37 weeks; normal pelvic pressure or UTI? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 10-23-2008, 03:07 PM - Thread Starter
bax

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Was just at my midwife's yesterday, and did a urine dip with no unusual results (no leukocytes, which, I understand, would indicate a UTI or other infection...).

BUT, I am increasingly aware of pressure/discomfort in my pelvic/pubic area, like, every time I stand up or walk. Some of it feels like the pubic bone itself, but there's also uncomfortable "internal" pressure/discomfort, and, of course, I have to pee all the time. When I pee it doesn't burn, and there's always a goodly amount, but I still wonder...

I know I have a giant baby bearing down on my insides, so maybe this is normal? (I actually did have a UTI at this point in the pregnancy last time around, so I can't really compare...) Anyone else feel like this?

SAHM to Ada 8/15/2006, Calla 11/22/2008, and Wright 6/16/2011

#2 of 7 Old 10-23-2008, 03:20 PM

I think its normal. I get it alot too, and I'm a couple weeks behind you.
#3 of 7 Old 10-23-2008, 03:29 PM

I thought I had a UTI at the end of pregnancy too... but it was just late pregnancy peeing.

Mama to DS R (June/06), DD K (September/07), DS M (October/08), DD R (June/09)... waiting for #5 in late 2013!!

#4 of 7 Old 10-23-2008, 03:32 PM

I've had the same feeling for weeks now. I think it's normal. And it sucks. Though making sure that I completely empty my bladder, and not just relieving the pressure/pain seemed to help me, but I think that was because I was so annoyed with peeing all the time that I wasn't finishing. .

><> I'm a Christian, knitting, sewing, cooking SAHM to the fearless adventurer Jack born 11/08, and  a  USCG wife
And we are joyfully awaiting a new addition in April 2011! <><
#5 of 7 Old 10-23-2008, 03:50 PM

This started for me yesterday and I had a midwife appt. this morning so I know it's not a UTI. No internal exam, but she could tell he's dropping, so I'm guessing that's what's going on in my case. I'm 37w4d today.

SAHM to DS (11/08) and EDD 3/8/11!
#6 of 7 Old 10-23-2008, 04:07 PM

I have the EXACT same problem everytime I stand up. So I think its totally normal. I complained of the same thing about a month ago. When they did the urine stick, they THOUGHT I might have a UTI, but when they sent the urine for culturing, turns out I didnt. So again, I think its totally normal.
#7 of 7 Old 10-23-2008, 09:25 PM

Well, I did just go through a UTI and I'm almost 39 weeks. It happened about a week ago. It started for me the same way, feeling a lot of discomfort over my cervix/bladder area and having to pee ALL the time. Seriously, like every hour, and not much coming out. It also started me into what I think was labor. I was having contrax, cramping, etc. Finally it turned into full-blown PAIN. Like, constant pain, like severe menstrual cramps. Finally I realized what was going on and found out that yes, I did have an infection. It cleared up quickly when I cut out all sugars, drank 3 qts of water a day and took cranberry and probiotics. It sucked though.

I guess they're super common in late pregnancy. But it's hard to tell because a lot of the symptoms are also late pregnancy issues!

Mama to 3 kids. We live in a yurt!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page