LMP due date vs. ultrasound due date - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 10-20-2008, 03:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I didn't care before, but now that I'm huge, it matters.

My LMP was Feb 2nd, but my due date, according to the ultrasound, is Nov 19th instead of Nov 8th, as it would have been in the age before ultrasounds.

Anyone else in this boat?
#2 of 12 Old 10-20-2008, 03:52 PM

Yeppers! My LMP gave me an due date of Nov 21. Second ultrasound gave me 12/5, and all subsequent ultrasounds said Nov 29th.

However, I KNOW that I only could have conceived around 3/8, because, uh, well, it was the only time. So the Nov 29th date has to be correct, even though this baby is SO BIG.

"Listen, are you breathing just a little and calling it a life?"~Mary Oliver

RT knitting mama  to 3 (& 8 who didn't make it) wife working on 13 years to a silly man who drives me crazy.
#3 of 12 Old 10-20-2008, 05:21 PM

I have three due dates I could go by.
LMP due date would be Nov.6
Based on when baby was conceived Nov. 8
Based on 8 week ultrasound Nov. 12

I've been going by Nov. 8th... but midwife is going by the 12th. Just those few days difference feels so much longer!
#4 of 12 Old 10-20-2008, 05:22 PM

Yup. I only had 2 periods before getting pregnant, but I *should* be like 11 days further along. I know that we conceived that baby on Valentine's Day though and the ultrasound gave me the same new due date.

Every so often though, I wonder if having an odd cycle will mean that I might deliver a little early?????
#5 of 12 Old 10-20-2008, 08:23 PM

My due date by LMP was Nov 21. My due date by u/s is Dec 3. I'm really curious to see how it all pans out.
#6 of 12 Old 10-20-2008, 08:28 PM

Funny, just today I decided to do the math again in hopes that the baby will possibly come earlier than EDD. It's just a matter of a couple days, but it makes a difference to me at least.

SAHM to DS (11/08) and EDD 3/8/11!
#7 of 12 Old 10-20-2008, 08:30 PM

My edd by LMP was Nov 11, by u/s was Nov 12 (and what my old My OB was using), and by when I ovulated is Nov 16. My midwife and I go by Nov 16.

Kara mommy to Jason 9/27/04 ribboncesarean.gif, Jacob 6/1/06 vbac.gif, Nathan 11/13/08 ribboncesarean.gif, and twin boys Isaac and Caleb born 1/10/11 vbac.gif
#8 of 12 Old 10-20-2008, 11:13 PM

My EDD by LMP is Nov 7th, by early U/S it's Nov 15th... I have paid close attention to when I felt her move, when I got morning sickness, all those fun signs, so it seems like she will be coming closer to Nov 7th... We will see!

Wife since 2004. Mommy to DS (2005) and DD (2008) and my hopefully VBA2C baby DD due Feb 2012!

lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifribboncesarean.giffamilybed2.gif

#9 of 12 Old 10-20-2008, 11:18 PM

When was the ultrasound done? If it was very early (like 6-8 weeks), it is pretty accurate. But the farther out it's done the less accurate it is. Do you know your conception date? How long are your cycles? If your cycles are longer than the 28 day average, then your due date is possibly the later one. My due date based on my calculations is Nov 1. By 6 week ultrasound it was Oct 30.

Mama to 3 kids. We live in a yurt!
#10 of 12 Old 10-20-2008, 11:20 PM

LMP due date is October 27. Ultrasound due date is November 3. I've been telling people the ultrasound due date but secretly hoping for the LMP due date, especially since that's DH's birthday. *crosses fingers*

Loving wife partners.gif and mama to my sweet little son coolshine.gif (Fall 2008) and a beautiful baby girl babyf.gif(Fall 2010)

When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty. --George Bernard Shaw

#11 of 12 Old 10-20-2008, 11:21 PM

With my son my LMP due date would have been May 13th, but u/s due date was May 5th. My Dr went by that but I always went by the 13th, it seemed more accurate to me. Either way, he was born April 17th.
#12 of 12 Old 10-21-2008, 04:07 PM - Thread Starter

My cycles was pretty whacked out since I had only been off the nuvaring for a month before getting pregnant. (We hadn't actually planned on getting pregnant until May or June.)

So, I don't mind the U/S due-date. Not too much. It's based on my 9 wk check-up, if I remember correctly.

I was just wondering if there are other people out there with the same kind of situation. You know, to share the craziness that is the end of pregnancy.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page