nice things people have said to you - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 09-29-2008, 10:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, in contrast to the tactless comments and irritations, what's the *nicest* thing someone has said to you this pregnancy?

Mine is a tie between the little old lady who stopped me at the park last week and told me I was beautiful and the day my husband said, "I cleaned the garage and got rid of all those things you've been tripping over." :

Anybody else?
#2 of 16 Old 09-29-2008, 10:31 AM

From the social worker at the hospital (who, to be fair is a friend of my MIL): "You are a great mom."
#3 of 16 Old 09-29-2008, 10:44 AM

An acquaintance in town has repeatedly told me how beautiful I am and that's been even when I've been feeling like I've been moping around with swollen ankles and pimple face. She's overall really good energy!
#4 of 16 Old 09-29-2008, 11:19 AM

One of my friends keeps saying I'm the cutest preggo ever

Kara mommy to Jason 9/27/04 ribboncesarean.gif, Jacob 6/1/06 vbac.gif, Nathan 11/13/08 ribboncesarean.gif, and twin boys Isaac and Caleb born 1/10/11 vbac.gif
#5 of 16 Old 09-29-2008, 12:53 PM

I was trying to take a peaceful walk through a park with my tantruming 2 year old and a woman walked by and said "You look gorgeous!" Almost made me forget about the public tantrum for a minute

Mama to DS R (June/06), DD K (September/07), DS M (October/08), DD R (June/09)... waiting for #5 in late 2013!!

#6 of 16 Old 09-29-2008, 01:25 PM

It is nice to hear about nice things being said which rarely happens to me, especially, if I'm out with all my kids.
#7 of 16 Old 09-29-2008, 01:37 PM

dh look at me yesterday and said, "Liz you look fantastic." unprovoked and i could see it in his eyes. i about cried.

and the response i get from strangers when i say 7 more weeks (or whatever it was at the time) "really? you're carrying very well!" i'm not sure what they expect, but i'm taking it.

Liz, wife to John, mom to Dylan and my giant slug zocha :
#8 of 16 Old 09-29-2008, 03:12 PM

My mom told me I don't even look pregnant from the back and that I'm so much more prepared for this than she was.

DH keeps telling me I can have a natural labor and he believes in me (I love this man).

obstruct livery vehicles

#9 of 16 Old 09-29-2008, 03:13 PM

A nice mom in the waiting room at my midwife's office today said, "You look beautiful! When are you due?" She was so enthusiastic, it was really sweet. (And so much nicer than "You look [huge, ready to drop, enormous], when are you due?"

SAHM to 6.5yo DS and 4yo DD. PCOS with two early m/cs. Married 8 yrs. Certified birth doula, writer, editor.

Some stuff I like: hbac.gifteapot2.GIFeat.gifnocirc.gifbftoddler.giffemalesling.GIFcrochetsmilie.gif read.gifcat.gif

#10 of 16 Old 09-29-2008, 04:49 PM

this past saturday we went to a wedding, and all of my dh's friends from college were telling me what a beautiful pregnant woman I am, and kissing....yes, kissing my belly! Granted, they were all drinking tons, but it was kind of funny, they were taking turns rubbing and kissing the belly, and introducing the baby belly to everyone! It was nice, considering Ive been feeling real crappy lately, even at the wedding, I was contracting.
#11 of 16 Old 09-29-2008, 05:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
A friend I haven't seen much said if she didn't look at my tummy she would swear I've lost weight. Considering I've gained more than I'm comfortable with & started out heavy I thought this was sweet.

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

#12 of 16 Old 09-29-2008, 08:06 PM

I get the 'you don't look that far along' a lot when I tell people when Im due.. When I was pregnant with DD I visited the church I attended when I was a teen. One of the gentlemen who has known me for years (I went to high school with his daughters) came up to me and my husband and said "Aren't pregnant women just the most beautiful thing in the world? You are so beautiful." It was really sweet since I know he isn't one for empty compliments (in fact, in the 12 years I had known him he had complimented people maybe 6-7 times, its just not his way).

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#13 of 16 Old 09-29-2008, 09:46 PM

my sister (who btw is nearly 10 yrs older than me) told me today, that when she has children (her and BIL have been trying for a while) she hopes to be half as good a mother as I am She always knows what to say when I feel at the end of my rope!

Tara--mama to Riley (9/01) Nolan (4/04) and Finnegan (11/08). Unschooling Rocks!!!
#14 of 16 Old 09-30-2008, 01:46 AM

My best friend who is drop dead model gorgeous tells me every time I post a new picture on our blog, "Could you look any more beautiful? It's unfair for someone to look so good pregnant."

I know a lot of women hate the "you look huge/about to pop" comments; however, as I feel all people do is point out how small I am carrying (and then ask if our baby is sick, anemic, or a little person , a man around 60 at a bbq recently said to me, "2 more months! I can't believe it. It looks like it could be any day now." I could have kissed him.
#15 of 16 Old 09-30-2008, 10:50 AM

Well, I usually get the "OMG you look ENORMOUS, what are you, due tomorrow or having twins or something" comments that make me what to slap people. LOL. But sometimes lately I've had a few nice comments, especially when people find out this is #4, they say, "Wow, you look great to be having your fourth!" or "Wow, you look young to have four kids!" or something like that, which makes me happy since I have a thing about not wanting to look too old, since hitting 30!

Kerriintactlact.gif blessed single mama to Teresa 8/2/02blahblah.gif, Madeleine 5/28/04dust.gif, Andrew 6/25/06jammin.gif, and Isabelle ribboncesarean.gif11/27/08energy.gif

#16 of 16 Old 10-01-2008, 10:07 AM

not very many nice comments lately, but about a month ago a really nice couple stopped me as I was walking and they both said Congrats, and then she said what a cute belly! It made my day!

"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere." -Vincent Van Gogh

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page