Rings - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 10-04-2008, 03:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
In theory I could still be wearing them but my fingers are kind of puffy now and I've heard horror stories of women having to have them cut off at the ER because they were restricting circulation. I took them off about a week ago and it was way harder than I thought it would be--those things were really on there.

Anyone else?

Loving wife partners.gif and mama to my sweet little son coolshine.gif (Fall 2008) and a beautiful baby girl babyf.gif(Fall 2010)

When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty. --George Bernard Shaw

#2 of 13 Old 10-04-2008, 04:01 PM

I'm still wearing mine, but I do take them off at night before bed

Wife to J, SAHM to W (03/06) ribboncesarean.gif at 32w4d, C (10/08) ribboncesarean.gif, and H (02/11) ribboncesarean.gif

#3 of 13 Old 10-04-2008, 04:41 PM

I don't wear mine around the house and I often forget to put them on when I go out, but mine still fit. They get a little tight when it's hot, though.

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

#4 of 13 Old 10-04-2008, 05:53 PM

Haven't worn mine in months I only got married in February... I wanna wear them!!

Mama to DS R (June/06), DD K (September/07), DS M (October/08), DD R (June/09)... waiting for #5 in late 2013!!

#5 of 13 Old 10-04-2008, 05:57 PM

Took mine off months ago. They weren't *that* tight but a friend of hers had her rings get stuck and the idea of that freaks me out.

I look really young, which actually can be annoying- depending on context and what I'm wearing people often think I'm in high school. So, since I took my rings off, sometimes when I'm out and about I wonder if people think I'm a pregnant teen. (Not that it would matter if I were, it's just so far from the truth it's funny to me.)

SAHM to 6.5yo DS and 4yo DD. PCOS with two early m/cs. Married 8 yrs. Certified birth doula, writer, editor.

Some stuff I like: hbac.gifteapot2.GIFeat.gifnocirc.gifbftoddler.giffemalesling.GIFcrochetsmilie.gif read.gifcat.gif

#6 of 13 Old 10-04-2008, 08:15 PM

I wear mine when I remember to put them on. They still fit fine but I take them off to sleep (otherwise I scratch my daughter) and I forget to put them back on. THey will definetly be taken off when I go to have the baby since you aren't allowed to wear jewerly in the hospital Im delievering at.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#7 of 13 Old 10-04-2008, 08:15 PM

I am thrilled that mine still fit. Last time they didn't at the end... and my fingers never ended up getting back to the same size I guess because I had to have my rings resized! That sucked!
#8 of 13 Old 10-04-2008, 10:08 PM

Mine still fits just fine. It is actually a bit loose on some days. With DD2, I had to take them off a week before she was born because it was getting to the point of no return on them. I am so glad I did, too. I had a c-section, and I swelled up sooooo much afterward. It was ridiculous. We are talking swelling where my ankles jiggled when I walked. I left the hospital barefoot because I could not get my flip flops on my feet. Anway, I know my rings would have had to be cut off if I had left them on. I am thinking I will take them off before I have my c/s this time regardless of whether I have swelling or not. I just don't want to risk it considering last time.

Mama to Ava (12/03) , Leila (4/06) , Violet (11/08) , and bonus mama to Madison (7/98)
#9 of 13 Old 10-05-2008, 01:11 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Mine actually do still fit fine but I put them on a chain around my neck awhile back. I get very mildly swollen occassionally but I would hate to have sudden swelling & find them stuck. And yesterday morning I could barely close my hand for the swelling so I'm glad I wasn't wearing them. It was very strange though 'cause it was only the left hand & it went away pretty quickly after I woke up - I think I must have slept with my arm funny.

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

#10 of 13 Old 10-05-2008, 06:15 AM

I wear mine 24/7. It is a good salt/water intake indicator to me! If my ring gets tight a bit, I drink more and avoid salty stuff for a while. Works perfectly.

Liv, SAHM of 3 kiddos 

#11 of 13 Old 10-05-2008, 01:33 PM

My swelling has reached a point that I don't think I SHOULD wear them anymore. Most evenings with cold water and soap I am able to get them off, but it's a stretch. It's just been my constant companion for more than 10 years (well, 11 in December) that I don't really WANT to take them off for 2 more months or so.

"Listen, are you breathing just a little and calling it a life?"~Mary Oliver

RT knitting mama  to 3 (& 8 who didn't make it) wife working on 13 years to a silly man who drives me crazy.
#12 of 13 Old 10-06-2008, 05:21 PM

Mine won't come off (have been stuck for months now!) but they're not restricting my circulation or anything so I just wear them 24/7.

Kerriintactlact.gif blessed single mama to Teresa 8/2/02blahblah.gif, Madeleine 5/28/04dust.gif, Andrew 6/25/06jammin.gif, and Isabelle ribboncesarean.gif11/27/08energy.gif

#13 of 13 Old 10-06-2008, 07:05 PM

I haven't been wearing my wedding ring for the last 3-4 months. It started getting tight and uncomfortable and I took it off.

Mama to 3 kids. We live in a yurt!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page