OMG--we're getting close to full term here! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 55 Old 09-23-2008, 04:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Some of you will be full term in two weeks or so! I've still got awhile, since I'm late Nov/early Dec, but I'm excited to start seeing births happening around here (well, not quite yet, stay put for a few more weeks, babies!)
#2 of 55 Old 09-23-2008, 04:58 PM

I know! I'm 34 weeks, and I keep thinking that we could have another LO in the house in as little as 3 weeks. YIKES! I don't think I'm ready. We're remodeling the bathroom and it's not done yet. I'm doubling the number of children I have : How do I be a girl-mom? Slow down...not ready...not ready...not ready!

Wife to J, SAHM to W (03/06) ribboncesarean.gif at 32w4d, C (10/08) ribboncesarean.gif, and H (02/11) ribboncesarean.gif

#3 of 55 Old 09-23-2008, 05:02 PM

I'm due Nov 1st and I am freaking out! We don't even have a car seat yet. We do have diapers and my boobs, so we're good there, but still, Smudge has no way to get home yet. I've also gotten to the point where every time DH and I do something I think this is the last time for 20 years or so we'll be doing this alone.

obstruct livery vehicles

#4 of 55 Old 09-23-2008, 05:27 PM

35 weeks here... that means TWO WEEKS until I'm full term! YIKES! I'm ready, for the most part (waiting for birth pool/a few supplies to arrive), but it's crazy how soon it is!

Mama to DS R (June/06), DD K (September/07), DS M (October/08), DD R (June/09)... waiting for #5 in late 2013!!

#5 of 55 Old 09-23-2008, 05:55 PM

I was 34 weeks yesterday and I can't believe it. Already? I haven't even found a family doctor or ordered the homebirth supplies yet. Yikes! I am so tired and distracted. Why haven't I done these things? Time is running out!

I also can't believe that I could still be pregnant for another six or seven or even (heaven forbid!) EIGHT weeks. *screams*

Loving wife partners.gif and mama to my sweet little son coolshine.gif (Fall 2008) and a beautiful baby girl babyf.gif(Fall 2010)

When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty. --George Bernard Shaw

#6 of 55 Old 09-23-2008, 06:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by peainthepod View Post
I was 34 weeks yesterday and I can't believe it. Already? I haven't even found a family doctor or ordered the homebirth supplies yet. Yikes! I am so tired and distracted. Why haven't I done these things? Time is running out!

I also can't believe that I could still be pregnant for another six or seven or even (heaven forbid!) EIGHT weeks. *screams*
Did you HAVE to put it that way?

I could still have 12 weeks--I'm only 30 weeks!
#7 of 55 Old 09-23-2008, 06:12 PM

I'm 32 weeks, and YES, we're freaking out here. STOP IT, you guys are scaring me!
#8 of 55 Old 09-23-2008, 06:24 PM

34 weeks here, getting very excitied!

"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere." -Vincent Van Gogh
#9 of 55 Old 09-23-2008, 06:40 PM

I do not want to go early! My doctor is on maternity leave until my DD so I am going to be upset if I go early, which DH thinks I am and I bet I will too. I don't even know why, just a gut feeling and thinking this kid is going to be difficult. Cute but difficult lol.

obstruct livery vehicles

#10 of 55 Old 09-23-2008, 06:46 PM

I still feel that 6.5 weeks is a LONG time away (6.5 weeks til due date). LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG. I will eventually get prepared. Not yet, though. Not ready to think about it yet.
#11 of 55 Old 09-23-2008, 07:23 PM

Emotionally, I'm ready for time to fly and November to be here! I'm also end of November so it seems like forever!

"Listen, are you breathing just a little and calling it a life?"~Mary Oliver

RT knitting mama  to 3 (& 8 who didn't make it) wife working on 13 years to a silly man who drives me crazy.
#12 of 55 Old 09-23-2008, 07:30 PM

Six weeks seems SOOOO far away. But when I remember that I'll be full-term in a little less than 3 weeks it seems closer - like I might run out of time. Weird.

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
always missing our angel1.gif (11/04, 4/07, 8/07, 5/10)
#13 of 55 Old 09-23-2008, 07:33 PM - Thread Starter

My next 2 months are SO busy, seriously not a free day on the weekend for the next 6 weeks, and my weekdays are really busy right now, too. When I think about it like "I have to do, this, this, this AND try to get everything ready for baby", it seems like it will be here before I know it. The rest of my pregnancy has been soooo slow, but the next 2 months does not seem like a long time.
#14 of 55 Old 09-23-2008, 08:12 PM

I am definitely on the count down to term, (then i get ungrounded for bed rest) Some days it seems like forever away, and some days it feels so close. I am in the middle of i have so much to do, and nah i have plenty of time to do it. I do try to do a bit of sewing each night after DD goes to bed. and once i get ungrounded i plan on having a big OAMC session to finish stocking the freezer. I am already making a list of things i want to make.
#15 of 55 Old 09-23-2008, 08:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by selena_ski View Post
I am definitely on the count down to term, (then i get ungrounded for bed rest) Some days it seems like forever away, and some days it feels so close. I am in the middle of i have so much to do, and nah i have plenty of time to do it. I do try to do a bit of sewing each night after DD goes to bed. and once i get ungrounded i plan on having a big OAMC session to finish stocking the freezer. I am already making a list of things i want to make.
I haven't even thought of stocking the freezer!

How many days until you're off of bedrest?
#16 of 55 Old 09-23-2008, 08:19 PM

goodheartedmama-I just noticed your babes name-I LOVE it!!!!What a sweet name!(My middle name and dd1's is Joy, after my paternal grandma.It goes so sweetly with Maile!)

And back on topic.... I'm 32 weeks tomorrow, so I'm feelin like I'm still in for the long haul.Too long, wayyy far out there by all the holidays, after all the birthdays....AFTER the election....

BUT THEN, I look at a calendar and count 9-12 weeks.9-12,THAT'S NOTHING!!!!!!!!Yipes!What if I cancel homeschool until March? I just don't feel the energy for both...Although,I did do all of it today!I sewed 3 diaper covers and we went to a museum and out to lunch at a play-diner and dance class!!!!(I did cancel making salt dough though....)

HOO-BOY!

:::
#17 of 55 Old 09-23-2008, 08:32 PM

31 weeks here tomorrow, but considering that the educated guesses right now have us going between 34 and 36 weeks (based on my ever-shortening cervix) well...I'm freaking out!

And of course I'm on bedrest so can't prep much of anything. Ai yi yi. Hoping for 36 here (and that they'll loosen my restrictions around 34, so that I can accomplish a few things! )

crafty mama to Chloe and Emma (10/08) and Piper
emergency medicine PA and single mother by choice
#18 of 55 Old 09-23-2008, 08:38 PM - Thread Starter

Joy is my grandma's name. I love it for a first name, but it doesn't go with our last name

If it's any comfort, I was 4 cm by 32 weeks with DD and about 30% effaced and I didn't deliver until 38 weeks. I'm already dilated to a little over 1 this time. I hope our babies all hang in there until 36 weeks at the earliest. Levi is the only one allowed to be here yet!
#19 of 55 Old 09-23-2008, 08:40 PM

32 weeks 4 days here...... Time seems to fly some days but other days it seems to be so far away. With my VBAC consult looming on Friday the days seem exceptionally long, and suddenly this baby seems huge inside me. I am hoping that this baby decides to come out early, but the thought that we could have a baby in the house in as little as 4.5 weeks is a little frightening. On the other hand I cannot phatom being pregnant another 9.5 weeks. The earlier the better here, as long as we make it to 10/25 the baby has the green light to exit. With my last one being 11.7, I am so hoping to go early and have a better chance at successful VBAC. I am so excited to hear from all of you that are so close as to how things go and see pictures of all your new little ones.
#20 of 55 Old 09-23-2008, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotemist View Post
Emotionally, I'm ready for time to fly and November to be here! I'm also end of November so it seems like forever!
Same here...also physically ready for time to fly by, I'm getting more and more uncomfortable (and if I have to hear "wow, you've dropped, you'll probably go soon" one more time I think I'll scream!!!) lots of swelling and heartburn!

Tara--mama to Riley (9/01) Nolan (4/04) and Finnegan (11/08). Unschooling Rocks!!!
#21 of 55 Old 09-23-2008, 10:22 PM

I turned 33 weeks yesterday and realized I only had 7 weeks left.. DH wants to install the car seat and have everything ready by the time I hit 38 weeks. So I have 5 weeks to unpack, get my to do list done and pack up bags for the hospital..

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#22 of 55 Old 09-23-2008, 11:25 PM

I'm almost 34 weeks and I'm getting really antsy. I have a feeling deep down that this babe is going to be early. I still haven't taken maternity leave from work, my school finals are October 26th and we have yet to get a car seat, diapers etc. That and we still haven't finished "moving in/unpacking" argh.

On the bright side, the babe's nursery is complete.

Mama to expecting Babe 2
#23 of 55 Old 09-23-2008, 11:25 PM

I'm due Nov 1st so I think that puts me at just over 34 weeks, but I can never keep track. I had never thought of the fact that I only have 2 weeks until full-term... that's 36 weeks, right? Gosh, I sound so... dense... even though I've had 2 babies already!

I do feel like this baby is going to come early... I keep lurking/posting in the Oct DDC because my guess is about Oct 20th or so, or maybe around the full moon on Oct 14!

I'm excited, though, and full of anticipation, and I know I'll be ready to have this baby in 3 weeks or so.

Mama to 3 kids. We live in a yurt!
#24 of 55 Old 09-23-2008, 11:59 PM

Oh wow...I am 34 weeks and freaked out by this thread. I still need to interview a pediatrician, move, buy diapers...

><> I'm a Christian, knitting, sewing, cooking SAHM to the fearless adventurer Jack born 11/08, and  a  USCG wife
And we are joyfully awaiting a new addition in April 2011! <><
#25 of 55 Old 09-24-2008, 12:04 AM

Augustine, full term is 37 weeks, I think.

DS was a 36 weeker so this one could be here in 2.5 weeks. I'm getting there; need to give the house a good clean and waiting for my birth kit and pool to arrive this week. I'm officially waddling and ready not to be pregnant anymore, ready to meet this baby, too, but I also need more time.

I try not to dwell on it but I know I'm emotionally not ready to birth yet, so once we have everything ready for the baby, I will be ready to deal with the emotional stuff. It's mainly just fears associated with the need to transfer, dealing with two little ones, and how to prepare Adrian.

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

#26 of 55 Old 09-24-2008, 12:18 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
32 wks 5 days...I still have a lot to do, today was very productive ~ but still have a long ways to go to get everyone in there respective bedrooms. Musical bedrooms is a lot of work! I welcome this babe to arrive anytime after 37 weeks, but my history says we will be more like 41-42. This baby feels huge already and I keep having this little voice saying this one may come earlier than my other singletons...only time will tell! we are so close mamas!
#27 of 55 Old 09-24-2008, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheartedmama View Post
I haven't even thought of stocking the freezer!

How many days until you're off of bedrest?
16- i need to make it to 36.5- ack typing that out makes it seem sooooo soon.
#28 of 55 Old 09-24-2008, 08:45 AM

I am still so undecided on my EDD. Origianlly I thought the first day of my last period was 2/9, putting my EDD at 11/16. But come to find out, it was actually 1/24, putting my EDD at 10/29. I had an ultrasound at 21 weeks, "confirming" the 11/16 EDD, however, I have read that the later the ultrasound, the bigger the swing is in either direction on the accuracy of the EDD. I had a 7 weeks US with DS and his EDD was 10/10. He was born 9/27. SO I feel as though I could go anywhere from 10/15-11/20. Thats a BIG SWING! I feel VERY pregnant, like around 36 weeks, but the Dr office considers me about 33. So when will I be full term? Am I almost there now? Or do I still have about 2 months to go? AHHHH, its all so frustrating it all being up in the air, I cant stand it. And to top it off, I have lots of cervical pressure recently, so I am going for a pelvic exam today to make sure I am not dialting or efacing. AND, we put an addition on the house to accomodate for the new little person that is on the way, and THAT is not done yet. AHHHH, calgon!

Ok, rant over. Thanks for listening.
#29 of 55 Old 09-24-2008, 11:50 AM

I'd go with your latest due date possible... so November 16. Not only will this save you from the induction pressure, it will save you from YOURSELF when/if you go past your earlier due date. Wouldn't it be nice to have a baby a week "early" instead of three weeks "late"?

Mama to DS R (June/06), DD K (September/07), DS M (October/08), DD R (June/09)... waiting for #5 in late 2013!!

#30 of 55 Old 09-24-2008, 12:22 PM

Barbie- You and I are in similar canoes mama My periods are erratic (before Em was born I didn't get periods...period, lol and after she was born they just came when they felt like it) I just *knew* I was pregnant this time and the early u/s put me with EDD of 11/24 then it was moved to 11/21 (which my dear MW is keeping to give me wiggle room) then it was decided that my EDD was probably 11/13 and now the consensus is that it is really 11/7 <---and even with the EDD if 11/7 this LO is in the 88th percentile for weight (YIKES!, lol) So with the EDD of 11/7 I am 2 days shy of 34 weeks which while it feels 'right' also feels insane! In some ways I feel like DH and I were *just* finding out I was pregnant and now the end is in sight. I feel pretty sad about the idea of not being pregnant anymore! I had a tough time with it last time-missing the 'cuddling from the inside' feeling you get to share with your babe, and am hoping I feel less blue about it this time, though I suspect I am going to be too busy to be blue!

Kellylady.gif, married to the love of my life, Denpeace.gif , DD1 5/07dust.gif , 11/07, DD2 10/08modifiedartist.gif , DDS 8/10jammin.gif, expecting our next blessing this winter!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page