Just so tired of being pregnant - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 10-22-2008, 09:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know I should be thankful for even being able to conceive, as there are so many women out there who want to and can't. But I am just so done with it. I had a 3 1/2 month break between these two kids, and my due date, according to the 21 week U/S is about 3 1/2 weeks away. That is just to darned long! DS1 was 2 weeks early. and my LMP puts my due date at 10/29, so I am praying it will be much sooner. My doctor has pulled me out of work, thank goodness! But DS1, only being barely 13 months old, is a HANDFUL!!!! JUst his personality is high maintenance, then you add in his age. (Thank goodness for BabysFirstTV,I know, thats awful!) I am already 70% effaced, and my cervix is very soft. Everyone around me seems to think I wont make i past October, so I really hope they are right. I know he needs to stay in there as long as possible, so I guess what I am hoping for is that my US due date is WAY OFF, and hes ready NOW!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 10-22-2008, 10:26 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My first 3 were all about a year apart, and honestly this babe is sooo much easier to take care of in your belly, were he is continually fed and taken care of I remember when my DS was born, and needed to nurse constantly, and trying to take care of my DD too, I remember thinking, why was I rushing this?

hearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gif A house full of girls, but for dad and one brother bikenew.gif
"Be careful how you speak to your children. One day it will become their inner voice." ~ Peggy O' Mara
Cloth diapering, babywearing and co-sleeping has been a way of life for almost a decade now partners.gif
#3 of 11 Old 10-22-2008, 10:38 AM - Thread Starter

I forget how the "scoring" works at this stage. My doctor said I was +2. I cant remember how the scoring goes. Is it something like -5 is active labor? I tried googling, but that didnt help.
#4 of 11 Old 10-22-2008, 12:23 PM

You know what Barbie64g? I was thinking of you last night because I knew you were one of the moms on here with almost back to back pregnancies. I was thinking how *I* am tired of being pregnant just from this pregnancy and how much moreso you must feel that with the back to back pregnancies...

The finish line is near. Our babies will be born exactly when they are meant to be born.
#5 of 11 Old 10-22-2008, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for thinking of me. And heres me sending you some good vibes, since we appear to be due right around the same time.

:
#6 of 11 Old 10-22-2008, 02:33 PM

Hang in there Barbie--we're all so close now!
#7 of 11 Old 10-22-2008, 03:10 PM

Oh yeah, we're close! In a few months, having had a baby a little early or late won't even matter any more---we'll all be trying just to keep up!
#8 of 11 Old 10-22-2008, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie64g View Post
I forget how the "scoring" works at this stage. My doctor said I was +2. I cant remember how the scoring goes. Is it something like -5 is active labor? I tried googling, but that didnt help.
The -ve stations mean baby is higher in the pelvis. -5 is floating, 0 is engaged, and +5 is practically crowning... or something. So +2 is good! Mine is still at -3 and I wish it would drop lower!

I'm sorry you're really struggling. I have been, too. DS was born at 36 weeks and I will be 38 tomorrow, so I have been twiddling my thumbs for 2 weeks already and just not feeling like anything is happening. And while I haven't had 2 complete pregnancies back to back, I had a m/c in January and we conceived again immediately, so I've been pregnant for a year straight. It sucks.

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

#9 of 11 Old 10-22-2008, 09:40 PM

I have an idea: in the middle of the night, let's all stick the babies in our partners' bellies and let THEM deal with the last few weeks of pregnancy.
#10 of 11 Old 10-22-2008, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambotchka View Post
I have an idea: in the middle of the night, let's all stick the babies in our partners' bellies and let THEM deal with the last few weeks of pregnancy.

OH YEAH. I'm all for that!

Quoteriginally Posted by littlehaloSAHMama to Dylan 08/12/05 & Delia 11/04/08 , and
#11 of 11 Old 10-23-2008, 09:33 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambotchka View Post
The male partners would last all of five minutes. Gaurenteed! That is why women carry the children. OH, and Eve ate the apple.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page