So exhausted! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 10-21-2008, 11:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is anyone else struggling to keep their eyes open? I sleep in every day (a benefit of DH not working right now) and am getting probably 10 hours of sleep (sometimes more), though I wake up at least once or twice to pee. And the last few days I have been taking 2 hour naps as well, yet by 7pm I am just wiped out.

I am not feeling that the birth is imminent (then again I had no warning with DS) but I have to wonder... is this normal as labor approaches, or should I be looking at my iron levels? I don't remember anything like this before DS was born, but we moved that same week and I wasn't anywhere near ready for him to arrive then, either.

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

#2 of 6 Old 10-21-2008, 11:47 PM

I soooooo can relate. I go to bed early and sleep well, but still seem to need a nap. I am concerned I'm so lethargic because of iron levels. It wouldn't surprise me if they are quite low.
#3 of 6 Old 10-22-2008, 12:30 AM

I was a complete mess yesterday. I could not pull myself off the couch for any length of time. Thank goodness my DH works evenings (6pm-11pm) and could watch the kids because I was useless. I just slept all day and called it a night officially around 9:30pm. Today, I feel great.

This has happened a few times now in the last month where it is one day of sheer exhaustion. I am anemic, though. If you are concerned about it, I would have your levels checked. I did notice a big boost in my energy when I started to supplement.

Mama to Ava (12/03) , Leila (4/06) , Violet (11/08) , and bonus mama to Madison (7/98)
#4 of 6 Old 10-22-2008, 12:49 AM

Ive been exhausted a lot but haven't been sleeping well so that might be why. I use to have a ton more energy than I do now though. I am anemic as well so that might be playing a factor.. as well as DD not sleeping well and DH not being home.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#5 of 6 Old 10-22-2008, 01:38 AM

I'm 38 weeks and having the same problem. I asked my midwife about it today and she told me that it's very normal to be exhausted toward the end of pregnancy. Unless you have other symptoms that cause you concern, I wouldn't worry about it.

Loving wife partners.gif and mama to my sweet little son coolshine.gif (Fall 2008) and a beautiful baby girl babyf.gif(Fall 2010)

When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty. --George Bernard Shaw

#6 of 6 Old 10-22-2008, 09:13 AM

I wish I could get as much sleep as I need. I'm working on a project (revising a novel before sending it to my agent), so I'm usually up late. DD wakes up when DH does, which is around 6 or 7, and then she's up until bedtime, so I don't get to nap.

This weekend, however, I'm going to take a nap. Especially since I hope to have the novel revisions done by tomorrow afternoon. I'm *this* close. (Talk about something that keeps my mind off of waiting!)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page