Possibly losing fluid..... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 10-04-2008, 04:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ARG!So earlier this week, baby either dropped or moved into a head down position, and I can breathe easier, but I'm having to use leg muscles I feel like I've never used, right next to my yoni.OUCH!Also there is HEAVY pressure on the front of my pubic bone-double OUCH!It hurts to stand, walk, even roll over in bed!Don't even mention the stairs or 30 lb. 2 yr old!SO,after a night of insomnia and peeing every hour-litterally.I'm tired, in pain, weepy and exhausted!The baby is moving more than ever, and this was never a calm baby.Which adds to the soreness...I look and feel like I've lost 2 months of pregnancy-scary small.I talked to our mw today, and she said she'll meet me tomorrow and to drink lots of fliuds and get some extra electrolites in, just in case I am losing any fluid.
This is SO not like me!I have never had low fluid, and baby has never dropped until 1 or 2 weeks before it's born!I cannot have this baby in 2 weeks!Not in 4 weeks at very least!I'm not too thrilled with living in this discomfort for 8 more weeks, but I highly prefer that to a baby in NICU.
To top it all off, DH is working today, AND it's pouring rain, AND the van battery is dead cos a kid left a door open....BLAH!I'm gonna go cry some more...

:::
#2 of 11 Old 10-04-2008, 06:05 PM

Oh wow!

Well, all you can do is just take things moment by moment, rest as much as you can and drink drink drink. Try not to worry too much about PTL and low fluid and whatever else, at least until you have more info.

FWIW, a friend of mine had her baby drop early like that with her second pregnancy, and she didn't go into PTL. She was mighty uncomfortable for those last few weeks, though. But she weathered it fine.

SAHM to 6.5yo DS and 4yo DD. PCOS with two early m/cs. Married 8 yrs. Certified birth doula, writer, editor.

Some stuff I like: hbac.gifteapot2.GIFeat.gifnocirc.gifbftoddler.giffemalesling.GIFcrochetsmilie.gif read.gifcat.gif

#3 of 11 Old 10-04-2008, 10:11 PM

I had low fluid with DD1 that put me on bedrest for the last month of my pregnancy. Labor was no where in site when I delivered via planned c/s (I can't labor) a week before my due date. So, try not to stress too much if your fluid is low. Gets lots of rest and hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.

Mama to Ava (12/03) , Leila (4/06) , Violet (11/08) , and bonus mama to Madison (7/98)
#4 of 11 Old 10-05-2008, 12:23 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks, mama's.We'll see how the appt goes tomorrow. I've been downing water,so hopfully that will help.

#5 of 11 Old 10-05-2008, 01:37 PM

I hope everything is going well! This little guy dropped about 2 weeks ago, so I totally understand! Rolling over in bed takes a Herculean effort.

Take comfort in the fact that your baby is so active!

"Listen, are you breathing just a little and calling it a life?"~Mary Oliver

RT knitting mama  to 3 (& 8 who didn't make it) wife working on 13 years to a silly man who drives me crazy.
#6 of 11 Old 10-05-2008, 03:47 PM

I hope everything works out well mama, I'm sorry you are having such a hard time!

Kellylady.gif, married to the love of my life, Denpeace.gif , DD1 5/07dust.gif , 11/07, DD2 10/08modifiedartist.gif , DDS 8/10jammin.gif, expecting our next blessing this winter!

#7 of 11 Old 10-05-2008, 09:00 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
s
#8 of 11 Old 10-06-2008, 01:52 AM

Any updates, mama?

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

#9 of 11 Old 10-06-2008, 10:31 AM

Hope things are better today--keep us posted
#10 of 11 Old 10-06-2008, 10:59 AM

how are you feeling today? :

i feel ya on the pubic bone pain. : its hard to bring my leg forward when walking!!

~helen~ mama to 5 yo twins jonas and micah and my 2 yo baby boy eli
#11 of 11 Old 10-06-2008, 02:03 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for all your support!It was an interestung visit.GOOD NEWS!I'm not losing any fluid!!!!!YAY!The baby is just WAY down,litterally resting ON my front pubic bone-explains a lot.Also, I have 3 HUGE knots in my lower back,the same muscle connecting around to the front.Mw and Dh worked on them,(in my parents front room, in front of the fam...) and IT HURT!!!!!!!!Plus now my lower back is bruised,as if I need any more pain trying to lay down...I'm still measuring on 33 weeks-just right, and everything for the baby looks great.Hb was in the 160's,mw says girl, but she flip-flops on her prediction every visit!!!
This was dh's first prenatal this pg and mw specifically said he needs to be more involved,helpful, and supportive.She also said we've got to work out our crap before we can have a good labor.haha.Pretty much-I have to work it out, cos he's too oblivious and has no attention span,and doesn't care,unless it's about making him feel better,But THAT's a whole other thread!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page