Bored to tears with eating? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 10-03-2008, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am so sick of food. Every 2 hours food. Teeny tiny meals not worth cooking, every freaking two hours. I'm tired of heartburn because I'm hungry, I'm tired of heartburn because I've just eaten. I'm tired of analyzing what I've just eaten, and worrying that maybe I'm not eating well enough for my baby.

I'm SO BORED with FOOD I could SCREAM!!!! I'm tired of feeling guilty for not wanting to eat. I'm tired of feeling guilty for not eating protein with every meal. I'm tired of feeling guilty because I really just want to eat oreos dipped in coffee instead of yogurt and granola.

><> I'm a Christian, knitting, sewing, cooking SAHM to the fearless adventurer Jack born 11/08, and  a  USCG wife
And we are joyfully awaiting a new addition in April 2011! <><
#2 of 14 Old 10-03-2008, 12:51 PM

I hear ya. I'm 36 weeks and tired of worrying about every little morsel that goes in my mouth. I'm tired of reading labels compulsively to make sure they're okay. I'm tired of learning about some random ingredient I've been eating a lot of during this entire pregnancy (soy, for instance) and worrying myself to death because it's OMG NOT IDEAL FOR THE BABY etc.

I'm tired of being vulnerable to the cottage industry that is focused on scaring pregnant women. I'm tired of being scared and I'm tired of being tired. Hugs, mama. We're getting close!

Loving wife partners.gif and mama to my sweet little son coolshine.gif (Fall 2008) and a beautiful baby girl babyf.gif(Fall 2010)

When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty. --George Bernard Shaw

#3 of 14 Old 10-03-2008, 01:17 PM

ME ME ME!!!!

Unfortunately, the worry goes on after the birth because we'll still be the baby's only food source for many months to come. But we can replace some of the worry about toxins we put into our amniotic fluid by eating and drinking with worry about environmental exposures to vehicle exhaust around town, cigarette smoke from strangers, and germy sick people.

But yes, food is annoying right now. I'm so bummed I'm out of chocolate covered pretzels because I had to break down and eat an apple today.
#4 of 14 Old 10-03-2008, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochimama View Post
But yes, food is annoying right now. I'm so bummed I'm out of chocolate covered pretzels because I had to break down and eat an apple today.

Oh, and don't even mention cigarettes...oh I quit when I found out I was pg, and haven't had a craving for months, but now...it's so nice and cool outside. This time last year I was already in my bulky sweaters and sitting on the porch having a smoke and drinking cider. I know it's a terrible habit, but darn it I LOVED IT.

><> I'm a Christian, knitting, sewing, cooking SAHM to the fearless adventurer Jack born 11/08, and  a  USCG wife
And we are joyfully awaiting a new addition in April 2011! <><
#5 of 14 Old 10-03-2008, 03:36 PM

ME TOO! I'm sick of eating well. I'm sick of counting protein grams. I'm sick of the sour stomach/heartburn/burping. The best part is if I don't space my meals out appropriately (every 2-3 hours with protein) I start throwing ketones. For whatever reason, I'm really metaboloically sensitive this pregnancy. Sick of food.

I've been having vivid dreams about alcoholic beverages for a week now. I can taste them, smell them, oh my gosh...it's really, really sad.
#6 of 14 Old 10-03-2008, 05:01 PM

Yes!! I am tired of being hungry all the time and then either feeling nauseous from eating too much/eating the wrong thing, or feeling guilty because I ate junk food! I am tired of the same old boring snacks at my desk that are supposed to stop me from running to the vending machine. And I am tired of drinking water!!!
#7 of 14 Old 10-03-2008, 05:30 PM

OMG, me too!! I was going to post a thread like this.

I am so tired making sure I am eating protein. No reason for that like GD, just can't have simple carbs or I feel yucky.

I am so tired of trying to figure out what to eat too. I feel like I eat the same stuff over and over.

I really want my body back!

Mindfully parenting DD 8/04 & DS 11/08, Human beings are the only mammals who do not nurse their offspring to full term.
#8 of 14 Old 10-03-2008, 06:41 PM

If I told you that half my meals are currently Cap'n Crunch, would that make you feel better? :

It was like this for my last pg, too-- at 8 months I obsessed on CC, at 9 months I obsessed on Lucky Charms. And I normally don't allow a box of cereal in the house unless it has 8 grams of fiber, 6 grams of protein, and the first ingredient is some sort of solid, fibrous whole grain. But all I want is the Cap'n, so I guess i'm at least getting all sorts of vitamins from the fortification and milk. It's better than heartburn or waking up at 3am to a rumbly tum, i'll tell you that!
#9 of 14 Old 10-03-2008, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpiedee View Post
at 9 months I obsessed on Lucky Charms.
I had a Lucky Charm craving recently. It went on for weeks before I gave in. I don't ever by cereal like that, so I hid it from DD.

Mindfully parenting DD 8/04 & DS 11/08, Human beings are the only mammals who do not nurse their offspring to full term.
#10 of 14 Old 10-03-2008, 08:23 PM

It's terrible! I feel as if all the food is the same same same. I open and close the fridge a bajillion times. DH has taken to listing all the restaurants within a 20 miles radius in the hopes that something will sound good haha.

Mama to expecting Babe 2
#11 of 14 Old 10-04-2008, 02:44 PM

Boring boring! I'm with ya'll. I have no desire or craving to eat AT ALL, but my body works at convincing me with all this nasty lightheaded, sour stomach, heart burn, gall bladder, and GUILT! "You're not feeding your baby!" "You're not getting enough protein!" and now it's started farming calcium from my teeth! "Don't want to eat huh? We'll see how you like this!" I swear I can see straight through one of my front teeth now! :

Yesterday all I had was two pieces of pizza and a slice of chocolate cake. Ugh.
#12 of 14 Old 10-04-2008, 02:55 PM

I'm so in the same boat!! I am so sick of eating period because each time I do the heartburn is unbearable. Everything I eat makes me so sick. Even when I haven't eaten I get heartburn! What is up with that???? I have actually woken up in the middle of the night (2x this week) with awful heartburn! I hadn't eaten anything in at least 4 hours. someone please tell me why I'm getting heartburn then?

As for the junk food....well, this probably explains all the heartburn All I crave is Root Beer soda and french fries. I had DH go to McDonalds for me (I know bad) and had him order me a Big Mac Meal (large), diet coke and and extra Double cheeseburger : and, needless to say, I've gained 65 lbs so far.

Tara--mama to Riley (9/01) Nolan (4/04) and Finnegan (11/08). Unschooling Rocks!!!
#13 of 14 Old 10-04-2008, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinginhipmama View Post
Even when I haven't eaten I get heartburn! What is up with that???? I have actually woken up in the middle of the night (2x this week) with awful heartburn! I hadn't eaten anything in at least 4 hours. someone please tell me why I'm getting heartburn then?
Yeah I have this too. Something about the acid building up and all those softening sphecters (spelling I know) not containing it as well. BAH... I just want it to stop.

My midwife has me using the Natural Calm magnesium supplement. That works wonders. It also has the bonus of helping with any kind of leg cramps you may have. It's about 20 bucks a bottle...but it works and the bottle lasts. I only use 1 tsp at a go.
#14 of 14 Old 10-06-2008, 02:29 PM

i splurged on a bunch of new flavors of tea,
and
kashi makes a cereal called 'morning sunshine' that i hide from my toddler - it's MINE!

plus having a toddler helps. we eat together, tiny meals, or we share something. (he eats more!)

laughing cow makes yummy soft cheese (YES it's pasturized) that is especially tasty on crackers.

hang in there mamas! not long to go now!!:

louloubean in love with bryan, mom of boo squeak and nor nor: and 7 chickens

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page