Mothering Forums

Mothering Forums (http://www.mothering.com/forum/)
-   November 2008 (http://www.mothering.com/forum/440-november-2008/)
-   -   so uncomfortable, hard to breath, sit, pee everything! (http://www.mothering.com/forum/440-november-2008/982310-so-uncomfortable-hard-breath-sit-pee-everything.html)

guestmama9904 10-13-2008 06:51 PM

anyone else? i will be 34 weeks in 2 days and just cannot imagine doing this for another 6+ weeks! for the love of all things good, please let me have baby a bit early. i was trying to read DS a book and literally felt like it was too hard to read and breath at the same time. also, how many contractions are normal per day? and what do BH feel like compared to "real" contractions? and is anyone else psychotically sensitive?

rockportmama 10-13-2008 07:06 PM

To my knowledge, contractions are timable. Like they start every _ min and last for _ min. Braxton-Hicks are more, when you stand up, roll over, etc and last until you sit down or relax. I was having them nearly all day and my MW recommended a Calcium/Magnesium supplement. Helped almost immediately. I still get BH, but I no longer feel chained by my belly!

HTH!

nerdymom 10-13-2008 07:35 PM

Arismama I felt the same way until Muffin dropped at the end of my 35th week. Now I can breathe, but the peeing is worse. LOL

UnassistedMomma 10-13-2008 07:54 PM

I have to do the strangest contortions to get pee to use for my dip strips. I can't see where the stream is when I'm on the toilet!

lifeguard 10-13-2008 07:56 PM

When the baby drops it does become more comfortable.

Can you pee into a container & then put the strip into it? Might be easier.

chisub 10-13-2008 08:51 PM

I am 36w1d and don't feel uncomfortable yet, but I also feel like it means that I have a lot longer to go than women who feel uncomfortable b/c their baby at least dropped. I hope it means that you don't have too much longer to go past full term!

coyotemist 10-13-2008 09:02 PM

Hey, I've been having contractions for 10 weeks now! Sometimes time-able ones, sometimes random owie ones, sometimes mild little nothing ones. People aren't asking me nearly as often "WHATS WRONG?" when I go "oooohhhh", but DH is asking more and more "whats wrong?" when I sigh to get a deep breath.

All part and parcel I suppose.

Less than 6 contractions an hour is normal for BH. More than that *could* mean something more is happening. Or not. For some people, "real" contractions don't feel any different, thats me until my water breaks. Then it's a whole new ballgame.

Transition is the only time I feel different, I get nauseous and shaky and start trying to sleep between contractions. It only lasts a little while, and then the pushing contractions happen, and, for me, those are almost easier.

UnassistedMomma 10-13-2008 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeguard View Post
When the baby drops it does become more comfortable.

Can you pee into a container & then put the strip into it? Might be easier.
I would need a really big container at this point since I can't see where anything is going! haha Otherwise I would never hit it!

slinginhipmama 10-13-2008 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arismama! View Post
anyone else? i will be 34 weeks in 2 days and just cannot imagine doing this for another 6+ weeks! for the love of all things good, please let me have baby a bit early. i was trying to read DS a book and literally felt like it was too hard to read and breath at the same time. also, how many contractions are normal per day? and what do BH feel like compared to "real" contractions? and is anyone else psychotically sensitive?
I am having the same problem!!! I am just 34 weeks and I feel like I can't catch my breath!

ambotchka 10-13-2008 11:01 PM

Yeah, how am I going to manage another five weeks? The baby hasn't dropped...he's somewhere in the middle (not "high" anymore). I think my amniotic fluid has doubled the past week b/c my belly had suddenly stretched to its limit.

I'm having back pain more frequently, BH contrax, and the whole gamut. It was much easier last time, when I didn't have a toddler to run after.

asoulunbound 10-13-2008 11:52 PM

I just want to stop working nearly 40 hrs a week. I need to to earn $ and get the most maternity $ I can (maternity pay at my job is 66.6% of what I made, using the last few mths avg).
I ache but I think it's because I'm standing most of my day. I would also really like to be able to get out of bed without a struggle. I don't really feel that big, just cumbersome. I feel like in a few weeks I'll miss being pregnant, tho, lol