Pre-labor - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-13-2008, 02:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone else experiencing this? I'm 37 weeks today and over the last several days I've noticed low, menstrual-like cramping along with my regular BH contractions. I've also had a lot of lower back pain and some weird bowel issues (sorry if that's TMI) that weren't there before. At my last visit, my MW exclaimed that the baby is completely dropped and, in her words, "ready to go". My belly is hanging pretty low on my torso and I have constant pressure on my cervix.

Basically it feels like the baby is ready to pop out at any time. Maybe that's because he is!

I try not to get too excited when the contractions happen but I can't help it. I am so ready to have this baby. :

Anyone else?

Loving wife partners.gif and mama to my sweet little son coolshine.gif (Fall 2008) and a beautiful baby girl babyf.gif(Fall 2010)

When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty. --George Bernard Shaw

#2 of 5 Old 10-13-2008, 04:04 PM

yeah, my babe is riding pretty low today too.

it's a pain (in the cervix!)

also my toddler is really pushing my buttons, but i finally got him to take a nap.
thank goodness.

hang in there peainthepod!

louloubean in love with bryan, mom of boo squeak and nor nor: and 7 chickens
#3 of 5 Old 10-13-2008, 04:07 PM

I had my first noticeable BH last night, but they started to get regular and more intense right before I logged off of MDC. With my son, I had frequent BMs before my labor started and no desire to eat, but last night I was HUNGRY, so I think it was just practice.
#4 of 5 Old 10-13-2008, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peainthepod View Post
Anyone else experiencing this? I'm 37 weeks today and over the last several days I've noticed low, menstrual-like cramping along with my regular BH contractions. I've also had a lot of lower back pain and some weird bowel issues (sorry if that's TMI) that weren't there before. At my last visit, my MW exclaimed that the baby is completely dropped and, in her words, "ready to go". My belly is hanging pretty low on my torso and I have constant pressure on my cervix.
I could have written this post. I am experiencing all of these things too. I am a couple days over 37 weeks. Just the past 3-4 days I've had menstrual-like cramps, loose bms, stronger BH contrax that actually sort of hurt, and a very very low baby. last night I told my DH that it felt like the baby is going to fall out. Also, the last time we DTD (tmi!) it felt very different, very uncomfortable, like my cervix is way more forward and sensitive. Like there was no more room in there, iykwim.

I know I could go around like this for a while, though!

Mama to 3 kids. We live in a yurt!
#5 of 5 Old 10-13-2008, 06:14 PM

I uh have had some of those menstrual-like cramps, but I uh......blame it on the pg brain if you wish......thought I was pms? They are just like the cramps I normally get before I get my period. I just cannot believe I have been thinking that... I am indeed loosing my mind!

><> I'm a Christian, knitting, sewing, cooking SAHM to the fearless adventurer Jack born 11/08, and  a  USCG wife
And we are joyfully awaiting a new addition in April 2011! <><

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page