Flying at 35 Weeks on Tuesday--Need Some Good Vibes--Updated***Back and Still Pregnant! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 10-11-2008, 11:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I agreed months ago to fly to Tucson this week and give a presentation for work. I'll be gone from home only 36 hours total leaving at 4 a.m. on Tuesday morning and returning by 4 p.m. on Wednesday.
I'm feeling fine (maybe a little tired) and my midwife is okay with it, but I got sooooo freaked out coming on the board today and seeing all the births
Please send me some good vibes!!!! I'm not counting on my baby arriving until at least mid-November!

*****Updated*****
Thanks again for all your well wishes--I'm back and I'm still pregnant! The trip really wiped me out, though. As many alphabet ankles rolls that I did, they still got really swollen. They seem to look better this morning, though.
No one asked to see the note from my midwife and no one even really commented on me being pregnant. So that was a relief. The airline counters are so high, they really mask everything below your shoulders pretty well anyway so I don't think any of the check-in people even noticed. I had great, easy, non-turbulent flights too!
#2 of 16 Old 10-11-2008, 11:45 PM

good luck!! i think that would wipe me out!! im barely making it through the day lately, let alone flying! sending you good relaxing vibes.

~helen~ mama to 5 yo twins jonas and micah and my 2 yo baby boy eli
#3 of 16 Old 10-12-2008, 12:02 AM

No contractions vibes coming your way! Stay in baby!

Make sure you can rest adequately before and after.

"Listen, are you breathing just a little and calling it a life?"~Mary Oliver

RT knitting mama  to 3 (& 8 who didn't make it) wife working on 13 years to a silly man who drives me crazy.
#4 of 16 Old 10-12-2008, 12:05 AM

Location: back in the GREAT state of Minnesota! oh how i have missed you!
:::::goodv ibes:

good vibes to you!

DUMB QUESTION AHEAD:

i thought you could not fly that far along?

anyway everything will be find

Your life doesnât change by the man whos elected. If your loved by someone you can't be rejected... decide what to be and go be it! If your a caged bird brake in and demand that somebody free it.
#5 of 16 Old 10-12-2008, 12:10 AM

Ditto the rest, and you already know, stay hydrated, take healthy snacks, good protein get up and walk, etc..
#6 of 16 Old 10-12-2008, 03:52 AM

Ugh, I don't envy you - I just flew (also from Tucson incidentally!) a few weeks ago and that was bad enough!! Well, it wasn't THAT bad, just uncomfortable sitting so long - but it was a cross-country flight, so hopefully yours will be much shorter, and uneventful!! Make sure to stay extra hydrated and to walk around a lot and stretch your legs.

Oh, and when I flew last time, they told me that with most airlines you can fly up until 36 weeks or so, even a little longer if you have a doctor's note. So I guess she's just making it under the wire!

Kerriintactlact.gif blessed single mama to Teresa 8/2/02blahblah.gif, Madeleine 5/28/04dust.gif, Andrew 6/25/06jammin.gif, and Isabelle ribboncesarean.gif11/27/08energy.gif

#7 of 16 Old 10-12-2008, 07:39 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
good luck. I suggest doing some foot/leg exercises in your seat, rotate your ankles (spell the alphabet with each foot), do what you can to keep the blood pumping! and like everyone else, hydrate and rest when you can, I hope you can have some recover time when you get home.
#8 of 16 Old 10-12-2008, 10:44 AM

Take a doctor's letter. I did a series of flights at 30-32 weeks and was asked several times for a letter before they would check me in. These were international flights, so maybe that makes it different, but they weren't long so I was surprised. The deadline on flying depends on the airline, so make sure you check it out if you haven't.

The actual flying was ok. Drink lots and move lots if you can.
#9 of 16 Old 10-12-2008, 11:12 AM

I also flew late in my pregnancy with my last DS and it went well. I wasn't asked for any doctor's note, but I would have one just in case.

*Sending Good Flying Vibes* your way!

Tara--mama to Riley (9/01) Nolan (4/04) and Finnegan (11/08). Unschooling Rocks!!!
#10 of 16 Old 10-12-2008, 03:45 PM - Thread Starter

I'm flying two different airlines--a puddle jumper to Denver (they require a note if you are in your last month) and then a 2 hour flight to Tucson from Denver on Frontier (no note required). My midwife is not certified, but I'm going to make up a letter and have her sign it anyway. Both days I leave (tuesday morning from here and wednesday morning from Tucson) will be pre-6 a.m. I can't imagine they would call anyone to verify anything that early in the morning. Plus dh just found an old HUGE jacket of mine. I put it on and I hardly look like an 8 monther! I'll be wearing that to the airport both days. I mostly just don't want to go into labor during the trip. It is going to be a long day on Tuesday (I leave my house at 4 a.m. and have to give a presentation at 6 p.m.--get up at 4 a.m. the next day to go home). I'm going to try to take off on Thursday, but I have even more work deadlines to take care of. I've got my schedule pretty well cleared after October 31, but that only leaves me 2 weeks to nest. Ugh--working sucks:
Thanks for the good vibes mamas--I'm sure it'll be fine--just don't want to do it. I just want to sleep and get massages and take baths and walks
#11 of 16 Old 10-12-2008, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kangaroomum25 View Post
Ditto the rest, and you already know, stay hydrated, take healthy snacks, good protein get up and walk, etc..
: Good luck, mama!

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
always missing our angel1.gif (11/04, 4/07, 8/07, 5/10)
#12 of 16 Old 10-16-2008, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

Back and Still Pregnant--Update in First Post.
#13 of 16 Old 10-16-2008, 01:20 PM

Glad you're back safe and well! Hope the swelling goes away today, mama

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

#14 of 16 Old 10-16-2008, 01:37 PM

whoo hoo! Glad you made it safely!

"Listen, are you breathing just a little and calling it a life?"~Mary Oliver

RT knitting mama  to 3 (& 8 who didn't make it) wife working on 13 years to a silly man who drives me crazy.
#15 of 16 Old 10-16-2008, 03:18 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
welcome home. Are you able to get some extra R&R now?
#16 of 16 Old 10-16-2008, 11:16 PM - Thread Starter

Yes, nurnur, I only worked 4 hours today and took a looooong nap with dd. Ahhhh....Ankles are looking better, but still not what they were before, I'm working on it.
Thanks everyone!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page