Halloween - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 20 Old 10-01-2008, 03:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, I have to ask, what is everyone planning to wear on Halloween? Are you going to wear a costume or just your regular clothes?

I'm planning on making a t-shirt with a jack-o-lantern face where babe is at. Last year I didn't wear any costume and everyone kept asking what my costume was. So I had to tell them that since I was pg I didn't have a costume. Not this year!

Julie- living and learning with dh A and dc M (00), A (02), J (02), J (05), A (06), B (07), S (08), ? (10)
#2 of 20 Old 10-01-2008, 03:38 PM

I live in Salem, Mass., and Halloween here is a big deal and a month-long celebration. There was no way I couldn't have a costume (I'm even making them for our cats who are entering a competition.). I found a witchy black dress on eBay that I am wearing with orange and black striped knee socks, a black cape, and a black witch hat.
#3 of 20 Old 10-01-2008, 03:59 PM

I'm so uncelebratory...Both my big kids are farmed out to friends. They are each staying the night (DD's friend will celebrate her birthday that night, too).

No way do I want to walk for miles, when waddling to the bathroom is a pain!

"Listen, are you breathing just a little and calling it a life?"~Mary Oliver

RT knitting mama  to 3 (& 8 who didn't make it) wife working on 13 years to a silly man who drives me crazy.
#4 of 20 Old 10-01-2008, 04:01 PM

Ooh, I've always wanted to go to Salem in October...

I have an old druid's costume from when my mom was getting her masters in Drama, back when I was born. It's one of those costumes that will last FOREVER. I don't think I'll be able to fit on the first layer (a fitted tunic), but I could wear the cloak.

Either that, or an old bed sheet!

DD is going to be a lion. A friend of hers wore it last year and outgrew it, but since DD is a tiny girl, she gets to reuse her friends' costume. (Cheaper than me buying the dinosaur costume, and I'm outta time to make anything...which is what my mom always did.)
#5 of 20 Old 10-01-2008, 04:02 PM

Levi and I are going to be a kangaroo and a joey in the pouch. I made a brown ring sling and I'm wearing a brown sweatsuit (with ears and tail pinned on). I'm going to make him a hat with ears and stick him in the ring sling. Poof! A kangaroo! Lol.
#6 of 20 Old 10-01-2008, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nautical View Post
There was no way I couldn't have a costume (I'm even making them for our cats who are entering a competition.).
That's why I got black cats. . . no costume needed!
#7 of 20 Old 10-01-2008, 04:19 PM

I don't think I plan anything more than wearing a witch hat to go with my DDs' witchy costumes. I don't know that I will even be able to walk the neighborhood this year. I will leave that up to my hubby.

Mama to Ava (12/03) , Leila (4/06) , Violet (11/08) , and bonus mama to Madison (7/98)
#8 of 20 Old 10-01-2008, 06:20 PM

I've got nothing planned... on purpose. I'm "due" on the 27th, so I have no idea if I'll still be pregnant or not! If I were due later, I'd totally do something to include the belly. Mother Earth or something!

Mama to DS R (June/06), DD K (September/07), DS M (October/08), DD R (June/09)... waiting for #5 in late 2013!!

#9 of 20 Old 10-01-2008, 08:12 PM

yeah being due on the 1st i have a very simple costume in the works, some black clothes and some white contact paper to make some bones, then also the bones of the babe. so if still pg that will be it. DD is going to be word girl.
#10 of 20 Old 10-01-2008, 10:31 PM

I have an orange maternity shirt and I'll cut out a jack-o-lantern face for it since I'm due Nov. 9th and won't be going out for Halloween this year.

SAHM to DS (11/08) and EDD 3/8/11!
#11 of 20 Old 10-01-2008, 11:16 PM

my son ( who is 2) is going to be a farmer (overalls, boots, a hat if he'll wear it)
and i'm going as his cow! har har! really lame i know...

louloubean in love with bryan, mom of boo squeak and nor nor: and 7 chickens
#12 of 20 Old 10-02-2008, 12:45 AM

I'm excited about Halloween this year. A group of my friends are doing all the planets and having a "Miss Universe" contest at a big community party. I, of course, get to be Mother Earth! Dh is going to paint my bare belly as the earth and I'm going to wear a white sheet and put flowers in my hair. I will be 38 weeks then!
#13 of 20 Old 10-02-2008, 02:18 AM

I am doing the orange shirt into a jack-o-lantern deal. I am due on the 8th, so will prolly be pregnant, but I don't want to go all out in case I am not up for Halloween or am having a baby that day :-)
#14 of 20 Old 10-02-2008, 08:28 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by louloubean View Post
my son ( who is 2) is going to be a farmer (overalls, boots, a hat if he'll wear it)
and i'm going as his cow! har har! really lame i know...
Love IT! I would so do this with a huge udder!
#15 of 20 Old 10-02-2008, 12:35 PM

This is my THIRD Halloween super pregnant!In fact, Dd2 was born on Halloween afternoon!Ds 1 was born on election day.For him I was miserably overdue and do not recall any halloween.For Dd2 I was in an apron over my clothes and bear feet slippers.("bear"-foot and pregnant in the kitchen!)I was also dressed in all black with a name tag that said "Clara Croft;Home-maker"Yeah, I'm a dweeb.This year I have lots of orange shirts to choose from and some orange and black striped knee socks.(I'll need help getting them on...)So, I'll just be festive and not so costumed.Last year I wore a tiny Superman cape,I may put that on my belly...

:::
#16 of 20 Old 10-02-2008, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KindRedSpirit View Post
For Dd2 I was in an apron over my clothes and bear feet slippers.("bear"-foot and pregnant in the kitchen!)I was also dressed in all black with a name tag that said "Clara Croft;Home-maker"
I love this idea! I don't think it's dweeby at all!

If I'm still pg on Halloween (edd Oct 30-Nov 3) I plan on going out and buying a plus-sized tavern wench costume (if by that time they are still available and very cheap on sale). I've always wanted to be a slutty tavern wench, but I never had the boobs to make the corset look good. Now I totally do...YAY!

><> I'm a Christian, knitting, sewing, cooking SAHM to the fearless adventurer Jack born 11/08, and  a  USCG wife
And we are joyfully awaiting a new addition in April 2011! <><
#17 of 20 Old 10-02-2008, 04:03 PM

i was *this* close to getting a nun costume at salvation army the last time i was there. i really should have gotten it.

so nothing planned. the boys are going to be a jack-o-lantern (jonas) and a pink monkey (micah).

i really like the skeleton one with the baby bones. that's super cute.

~helen~ mama to 5 yo twins jonas and micah and my 2 yo baby boy eli
#18 of 20 Old 10-03-2008, 09:17 AM

Don't plan on dressing up because of the close proximity to the EDD. However, if I don't have this baby by then, I will probably not dress up Just not feeling the halloween spirit this year....think I would rather take a nice long nap

~Natalie~
LLL Leader, IBCLC, marathoner, mom of 2 (maybe 3 one day!)

#19 of 20 Old 10-03-2008, 10:21 PM

My regular costume should still fit since its HUGE on me when Im not pregnant. Im Sally (from Nightmare before Christmas) and DH will be Jack (from the same movie). DD is going to be Belle (from Beauty and the Beast). We are having a bunch of people over and the guys are taking out the kids while the ladies stay at the apartment and pass out candy. A few of our friends have deployed husbands so we thought it would be nice for them to have a break and other adults to talk to.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#20 of 20 Old 10-04-2008, 02:40 PM

Halloween is my FAVORITE holiday!!! We started decorating the house and I will be hosting a small Halloween party for the neighborhood kids I have all sorts of "gross" recipes to make for the kiddos Anyway, Riley is going as "Jared" from the Spiderwick Chronicles and Nolan really wants to be some Star Wars character, but I am trying to convince him to be some "fantasical creature" from Spiderwick. As for me, since we live in florida, and its still 85 degrees, I thought I'd paint my belly like a Jack-O- Lantern. Either that or Pinnochio since my belly button is pushed way out (haha just kidding ). I love all the ideas....keep them coming!

Tara--mama to Riley (9/01) Nolan (4/04) and Finnegan (11/08). Unschooling Rocks!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page