Our A Baby Story is airing again tomorrow - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 45 Old 10-02-2008, 11:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for posting this. I'm so glad they showed a natural birth, but you could tell they were trying to stir up some drama. You and your mom are both so beautiful.

I'm glad you were able to have such a wonderful birth in a hospital setting.
#32 of 45 Old 10-03-2008, 10:13 PM

I didn't catch it this time but Ive probably seen it. I use to leave TLC on for background noise before we moved over here.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#33 of 45 Old 10-04-2008, 12:10 AM

I saw the Baby Story today with your midwife and another client. I felt so sorry for this poor girl. She was induced at 40w5d for low amniotic fluid and BOY did she have a rough time of it. She had planned a natural waterbirth but took the epidural and they gave her more doses than they usually feel comfortable with and she still wasn't getting pain relief. Did anyone catch this one??? One reason why everyone should be prepared for a natural childbirth, even if they are dead set on getting the epidural!

#34 of 45 Old 10-04-2008, 12:18 AM

I saw this the other day and thought to myself..."this mama HAS to be on MDC" and here you are So wonderful to see such a beautiful birth on TLC

Thanks for sharing!

Homeschooling catholic vegan Mama to my boysjumpers.gif Simon (7), Keegan (5), Ezra (2) and ??? due November
#35 of 45 Old 10-04-2008, 03:29 AM

My husband watched with me and we both enjoyed it. He usually runs from the room screaming when I flip to TLC. . Thank you so much for sharing, it was beautiful.

In love with the Hubs (6-03) & : Kookie Pookie Girl (c/s 5-05) & Bouncy Big Boy (vbac 2-07) & : Miss Cheeky Cheeks (hbac 11-08) 100*90* 100lbs = Las Vegas : Almost there!
#36 of 45 Old 10-04-2008, 08:26 AM

What a beautiful birth! Thanks for letting us know. I had seen part of it before, but this time I got to DVR it and watch the whole thing.

I'm so glad that, thanks to you, a Baby Story was able to show at least one natural birth!

SAHM to 6.5yo DS and 4yo DD. PCOS with two early m/cs. Married 8 yrs. Certified birth doula, writer, editor.

Some stuff I like: hbac.gifteapot2.GIFeat.gifnocirc.gifbftoddler.giffemalesling.GIFcrochetsmilie.gif read.gifcat.gif

#37 of 45 Old 10-04-2008, 01:17 PM

I was close to your ddc with your daughter on babyfit and I remember seeing it then! I caught it Thursday too and I was so happy to see it again. I always love how energetic and exciting your husband is.

afro.jpg Mom, Wife, Student Midwife and Doula. DD1hearts.gif - 5yrs (Aug 06), DD2 pinktongue.gif - 2yrs (May 09). BFP 3/4/12 - angel1.gif 3/17/12 

#38 of 45 Old 10-04-2008, 02:30 PM

I missed it!

Tara--mama to Riley (9/01) Nolan (4/04) and Finnegan (11/08). Unschooling Rocks!!!
#39 of 45 Old 10-05-2008, 01:08 AM

Hey! I saw part of this while I was at work! We don't have cable, so when I saw your post a few days ago I never expected to actually see the show!

I think it's actually kind of a funny story- I work in L&D and had a laboring patient. Another nurse relieved me for lunch when my patient was 7~ish cm. I wasn't excited about going to lunch as I was worried she'd go quickly, but I went anyway. I turned on the TV it was on! I kept wondering while I watched if this was your baby story!

Jen, L&D RN, CBE, CLEC who loves to knit.gif! I adore my modifiedartist.gifDP, treehugger.gifDD 10/98, & sweet new babygirl.gif5/10!!!
#40 of 45 Old 10-05-2008, 07:14 PM

Jeanine, I like that contraction timer. I am using it now!

Mindfully parenting DD 8/04 & DS 11/08, Human beings are the only mammals who do not nurse their offspring to full term.
#41 of 45 Old 10-05-2008, 08:58 PM - Thread Starter

The contraction timer is great. My midwife and doula tell all their clients to use it, its sooo much easier than using the paper and pen method. We just printed out the results before we went to the hospital.
#42 of 45 Old 10-05-2008, 09:23 PM

I watched it too with my husband. I watched so many baby stories for my first pregnancy. It was so refreshing to see a natural birth.
#43 of 45 Old 10-06-2008, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanineTheOT View Post
The contraction timer is great. My midwife and doula tell all their clients to use it, its sooo much easier than using the paper and pen method. We just printed out the results before we went to the hospital.
I watched the show too. I have been avoiding the baby shows lately because they frustrate me, but I felt inspired after watching you. You are a gorgeous mama and you handled everything so well!

Can you give a link to that contraction timer?

Quoteriginally Posted by littlehaloSAHMama to Dylan 08/12/05 & Delia 11/04/08 , and
#44 of 45 Old 10-06-2008, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlehalo View Post
Can you give a link to that contraction timer?
http://www.contractionmaster.com/faq.html

Mindfully parenting DD 8/04 & DS 11/08, Human beings are the only mammals who do not nurse their offspring to full term.
#45 of 45 Old 10-06-2008, 04:41 PM

I dvr'd it & I'm watching now.

I felt so bad for you having to chomp all that ice so fast! :

You really are gorgeous, and did such a great job!!!
:

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page