my freezer is full - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 10-07-2008, 12:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So i have a huge cooking session on Sunday and got my freezer full.

I still wanted to do taquitos, breakfast burritos, and pumpkin bread/muffins.

I may try and rearrange the freezing unit on my refrigerator but i haven't decided

anyways here is a pic of it
#2 of 8 Old 10-07-2008, 10:09 AM

selena, want to come to my house?

I love to bake and cook, especially this time of year when it is getting colder. I just don't have the energy. I made apple muffins and lasagna so far. I hope I can rally at some point and make some more.

Does anyone know if potato leek soup is good to freeze? I think I am going to make it today and wondering if I should try freezing it.

Mindfully parenting DD 8/04 & DS 11/08, Human beings are the only mammals who do not nurse their offspring to full term.
#3 of 8 Old 10-07-2008, 10:16 AM

Oh, I'm so jealous...I haven't even started! Maybe Friday night and Saturday I'll get to it since DS is spending the night with the grandparents

Wife to J, SAHM to W (03/06) ribboncesarean.gif at 32w4d, C (10/08) ribboncesarean.gif, and H (02/11) ribboncesarean.gif

#4 of 8 Old 10-07-2008, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgirl View Post
selena, want to come to my house?

I love to bake and cook, especially this time of year when it is getting colder. I just don't have the energy. I made apple muffins and lasagna so far. I hope I can rally at some point and make some more.

Does anyone know if potato leek soup is good to freeze? I think I am going to make it today and wondering if I should try freezing it.
I'm pretty sure most soups are good to freeze. I think potato leek soup would do fine.

Selena, your freezer is looking awesome! I can't wait til we have a house and room for a chest freezer.

I haven't started cooking & freezing yet as I feel it's too early, especially given that I only have the one freezer in my kitchen. I can't wait to start though...it's going to feel great to have a stash of food tucked away, like a little squirrelio.

SAHM to 6.5yo DS and 4yo DD. PCOS with two early m/cs. Married 8 yrs. Certified birth doula, writer, editor.

Some stuff I like: hbac.gifteapot2.GIFeat.gifnocirc.gifbftoddler.giffemalesling.GIFcrochetsmilie.gif read.gifcat.gif

#5 of 8 Old 10-07-2008, 11:39 AM - Thread Starter

while pg the first time i froze potato soup, the results were awful. I know alot of people have a hard time freezing potatoes so i just avoid them altogether. There are a few threads in health and nurtion about feeding your freezer, those ladies might be able to help you with the potatoes.

also there is a yahoo group freezer assets or frozen assets, that is quite helpful in finding good freezer recipes.
#6 of 8 Old 10-07-2008, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by selena_ski View Post
while pg the first time i froze potato soup, the results were awful. I know alot of people have a hard time freezing potatoes so i just avoid them altogether. There are a few threads in health and nurtion about feeding your freezer, those ladies might be able to help you with the potatoes.

also there is a yahoo group freezer assets or frozen assets, that is quite helpful in finding good freezer recipes.
oh wow, never knew that about freezing potatoes. thanks for the tip!

SAHM to 6.5yo DS and 4yo DD. PCOS with two early m/cs. Married 8 yrs. Certified birth doula, writer, editor.

Some stuff I like: hbac.gifteapot2.GIFeat.gifnocirc.gifbftoddler.giffemalesling.GIFcrochetsmilie.gif read.gifcat.gif

#7 of 8 Old 10-07-2008, 10:01 PM
p.s

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgirl View Post
I was going to say I think so if there is enough fat in the soup, like cream or cheese.
Quote:
Originally Posted by selena_ski View Post
I know alot of people have a hard time freezing potatoes so i just avoid them altogether.
but you can buy really tasty tator tots or fries from the freezer section, so it is possible to get tasty freezer results?
I still think it is the fats that is key, so be sure that the potatoes are already imbued with flavor prior to freezing and have enough fats to gets a good emulsion prior to freezing.
#8 of 8 Old 10-08-2008, 08:40 AM

I really need to start working on freezing meals.. I just need to get motivated.

Im pretty sure you can freeze potatos (they sale frozen potatos, mashed potatos etc over here) but from what Ive been told its hard to get good results.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page