If you could pick the date.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-14-2008, 10:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm pretty sure I'll be induced about a month early. That puts me in the first week of November. Since it will be planned I'll have a small choice in what day they'll induce.
November is the most insane month for birthdays in my family. There are 17. My brother in law starts the months bdays on the 6, followed by my youngest daughter on the 10, then my niece on the 11th. Every week after that has multiple bdays.

My first two daughters are 5 days apart in May. If I have a choice I think it might be neat to have my last two children 5 days apart in November, putting my induction date the 5th or the 15th. I don't want to do the 15th, there are already two bdays on the 15th, surrounded by bdays.

So maybe the 5th? If you could choose, what would you choose?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2008, 10:42 PM

I'd choose 11/11.

SAHM to 6.5yo DS and 4yo DD. PCOS with two early m/cs. Married 8 yrs. Certified birth doula, writer, editor.

Some stuff I like: hbac.gifteapot2.GIFeat.gifnocirc.gifbftoddler.giffemalesling.GIFcrochetsmilie.gif read.gifcat.gif

Old 10-14-2008, 11:47 PM

I am really hoping for 11/11 for my baby

My daughter was 9-6-06... so the number 6 is in there twice.
If this one is 11-11-08 it will also have a duplicate number. I just think that's plain cool :P
Old 10-14-2008, 11:57 PM

i'm also hoping for 11/11, though i'm so sick of being pregnant i'm really hoping for 10/29, which is the day i turn 37 weeks! haha.

Bethanie, Single Mama to Clementine Aislyn born via waterbirth.jpguc.jpg on 11/23/08. Hoping to homeschool.gif We cd.gifsaynovax.gif
Old 10-15-2008, 12:04 AM

I'd aim for Election Day since it's going to be a monumental one this year!

SAHM to DS (11/08) and EDD 3/8/11!
Old 10-15-2008, 12:05 AM

My due date is the 18th and I think I would pick the 21st if I could, for childcare reasons. My husband has exactly 5 more days that he can take off of work and if I had the baby on Friday the 21st he could stay home the entire next week (Thanksgiving week) and help me with the older kids, who will be out of school for the holiday!

I bet it won't happen exactly as I'd like though!
Old 10-15-2008, 12:11 AM - Thread Starter

My niece is the 11th already. And since my youngest's bday is the day before that on the 10th, that would just be too much.

Remembrance day is a great day for a bday, it will never be forgotten!
Old 10-15-2008, 12:24 AM

I would pick the 7th... I am hoping for either the 7th or the 1st myself. (Both of my other two were born on dates with prime numbers, so I figured, hey, let's go for three prime numbers!)

Kash, homeschooling mommy to Gillian (8/5/00) and Jacob (3/23/05)
and Brigid Eleanor (11/20/08)
Old 10-15-2008, 12:27 AM

Not in your ddc, but my birthday's 11/11. It's a lucky day. Every time the clock says 11:11 I make a wish .

I was told by my mother that I need to have the baby on either the 4th, 5th, or 11th of a month b/c everyone in our family (including my dh and my SIL) has a birthday falling on one of those days. Of course, the baby will come when it wants, but I'd love to hit one of those!

GL choosing. I'm sure it will be fine no matter what day!

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:40 AM

I'd like 11/11 too, but because DD was born on 8/11 and I'd like them both to have the same date...I hadn't even realized it would be ELEVEN/eleven. Wow.

Honestly, though, any day after the 8th. But before Thanksgiving.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:49 AM

11/16 or 11/17.. The beginning of the month is really hectic- the Marine Corps Ball is the 7th, my birthday the 9th, DH"s the 11th and DH"s work has a family day on the 15th.. The end of the month is our anniversary and Inlaws anniversary... So, The middle of the month would be the best.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
Old 10-15-2008, 12:56 AM

I would pick today

DS was born on the 7th, me the 9th, DH the 13th so I was hoping for an 11th... but November 11 will put be 5 days overdue and I am hoping not to be pregnant for another 4 weeks lol.

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

Old 10-15-2008, 10:05 AM

I have a gut feeling this one will be four days early, and will arrive on HALLOWEEN!! Which is NOT what I would like seeing as I'm having a homebirth, and trick or treaters is just not my idea of fun during labor

~Natalie~
LLL Leader, IBCLC, marathoner, mom of 2 (maybe 3 one day!)

Old 10-15-2008, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalieadw View Post
I have a gut feeling this one will be four days early, and will arrive on HALLOWEEN!! Which is NOT what I would like seeing as I'm having a homebirth, and trick or treaters is just not my idea of fun during labor
But you could do such a great version of that classic halloween party game, where the kids are blindfolded and you give them peeled grapes to hold and tell them they're eyeballs. Then you hand them something....they're like what is it??? And you're all, "PLACENTA!!!! muHAHAHAHA!"

*kids run away screaming*

SAHM to 6.5yo DS and 4yo DD. PCOS with two early m/cs. Married 8 yrs. Certified birth doula, writer, editor.

Some stuff I like: hbac.gifteapot2.GIFeat.gifnocirc.gifbftoddler.giffemalesling.GIFcrochetsmilie.gif read.gifcat.gif

Old 10-15-2008, 10:29 AM

i think that would be great if you could do 5 days apart for your last two babies just like your first two! and i agree...go with the 5th!

as for me...well, my son and my youngest child atm will turn 2 years old on November 25th. My EDD is the 15th. I don't really know what I would choose. I don't know if it'd be a good thing for them to be closer together, or further apart. easier on me for birthday party planning if closer, but for them, they may want more space to feel more "individual"? i don't know. personally, i woudl like the 15th, simply because i will be 40 weeks, and my baby's that come the closest to, or after, my due date (ds was late) have been my best nursers. i know i diff don't want them any eaarlier than 39 weeks...too early for me and my babe's. i do need them to cook at least to 40 weeks, if not a bit over....although if i could afford to go early i'd like the 12th...it was my late grandfather's birthday and i miss him. (and if baby is a girl, she will probably be named after my grandmother, my late grandfather's wife. pretty fitting if you ask me, his birthday with her name)
Old 10-15-2008, 01:34 PM

I would say ask at the hospital and go with when they have the least going on...Not cool or creative, but you'd get more sincere attention...

natalieadw-Dd2 was born at home on Halloween around 3 pm, and dh still took the kids out trick or treating!I don't remember anyone comming to the door...mw was still there I think, and maybe put out a sign?

:::
Old 10-15-2008, 02:42 PM

I would have to agree with the pp about scheduling when the hospital will be the potentially least crowded, like not on the day when they schedule c-sections. But also when you can line up the most help.

I'm sitting here wondering what I would pick if I could pick. If I thought I would get that close to my due date, I would probably pick 11-05 because it was my MIL's birthday, and we all miss her very much. My second choice would probably be the 28th, since my first two on the 28th of their birth month.

As I'm sitting here 4 cm dialated its anybody's guess when this little guy will decide he's ready to join the world.
Old 10-15-2008, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katielady View Post
But you could do such a great version of that classic halloween party game, where the kids are blindfolded and you give them peeled grapes to hold and tell them they're eyeballs. Then you hand them something....they're like what is it??? And you're all, "PLACENTA!!!! muHAHAHAHA!"

OMG! That is the funniest thing I've heard in a long time!!! I needed a good, "Mom What ARE you doing to Me!!" belly shaking laugh.....darn, that's funny.

In love with the Hubs (6-03) & : Kookie Pookie Girl (c/s 5-05) & Bouncy Big Boy (vbac 2-07) & : Miss Cheeky Cheeks (hbac 11-08) 100*90* 100lbs = Las Vegas : Almost there!
Old 10-15-2008, 08:31 PM

Well, I sort of have picked it. I have my c/s scheduled for 11/17. The dr wanted to deliver on the 11/14, but I don't want to be recovering over the weekend with an on-call dr. So, I rescheduled for the 17th.

Mama to Ava (12/03) , Leila (4/06) , Violet (11/08) , and bonus mama to Madison (7/98)
Old 10-16-2008, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katielady View Post

SWEET!!! Needed a good laugh like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by KindRedSpirit View Post
natalieadw-Dd2 was born at home on Halloween around 3 pm, and dh still took the kids out trick or treating!I don't remember anyone comming to the door...mw was still there I think, and maybe put out a sign?

For some reason in my neighborhood, even if I had a sign up, people would still ring the doorbell: Gotta love kids!

~Natalie~
LLL Leader, IBCLC, marathoner, mom of 2 (maybe 3 one day!)

Old 10-16-2008, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookiemom View Post
omg! That is the funniest thing i've heard in a long time!!! I needed a good, "mom what are you doing to me!!" belly shaking laugh.....darn, that's funny.
Yay!

Old 10-16-2008, 10:56 AM

If I were to choose, I'd pick the 15th. My daughter is 7/1, and my son is 3/31. I'd be 38 weeks exactly, same as when my daughter was born. My son was 40 weeks, and he was actually sleepier than she was.

"Listen, are you breathing just a little and calling it a life?"~Mary Oliver

RT knitting mama  to 3 (& 8 who didn't make it) wife working on 13 years to a silly man who drives me crazy.

User Tag List