obstruct livery vehicles

#55 of 55 Old 09-28-2008, 05:06 PM

Having the cradle out didn't help, so I think I'm going to drop off the DDC for a while.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page