How's everyone sleeping? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 35 Old 10-20-2008, 09:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I actually slept well last night! I wasn't terribly uncomfortable, and I didn't have to get up 6 times to go to the bathroom : Of course, I did have one major interruption: DS woke up soaking wet at 2am so I had to get him changed and laundry started. But, other than that, I had the best night of sleep I've had in weeks. Is it wishful thinking to wonder if my body is trying to get rested up for labor?

Wife to J, SAHM to W (03/06) ribboncesarean.gif at 32w4d, C (10/08) ribboncesarean.gif, and H (02/11) ribboncesarean.gif

#32 of 35 Old 10-20-2008, 10:27 AM

The peeing several times a night officially started last week. Thankfully, I am able to go right back to sleep afterward. I have no issue getting comfy. I definitely getting quality sleep.

Mama to Ava (12/03) , Leila (4/06) , Violet (11/08) , and bonus mama to Madison (7/98)
#33 of 35 Old 10-20-2008, 10:32 AM

lets see, its 6:30 in the morning and i still havent been able to get to sleep. its too painful on my hips to lay down right now, so i have been trying to fall asleep sitting up. so far my attempts have been futile. good thing this is my first baby, i'd be f'd if i had any other kids.
maybe i can get a few naps in today, doesnt look like i'm going to be falling asleep any time soon
#34 of 35 Old 10-20-2008, 10:50 AM

My sleeping has gone from so-so- to full-on-crappy. I can't get comfy, my ribs hurt when I lie down, and I wake up worried about stuff and unable to go back to sleep.

I decided since I'm not sleeping anyway to start working on getting DS to sleep in his own bed all night. He normally comes in at around 1, and I would really like him in his own bed when the baby comes. He is a restless sleeper and really disturbs my sleep when he's with us. Last night was day 1...it was pretty rough. He went to bed at 7:30 fine as usual, then woke up at 9:30; I went in and tucked him back in and told him he needed to sleep in his bed, kiss kiss, leave. He whimpered a bit but didn't cry, then said "mama mama" over and over for maybe 10 minutes, then went back to sleep. He woke up again at 3, and then we went through the above routine like 3 or 4 more times between then and 7 when he got up for good. I've been resting in the living room with the monitor instead of going back to bed after he wakes up, because I don't want my husband to be awakened by the "mama mama" phase. So I've pretty much been up since 3. *yawn*

Hopefully tonight will go better. At least DS didn't cry...I won't do any form of CIO. He just tries his best to get me to come back in... "mama mama, come ba' in here," etc. If he starts to sound agitated I go in and settle him again, rub his back etc., and eventually he falls asleep. I feel a little sad about it...I wish I could just let him stay in our bed til he self-weaned from it. But it just doesn't work for me (or DH), and I really need it to change. I hope it doesn't take too long, and that he doesn't regress when the baby arrives!

SAHM to 6.5yo DS and 4yo DD. PCOS with two early m/cs. Married 8 yrs. Certified birth doula, writer, editor.

Some stuff I like: hbac.gifteapot2.GIFeat.gifnocirc.gifbftoddler.giffemalesling.GIFcrochetsmilie.gif read.gifcat.gif

#35 of 35 Old 10-20-2008, 05:32 PM

Between DH being gone, DD being fussy, pee breaks 20 times a night and extreme hip pain I haven't slept well in the last couple of nights. No naps either since they are doing construction on our apartment building.
Last night between DD, hip pain and bathroom breaks I was up 20 times from 9pm-1am.. I lost count after that.. Didn't help DD decided she didn't want to eat dinner so she was fussy because she was hungry but didn't want to wake up all the way to eat. Finally at 4am DH got up to get ready for work and DD woke up to shower with Daddy. Its 530 now, DH is gone until tomorrow sometime and DD has eaten think I could get her to take a nap?

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page