How's everyone sleeping? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 35 Old 10-02-2008, 08:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
:yawning: I'm having a terrible time with insomnia lately. The only good thing about that is that it seems that I'm so tired from it that I actually do sleep decently the next night. Last night was bad, though...only about 2 hours, divided

My restless legs have a lot to do with it. They're especially bad when I don't take my vitamin, but I can't take my vitamin every day because I get such horrible constipation. And, that's just a multi-vitamin...not even a PNV!

Guess I'll drink a cup of decaf and pretend that it'll do enough good to get me through DS's playdate at our house this morning.

Oh, and did I mention :yawning:?

Wife to J, SAHM to W (03/06) ribboncesarean.gif at 32w4d, C (10/08) ribboncesarean.gif, and H (02/11) ribboncesarean.gif

#2 of 35 Old 10-02-2008, 08:34 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Im here with ya....
#3 of 35 Old 10-02-2008, 09:17 AM

I would be managing okay, if my body didn't seem dead-set on recycling the amniotic fluid ONLY at night. It doesn't matter how much I limit my drinking to morning, afternoon, and early evening, I wake up at least five times between midnight & 6 am every single night with a horribly FULL bladder.

Luckily my mom is currently not working and visits at least once a week, and dh works from home one day a week, so the days I can sleep in an hour or two outnumber the ones I cannot.

Kash, homeschooling mommy to Gillian (8/5/00) and Jacob (3/23/05)
and Brigid Eleanor (11/20/08)
#4 of 35 Old 10-02-2008, 10:02 AM

I am sleeping horribly or not getting enough. Maybe it is a combination of both. DD keeps coming into my bed(I am sleeping in the guest bedroom) and needing to nurse/snuggle.
Today, I am wiped out. I think the baby dropped as I am doing some serious waddling. I reduced my work hours a little bit which should help. I think I may go nap now while dd is at school.

Mindfully parenting DD 8/04 & DS 11/08, Human beings are the only mammals who do not nurse their offspring to full term.
#5 of 35 Old 10-02-2008, 10:16 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgirl View Post
I think I may go nap now while dd is at school.
Do it! I'm counting on DS's playdate to get him all worn out for a nice loooong nap this afternoon. I fully intend on taking advantage of that!

Wife to J, SAHM to W (03/06) ribboncesarean.gif at 32w4d, C (10/08) ribboncesarean.gif, and H (02/11) ribboncesarean.gif

#6 of 35 Old 10-02-2008, 12:20 PM

Oh, I hear ya!I seem to be on a 3 night cycle.No sleep on night one, trying to sleep but having to pee every 2 hours night 2 and then passing out for 5 hours, pee,pass out for 3 more on night 3.DAY 2 is misery for all in reachable distance...(that was yesterday...)So last night I slept!Yay!Now I have 2 days of dishes and laundry stacked up,and pb&honey sandwiches for breakfast cos all the dishes and utinsiles are dirty.UG.

:::
#7 of 35 Old 10-02-2008, 12:26 PM

Some days I have some insomnia. I wake between 2 and 5 am unable to go back to sleep...until about 6:15 when I can't stay awake anymore. Then at 7:30 the kids have to get up to get on the bus.

And of course, that's between waking up 5 times from 9 to 4 to pee.

I guess it's just practise for when we have a newborn.

"Listen, are you breathing just a little and calling it a life?"~Mary Oliver

RT knitting mama  to 3 (& 8 who didn't make it) wife working on 13 years to a silly man who drives me crazy.
#8 of 35 Old 10-02-2008, 01:41 PM

Im feeling very sorry for myself these days because I just cant seem to sleep. I even have to move out to the couch because that strangely seems to offer more support for my back. I have been told to get on my side as much as possible during the day too. HA!!! Like thats possible while im at WORK.

Im good from about 9pm-1am, as I am just sooooo exhausted i think I go into a coma. But after that, its anyones guess.
#9 of 35 Old 10-02-2008, 02:03 PM

Sleep? What's that?
#10 of 35 Old 10-02-2008, 02:54 PM

Yeah, over here! Struggling to get decent sleep now, though last night wasn't too bad. If only I wasn't almost in tears trying to get out of bed 2-3 times a night to pee, then yeah. And my back is killing me. Not my lower back, more around my ribs/bra strap area. I am so ready to be done... Anytime after Oct 11.

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

#11 of 35 Old 10-02-2008, 03:45 PM

sometimes sleeping, sometimes not.

i had no idea there was an "early today show" until this pregnancy. it starts at 5 am here.

looking forward to sleeping tonight.
may you all find some sleep too!
:

louloubean in love with bryan, mom of boo squeak and nor nor: and 7 chickens
#12 of 35 Old 10-02-2008, 04:03 PM

I'm sleeping horribly too. I've woken up with either weird BH or not very string real contractions the past two nights. Add that to DH working until 3am and waking me up when he gets home, getting up to pee, the dog stealing my blankets (he's spoiled) and I don't get more than 2 hours before I wake up again. Stupid sleep.

obstruct livery vehicles

#13 of 35 Old 10-02-2008, 10:07 PM

Add me to the list of insomniacs!!! I'm too tired to even type a longer post

~Natalie~
LLL Leader, IBCLC, marathoner, mom of 2 (maybe 3 one day!)

#14 of 35 Old 10-02-2008, 10:48 PM

As well as expected, I guess. The excruciating hip pain that wakes me every time I move, getting up to pee seven times a night, DH getting home from work at 2 am, DD waking up to pee and join us in bed... It's going just great.

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
always missing our angel1.gif (11/04, 4/07, 8/07, 5/10)
#15 of 35 Old 10-03-2008, 10:37 AM

Usually pretty awful. But I stayed up too late last night, so easily passed out when I finally did get to bed. Dh and dd even went downstairs at one point in the middle of the night and dh said I didn't move at all. He also said I have been snoring I haven't been much of a snorer in my life, but my parents do and it's absolutely horrendous! I hope I don't go there permanently!
#16 of 35 Old 10-03-2008, 04:05 PM

I've been getting to bed late (darn addiction to MSNBC), waking up to pee lots, having to deal with DDs nightwaking, and then getting woken up by DHs unbearably loud morning routine. Grrr.

DD is napping....and I am going to try that too.
#17 of 35 Old 10-03-2008, 04:31 PM

I am sleeping better the past couple nights, and I think it is b/c it has cooled off a good bit here. I am still having CRAZY dreams at night, so I have to be really careful about what i watch before bed. (Note to self, dvr the debates and don't watch them until the am!!) Last night, Obama took over the world with a firetruck! A couple nights ago, Nancy Reagan was fussing about me going down a slip n slide pregnant!!

belly.gifLesli: Wife to Jon, Mommy to my treasures, Kyla(Feb 06), Erin (Nov 08), and "Beanie" due 01/12! We're a home centered family! Homebirth, homecooking, homemade homegrown, and homeschooling!!

#18 of 35 Old 10-03-2008, 05:29 PM

I sleep pretty well... when DS sleeps. He was sleeping through the night but has reverted back to 2/3/4 wakings a night, and joining me somewhere around 3 or 4 am. I love the cuddles, but I don't sleep as deeply when cosleeping!

Mama to DS R (June/06), DD K (September/07), DS M (October/08), DD R (June/09)... waiting for #5 in late 2013!!

#19 of 35 Old 10-03-2008, 10:26 PM

I sleep if DD sleeps but shes back to not sleeping again. She was up at least 10 times in the 8 hours she slept last night. DH called at 6am (he was on duty) to tell me he would be home at 830, of course it woke her up and she wouldn't go back to sleep.. Last night she woke up at 1am and wouldn't go back to sleep until around 330 then DH woke us both up at 5am when he got up for work. Once shes up, shes up. There isn't any getting her back to sleep

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#20 of 35 Old 10-04-2008, 02:44 PM

I awake at about 4am and can not get back to sleep until 6am which doesn't seem too bad, however, at 6:30am our alarm clock goes off for us to get ready for the day! Yikes! I have to say though, I'm falling asleep earlier (at about 9pm) now.

Tara--mama to Riley (9/01) Nolan (4/04) and Finnegan (11/08). Unschooling Rocks!!!
#21 of 35 Old 10-05-2008, 01:49 AM

I think i jinxed myself by revealing my 3 night cycle.I SHOULD be sound asleep right now, especially after NO sleep last night and 45 min nap today,but no.I'm steeping some sleepy time tea and hoping to get some zzzzzzzzzzzz's.

I can't even be productive, since on the weekend we let the kids sleep wherever in the house they want,the older 2 are in the tv/sewing room, dd2 is in her room, ds2 is in his room, dh is in our room, and the cat is in the laundry room.That leaves me this room or the kitchen,and no good food I just wanna sleep!

:::
#22 of 35 Old 10-06-2008, 09:34 PM

Hmm, maybe we need to start a middle-of-the night chat group!

I wake up at least 3-4 times because whatever side I'm lying on has gone numb, and I can't roll over without being conscious. Then of course my bladder keeps me awake unless i get up and pee. And getting out of bed is a challenge at this point. I also have restless legs (I hate hate hate that - it's so very annoying) and am having on/off severe pain in my pubic symphysis and tailbone. When the pain's really bad, I basically don't sleep. Even when I sleep well, I wake up feeling tired. I have given up on "no caffeine" and have my mocha every morning with 1/4 tsp instant coffee (just enough to give me some help getting moving). And I HAVE to take a nap every afternoon or the "practice" contractions get too intense. Plus, if I'm NOT moving this baby IS moving, so I'm sometimes awakened by a limb trying to push its way through my abdominal wall (it hurts!).

I find it really ironic that at the beginning of pregnancy, when we're growing a whole new human being, half the time we can only eat crap (and not even that sometimes) and at the end of pregnancy, when we really need to be resting to prepare for labor and having a newborn, we can't sleep. I really really DON'T need to practice waking up every 1 1/2 - 2 hours all night long. Honestly, I don't!

At least DH has given me carte blanche to wake him up for a leg and/or backrub in the middle of the night. He still won't help clean the house, though! I guess I can't really complain (although he does tend to fall asleep while he's massaging).

Cheri
fencing.gifDD and DS are 11 & toddler.gif DD is 4    hbac.gif  Our car is a bike!bikenew.gif

Sharing our homeschool.gifwith 3cat.gif, 2 dog2.gif & 4 chicken3.gif

#23 of 35 Old 10-07-2008, 05:58 AM

well, the clock says 4 AM and I'm about to get up and try to get a couple more hours... DS came and got my DP at about 3 because he was lonely... she normally sleeps in his room with him and he just crawls in and wakes no one up, but she's hurt her back and for that reason has been sleeping in our bed. I think for everyone's sake (including her own), she needs to go back to sleeping in his room...

My mind just started going, and this baby has been absolutely violent with the fists in the nether regions lately, especially when I lie on my left side.

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#24 of 35 Old 10-07-2008, 01:01 PM

First off, s to all of the sleepless mamas!

And *sob* I have been sleeping like total crap. And because I love DP dearly, and know he needs his sleep, I have also been trying to lay super still at night so as not to wake him with my 20 point turns...oh and did I mention that I have been getting up hourly to pee? On the brightside, *knocks on wood cautiously* DD has been sleeping through the night as of late: though I haven't been able to savor a solid night of sleep since she has begun doing it : hehehe well there is some irony

Kellylady.gif, married to the love of my life, Denpeace.gif , DD1 5/07dust.gif , 11/07, DD2 10/08modifiedartist.gif , DDS 8/10jammin.gif, expecting our next blessing this winter!

#25 of 35 Old 10-07-2008, 02:36 PM

I am sleeping just fine. In fact, I find myself in bed by 10pm most nights and for me that is crazy because I have always been a night owl. I am sleeping almost all night with one waking to pee. My problem is that I wake up at 8am with the kids and still feel dead to the world. Like right now, it is 12:36pm and I am counting down until the girls are down for their nap so I can nap, too. I am sooo tired.

Mama to Ava (12/03) , Leila (4/06) , Violet (11/08) , and bonus mama to Madison (7/98)
#26 of 35 Old 10-14-2008, 01:28 PM

And don't get me started on the heartburn that transitions into "waking up choking on your own vomit." UUUGGGHHH. That is a sleep buster I thought I'd left behind in college. :
#27 of 35 Old 10-14-2008, 02:07 PM

i seem to fall asleep okay on the couch, but it's super early. then dh has me transition to bed and i need to listen to my hypnobabies to fall back asleep within a reasonable time. wake up every time i need to heave myself to the other side. pee break somewhere between 2:30 and 4:30, then 30-60 minutes laying there trying to fall asleep...
the dog started giving me dirty looks for waking her up during the night when i have to get up.

isn't this what the military does to people to break their will? aren't i covered by the geneva conventions?

Liz, wife to John, mom to Dylan and my giant slug zocha :
#28 of 35 Old 10-14-2008, 02:23 PM

Wow, I'm so glad I found this thread! (I was just peaking from the dec DDC.) At least I'm not alone in not being able to sleep. Between heartburn, leg cramps, needing to pee, and just general discomfort, I'm waking up at least once every hour all night long. It seems like the only time I'm really deeply asleep is right before the alarm goes off in the morning!

Individually, I can deal with all the symptoms, but with the lack of sleep on top of them I am just on the verge of breaking down completely. I could literally burst into tears at any moment, for no particular reason at all.

And GRRRRR! to all those people who say "gee, you look tired" to me. I KNOW I look tired. It's because I AM TIRED.
#29 of 35 Old 10-14-2008, 02:39 PM

I sleep like a baby! Sorry...

Liv, SAHM of 3 kiddos 

#30 of 35 Old 10-14-2008, 03:43 PM

No sleep at all over here either :! It's pretty damn annoying, since I am still working full time, and can hardly function with no sleep. Well, I can sleep until about 4am, then lie awake for hours. Will I be able to sleep when the baby comes??? Someone please say yes

Lovestruck luxlove.gif mama to Girlie #1 energy.gifand Girlie #2 on the way!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page