Bye bye mucous plug! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 32 Old 10-20-2008, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think I'm losing my mucous plug There was a bunch of thicker yellowish discharge just now and a little bit of pink! I'm 38 weeks today and I'd LOVE to have this baby out now.

Wife to J, SAHM to W (03/06) ribboncesarean.gif at 32w4d, C (10/08) ribboncesarean.gif, and H (02/11) ribboncesarean.gif

#2 of 32 Old 10-20-2008, 01:34 PM

So exciting!!

Mama to DS R (June/06), DD K (September/07), DS M (October/08), DD R (June/09)... waiting for #5 in late 2013!!

#3 of 32 Old 10-20-2008, 02:08 PM

congrats to you! Everyday now I check to see if it's coming out, lol. I have good reason to believe it is, though, everytime...I keep having (TMI alert) globs of stuff come out...huge globs. It feels like my water has broken, but it's never amniotic fluid, and it's never tinged in pink, red, or brown.

bummer.

Honestly, though, I don't remember losing my mucous plug until I was well into active labor with DC#1.

Jesus-loving wife to my best friend and love of my life , mama to my boys and and our little one, who was blessed enough to go straight into the arms of God (11/09)
#4 of 32 Old 10-20-2008, 02:09 PM

Ok so how much is a "bunch"?... I thought maybe I had lost part of mine on Saturday morning. There was a chunk of mucousy stuff, but no pink, it was kinda yellow actually. And I thought maybe it was a piece of it and I was gonna see more soon... but it hasn't happened...

Wife since 2004. Mommy to DS (2005) and DD (2008) and my hopefully VBA2C baby DD due Feb 2012!

lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifribboncesarean.giffamilybed2.gif

#5 of 32 Old 10-20-2008, 02:16 PM

I am so jealous!

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
always missing our angel1.gif (11/04, 4/07, 8/07, 5/10)
#6 of 32 Old 10-20-2008, 02:16 PM

It seemed like for a couple of weeks I was having some yellowish discharge, maybe a teaspoon size, usually in the morning and when I have a bowel movement. I didn't think it was my plug, but now that it is out(it was on it's way out during my cervical check last week and I could feel it in my vagina) I don't have any discharge.

Mindfully parenting DD 8/04 & DS 11/08, Human beings are the only mammals who do not nurse their offspring to full term.
#7 of 32 Old 10-20-2008, 02:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysmylilpunkin View Post
Ok so how much is a "bunch"?... I thought maybe I had lost part of mine on Saturday morning. There was a chunk of mucousy stuff, but no pink, it was kinda yellow actually. And I thought maybe it was a piece of it and I was gonna see more soon... but it hasn't happened...
When I say "a bunch", I mean more than just the occasional slipperiness I get on the tp. This was more blob-like (although it wasn't huge) and was more formed and gel-like than my usual discharge. When I lost my plug with DS it was the whole plug and it was brownish red.

Wife to J, SAHM to W (03/06) ribboncesarean.gif at 32w4d, C (10/08) ribboncesarean.gif, and H (02/11) ribboncesarean.gif

#8 of 32 Old 10-20-2008, 02:34 PM

Congratulations, every time i am also checking, but no!
Still waiting...
#9 of 32 Old 10-20-2008, 02:53 PM

I'm jealous! I would like some sign that my body is doing its thing, but I realize that I may not lose my mp until delivery, so I guess I have to trust that things are happening anyways.

SAHM to DS (11/08) and EDD 3/8/11!
#10 of 32 Old 10-20-2008, 03:17 PM

YAY!! That's one awesome sign!

Nothing of that nature here... but when it happened with DD, it was like an old bloody booger followed with massive amounts of clear discharge. That's what I'm expecting personally.
#11 of 32 Old 10-20-2008, 03:24 PM - Thread Starter

Lovely imagery, two bricks shy

#12 of 32 Old 10-20-2008, 03:29 PM

I never noticed the plug last time, and I checked religiously. This time, I've been getting yellowy discharge for what seems like months, and sometimes it's a lot, but nothing to it. My OB checked last week and said I was completely intact (which is good for now).

My Weird Science-half wants to see this thing come out. It's gotta be cool.
#13 of 32 Old 10-20-2008, 03:58 PM

I'm jealous!! I've never lost mine, with any of my 3 kids, until I was already well into labor. It must be neat to get a sign that something's happening beforehand!!

Kerriintactlact.gif blessed single mama to Teresa 8/2/02blahblah.gif, Madeleine 5/28/04dust.gif, Andrew 6/25/06jammin.gif, and Isabelle ribboncesarean.gif11/27/08energy.gif

#14 of 32 Old 10-20-2008, 04:06 PM

i've been losing bits of mine for about a week now. of course, i know it can regenerate itself so i'm trying not to get too excited!
it's hard though, i'm ready to have a baby!

Bethanie, Single Mama to Clementine Aislyn born via waterbirth.jpguc.jpg on 11/23/08. Hoping to homeschool.gif We cd.gifsaynovax.gif
#15 of 32 Old 10-20-2008, 04:36 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, I know it doesn't necessarily mean anything is imminent, but it's still exciting I have nothing new to report at this point, but I'm hoping to see more of it...maybe I'll get DH to try to "help things along" later When I lost the whole big blob with DS, my water broke a few minutes later.

And, now I have even more reason to want her here sooner than later. Future-SIL just called and said that she and my brother are getting married on 11/1. I'd love not to have to attend a wedding 3 days post-op with a brand new baby. Come on, baby girl!!

#16 of 32 Old 10-20-2008, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs-Mama View Post
And, now I have even more reason to want her here sooner than later. Future-SIL just called and said that she and my brother are getting married on 11/1.
seriously? i think our reaction to that would be "let me know how it goes"...

on the mucous plug front, and again apologies if it's tmi, but i've noticed i've been more "slippery" the last few weeks. sudden gush of discharge, but no bloody show, nothing overly special. then when i was changing clothes over the weekend i noticed...i don't even know what. might be a bit of the mucus plug. yellowish, but more rubbery. size of a pencil eraser. wasn't sure if that was a piece of the plug or not.

Liz, wife to John, mom to Dylan and my giant slug zocha :
#17 of 32 Old 10-20-2008, 08:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by emc03 View Post
seriously? i think our reaction to that would be "let me know how it goes"...
Yeah, as you can tell it's a last minute thing. They got engaged in July and they just found out that she is pregnant within the past week. They want to get married before her first dr's appt so that she can be on his insurance. Whatever. I do want to be there. So, I will do what I can...just gives me one more thing to worry about, though.

#18 of 32 Old 10-20-2008, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emc03 View Post
on the mucous plug front, and again apologies if it's tmi, but i've noticed i've been more "slippery" the last few weeks. sudden gush of discharge, but no bloody show, nothing overly special. then when i was changing clothes over the weekend i noticed...i don't even know what. might be a bit of the mucus plug. yellowish, but more rubbery. size of a pencil eraser. wasn't sure if that was a piece of the plug or not.
That's likely your body starting to gear up for the birth. It's totally normal to start seeing increased discharge as you approach your EDD.

I don't know if that is plug or not, but it sounds like your body is starting to prepare for baby birthing time.

Mrs-Mama ...holy cow... that's quite the tall order to make a wedding 3 days after the birth! Though I completely understand wanting to be there!
#19 of 32 Old 10-21-2008, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter

More mucus...this time with a brownish red streak. Lots of weird twingy pains down there today, too.

#20 of 32 Old 10-21-2008, 04:56 PM

Something's happening! I'm still totally jealous!

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
always missing our angel1.gif (11/04, 4/07, 8/07, 5/10)
#21 of 32 Old 10-21-2008, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambotchka View Post
I never noticed the plug last time, and I checked religiously. This time, I've been getting yellowy discharge for what seems like months, and sometimes it's a lot, but nothing to it. My OB checked last week and said I was completely intact (which is good for now).

My Weird Science-half wants to see this thing come out. It's gotta be cool.
that's totally how i feel!! i want to see that thing!

~helen~ mama to 5 yo twins jonas and micah and my 2 yo baby boy eli
#22 of 32 Old 10-21-2008, 11:19 PM

Giggle, you girls are silly. With DD I'd never seen any of it, despite dilating to 2 before labor. With DS the first time some came out, I was freaked out thinking "OMG, what is WRONG with me???"

So this time, if I see it (well, I've lost some already, but I was 28 weeks or so, way too early) it'll just be "Ok, stuff is going on" I probably won't play with it

Mrs-Mama-let us know how it's going! ELVS!

"Listen, are you breathing just a little and calling it a life?"~Mary Oliver

RT knitting mama  to 3 (& 8 who didn't make it) wife working on 13 years to a silly man who drives me crazy.
#23 of 32 Old 10-21-2008, 11:40 PM

I'm sooo jealous. I have been seeing a ton of yellow mucus... mostly like EWCM but sometimes thicker... I had spotting for 2 days two weeks ago after my first VE, but I was checked again today and no spotting at all so far (and no changes). Though this morning I had two tiny streaks of blood in my CM, but I kind of think that doesn't count seeing as I, um, had a small accident with the trimmer last night so it could have been related to that.

I kind of don't know what I should expect though I didn't ever see it with DS.

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

#24 of 32 Old 10-21-2008, 11:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotemist View Post
Mrs-Mama-let us know how it's going! ELVS!
Bits and pieces of yellow blobs this evening, but no more exciting pink or brownish-red

I have an OB appt tomorrow and I think I'll ask her to check my cervix again. Last week I was 1 cm and 25% effaced. I know it really doesn't make a difference, especially since I'm having a RCS, but I'm curious and it's nice to see my body working

And...did I mention that I'm DONE with being pregnant?

#25 of 32 Old 10-22-2008, 11:17 AM

Today I also had something, it was brownish red and mucous like. But also this morning I had cervikal exam, so I am not sure is it because of this or is it mucous plug. I called my midwife and she said it's because of the exam...
But I am not sure.
#26 of 32 Old 10-22-2008, 01:58 PM

Oh, oops! I just started another mucous plug thread!
Anyway, I think some of mine just started coming out and I'm really excited!! I really hope it means something is getting ready to happen!!:

Lovestruck luxlove.gif mama to Girlie #1 energy.gifand Girlie #2 on the way!
#27 of 32 Old 10-23-2008, 01:34 PM

I have to share my mucus plug story. It was with dd, my first, and I had just had an appointment with my OB and he checked me, nothing going on really, and that was that. I went home and the next day out came a big clear blobish stuff. I had read every book i could get my hands on but do you think I said, "wow! My Mucus Plug!?" Nope, my words were, "Dang, how much lube did that doctor use, sheesh..." and went about my business. At my next appointment a week later when the nurse asked me if anything strange has been going on I mentioned the "excessive lube" and she practically rolled on the floor laughing. It was hilarious. I went into labor toward the end of that week.

In love with the Hubs (6-03) & : Kookie Pookie Girl (c/s 5-05) & Bouncy Big Boy (vbac 2-07) & : Miss Cheeky Cheeks (hbac 11-08) 100*90* 100lbs = Las Vegas : Almost there!
#28 of 32 Old 10-23-2008, 02:05 PM - Thread Starter

I just lost another ginormous blob of it...how much of that stuff is there?

#29 of 32 Old 10-23-2008, 02:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PookieMom View Post
I have to share my mucus plug story. It was with dd, my first, and I had just had an appointment with my OB and he checked me, nothing going on really, and that was that. I went home and the next day out came a big clear blobish stuff. I had read every book i could get my hands on but do you think I said, "wow! My Mucus Plug!?" Nope, my words were, "Dang, how much lube did that doctor use, sheesh..." and went about my business. At my next appointment a week later when the nurse asked me if anything strange has been going on I mentioned the "excessive lube" and she practically rolled on the floor laughing. It was hilarious. I went into labor toward the end of that week.

#30 of 32 Old 10-26-2008, 08:58 PM - Thread Starter

Goodness gracious...how much of this stuff IS there? I've been losing bits of it since Monday, and just now (after a BM), I had a 8-inch string of it hanging out of me. It had a little bit of pink in it again, unlike most of it that I've seen this week.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page