Comments starting already... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 10-16-2008, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
With my DD I don't remember hearing the "you haven't had that baby yet?" comments until around my 36th week. Here I am, almost 34 weeks and I've gotten three of them in the last two days. Yesterday some woman said to me "you're going to be pregnant forever". Um, physically impossible, but thanks for that thought when I'm already in pain 23.5 hours of the day.
This morning I got to work and had a woman say "she's still here". Uhhh, yeah. Until my mw takes me out in the next three weeks. Then I ran to get a bottle of water and the woman at the newsstand asked if I was going to carry this baby around forever.

I just smile (through gritted teeth) and laugh, but it's driving me INSANE!!!!!
#2 of 12 Old 10-16-2008, 02:17 PM

Oh the nerve!!!

I am in such a foul moodlately that I would say something totally rude in response

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

#3 of 12 Old 10-16-2008, 02:18 PM

I understand perfectly!! I keep getting the "you haven't had your baby yet?" comments, ugh. I want to say "why, actually, yes I have. Now I'm just fat." But of course being a well-bred southern lady I don't do that. Now if I have to listen to my mother on the phone tell one more of her friends "She's HUGE!" I WILL open up a can of you-know-what.

><> I'm a Christian, knitting, sewing, cooking SAHM to the fearless adventurer Jack born 11/08, and  a  USCG wife
And we are joyfully awaiting a new addition in April 2011! <><
#4 of 12 Old 10-16-2008, 02:42 PM

Of course we're huge: we're really, really pregnant.

I have the other problem, though, and it happened last time too. "You're HOW far along? But your belly isn't big enough. Is everything ok?" Grrr. I just reply, "Well, you know, I have awesome abs." Seriously, I don't think I'm "tiny" for 35 weeks. My legs and butt definitely make up for lack of bump-girth, and I'm measuring just fine. What do they expect me to look like? I think I'll take a pic for you ladies later so you can see...I'm just as big as everyone else.
#5 of 12 Old 10-16-2008, 02:52 PM

I've gotten "Oh, you're getting so big!!" (in some sort of weird, twisted cute voice like I'm a 2 year old or something) or "You look like you're about to pop!" And, of course, it's ALWAYS nice to hear "You STILL have 6 weeks left??" Yeah, I'm sure it seems like an eternity to you!!!

SAHM to DS1 (8/5/05), DS2 (3/20/07), DS3 (11/26/08), D?4 (Aug 2010) and (4/06) We CD, get adjusted , don't vax, and don't circ (post DS1.)
#6 of 12 Old 10-16-2008, 03:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
"You STILL have 6 weeks left??" Yeah, I'm sure it seems like an eternity to you!!!
That's exactly what I'm thinking!

The comments about how I'm going to have a "really big baby" have died down. I think word must have gotten around work that I was going to knock the next person who said that upside the head. I don't know how else to explain it:
I'm 4'10" tall. There's nowhere for this baby go to but OUT. It is going to be a perfectly NORMAL SIZED baby.
#7 of 12 Old 10-16-2008, 04:19 PM

I hear you. I hate walking down the hall to the restroom at work. I run into at least 3 people everytime, all of whom say something like: "You still haven't had that baby?" "Are you sure you're not having twins?" "OMG, I didn't think you could get any bigger!"

And of course, I have to go to the restroom constantly. I dread it.
#8 of 12 Old 10-16-2008, 07:13 PM

DH called his grandpa yesterday and the first thing he said was "have that baby yet?" Im not even 37 weeks yet, baby isn't coming anytime soon.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#9 of 12 Old 10-16-2008, 08:18 PM

someone asked me today how many days i had left. i was a bit surprised, im only 34 weeks (though she hasn't seen me in a long time). after coming out of my confusion i finally told her i had no idea, and what was the point in even counting, no one knows when to stop!

~helen~ mama to 5 yo twins jonas and micah and my 2 yo baby boy eli
#10 of 12 Old 10-16-2008, 08:37 PM

oy... yeah...

Lately it's been the whole gamut from "you're having that baby early" to "you're sooo TINY" to "you're HUGE."

ok... I'll be 37 weeks on Sunday. I'm 5 ft 9 inches with a long torso...so yes, I do tend to carry differently than a person that is a few inches (or more) smaller. I've gained a little over 30 pounds and I'm feeling like a beached whale.

I'm really sick of people telling me how tired of being pregnant I am and how ready to have that baby I must be. Honestly, I'll happily go 43+ weeks if it means that this baby is healthy and happy when they are born. I told someone that the other day and they looked at me like I was bonkers.
#11 of 12 Old 10-16-2008, 09:52 PM

If someone asked me that in person, I'd just say that I was in labor right then and they should back up in cae my water breaks. That ought to get them running!
#12 of 12 Old 10-16-2008, 10:01 PM

A friend and I were hanging out when her mom stopped by, her mom said, "so how much longer?" I replied "5 weeks" then my (big-mouthed)friend chimes in "yeah, 5 weeks AGO.." ugh, I know I'm huge..I don't need to be reminded.

Tara--mama to Riley (9/01) Nolan (4/04) and Finnegan (11/08). Unschooling Rocks!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page