Weird achy pelvis feeling - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-14-2008, 09:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The last few days, I've been feeling this odd ache in my pevis...it feels like it's falling apart. It's all creaky kinda, and I get pains that radiate around from my public bone to the sides and back. It gets worse in the evening, and makes it hard to walk or sit comfortably...I ended up standing behind the couch to watch TV last night, while swiveling my hips in circles.

I'm actually kind of psyched about it because I never got this feeling with my pregnancy with DS, and he also never descended past -3 station. I think what's going on is that my pelvis is relaxing and opening up. My midwife says so too. I wonder if the webster sessions I've been doing with my chiro are making this happen?

Anyway, I'm curious if the rest of you are feeling this, or if you felt it with a prior pregnancy at this stage, and what you think it means. What's the dealio with my pelvis?

SAHM to 6.5yo DS and 4yo DD. PCOS with two early m/cs. Married 8 yrs. Certified birth doula, writer, editor.

Some stuff I like: hbac.gifteapot2.GIFeat.gifnocirc.gifbftoddler.giffemalesling.GIFcrochetsmilie.gif read.gifcat.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 10-14-2008, 09:11 PM

i've been feeling very similarly in the pelvis area lately. it's been like that for a few weeks, but steadily getting stronger and harder to deal with.
this is my first pregnancy, so i have no idea what it means, but i'm right there with you! thank my lucky stars for yoga balls.

Bethanie, Single Mama to Clementine Aislyn born via waterbirth.jpguc.jpg on 11/23/08. Hoping to homeschool.gif We cd.gifsaynovax.gif
#3 of 5 Old 10-14-2008, 09:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeofstardust View Post
i've been feeling very similarly in the pelvis area lately. it's been like that for a few weeks, but steadily getting stronger and harder to deal with.
this is my first pregnancy, so i have no idea what it means, but i'm right there with you! thank my lucky stars for yoga balls.
yeah man...what did people do before yoga balls? It's the only truly comfy place to sit these days.

one sidenote...when I was swiveling my hips around, DH was all , like I was doing a sexy dance just for him or something, and I was all, !!!

SAHM to 6.5yo DS and 4yo DD. PCOS with two early m/cs. Married 8 yrs. Certified birth doula, writer, editor.

Some stuff I like: hbac.gifteapot2.GIFeat.gifnocirc.gifbftoddler.giffemalesling.GIFcrochetsmilie.gif read.gifcat.gif

#4 of 5 Old 10-14-2008, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katielady View Post
yeah man...what did people do before yoga balls? It's the only truly comfy place to sit these days.

one sidenote...when I was swiveling my hips around, DH was all , like I was doing a sexy dance just for him or something, and I was all, !!!

my dh likes to "joke" that im "showing" for him. im so sure.

sorry you are uncomfortable. im right there with you. i have found the last couple days that the more i move around the better it is. if i sit for a while i get stiff and achy.

~helen~ mama to 5 yo twins jonas and micah and my 2 yo baby boy eli
#5 of 5 Old 10-14-2008, 11:08 PM

yes, movement definitely helps with the crazy popping of joints and achiness.

last night i was leaning over my ball and rocking around and DP walked up behind me and started rubbing my lower back. <3 him.

Bethanie, Single Mama to Clementine Aislyn born via waterbirth.jpguc.jpg on 11/23/08. Hoping to homeschool.gif We cd.gifsaynovax.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page