LOTS of thick yellowish discharge, 4cm dilated! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 10-23-2008, 04:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi ladies.. I am 38 weeks this week and at my midwife appointment she found I was 4cm dilated! She said I was very open and she could feel the babys head!: Unfortunately,she said I could stay like this for a week or two. Has anyone else found out their really dilated this early?
AND.... what about that mushy, sometimes clumpy.. discharge?? It's whitish ormore often yellowish..no odor.. but can just ooze out alot.. there's been a lot lately but been going on for the last month too. Anyone else have alot ofthis stuff? I haven'tlost my mucus plug yet either! :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 12 Old 10-23-2008, 05:04 PM

with DS, when I was 3 1/2 cm, at my doctors appt, about an hour after the pelvic exam, my water broke all by itself in the middle of the grocery store. and I was 38 weeks 1 day. Walk ALOT if you want to try to get things going.

FYI, I am very jealous.......hehehehe!
#3 of 12 Old 10-23-2008, 05:08 PM

Well, your discharge sounds like it could be mucus plug!

Another baby on the way! Yay!

"Listen, are you breathing just a little and calling it a life?"~Mary Oliver

RT knitting mama  to 3 (& 8 who didn't make it) wife working on 13 years to a silly man who drives me crazy.
#4 of 12 Old 10-23-2008, 05:12 PM

I was five CM dialted before labor started with my third. Be happy that you are already this dilated-it usually means a faster easier labor! You're already almost halfway there and it doesn't even hurt yet!

Stephanie-33 lucky mama of 5 precious ones: DD-12, DS-9 , DS-6 , and DD-3 and Bridget Alannah  SHE'S ONE NOW! loving wife to DH-38
#5 of 12 Old 10-23-2008, 05:13 PM

i have mucus like that and it isn't my mucus plug. I hope it is soon for you, but you could stay like that for a while yet. I am also jealous of your 4 cms.
#6 of 12 Old 10-23-2008, 05:29 PM

Good for you. I believe I've read in several places that your leukorrhea can increase or change during the third tri, especially as you reach the final weeks. So maybe it's not the mucus plug YET, but the leukorrhea can have bits of the mucus in it.

I am so pea green with envy over your 4cms, even though I know that you could be like that for weeks. Still, I bet it feels like progress, eh?

><> I'm a Christian, knitting, sewing, cooking SAHM to the fearless adventurer Jack born 11/08, and  a  USCG wife
And we are joyfully awaiting a new addition in April 2011! <><
#7 of 12 Old 10-23-2008, 05:34 PM

Wow, it sounds like things are moving along, hopefully it means sooner than later for you! I'm just shy of 38 weeks, but not doing internals since I feel like it's moot for me at this point since I only have about 2 weeks left. However, I've been having more discharge as well and the baby is moving down so I think the increased discharge is a good sign!

SAHM to DS (11/08) and EDD 3/8/11!
#8 of 12 Old 10-23-2008, 05:46 PM

if anything, it would just feel good to me to be dialted that much already without actual labor. Like you wont have as much work to do later. I am ONLY a fingertip, but 80% effaced. Not quite 37 weeks yet though, according to US, so I still have my fingers crossed that something will happen by next week.
#9 of 12 Old 10-23-2008, 10:29 PM

Yes, I am experiencing this now. 2weeks ago I was 3cm, 50-60% effaced. Last week, I was 4cm, 80% effaced, plug is gone and baby is at zero station. With dd, I was 4cm, 80% effaced, plug is gone and I gave birth week and a half later. I have been on bedrest, but that has been lifted. I am 36 weeks tomorrow. I thought I would have given birth already, but I guess babe is not ready. So, just sitting here waiting...

Mindfully parenting DD 8/04 & DS 11/08, Human beings are the only mammals who do not nurse their offspring to full term.
#10 of 12 Old 10-24-2008, 11:39 AM - Thread Starter

Wow!! IT makes me feel good some of you are envious..!!!..So, I guess this is a real good thing!! yay! I Remember with my first I labored from midnight to 7am to get to 4 cm!! I normally wouldn't have done an internal check either but I was reading on here how to do them yourselves and I got ambitious..so I tried it and my cervix felt soo soft and juicy(this means labors close according to Ina May) and I could easily stick 2 fingers in SO I GOT TOO EXCITED and the next day was my appointment and my midwife said she'll check. She did say like a lot of you said that it doesn't mean I will go into labor soon and could stay like that for a week or two! I am due on Election Day too.. AARGGH! This was monday and now it's friday and I haven't checked again and no labor: I just can't wait too meet my little Noah!!!!!:
#11 of 12 Old 10-24-2008, 11:44 AM - Thread Starter

Oh.. I forgot to mention.. that yellowishy squishy discharge is most likely leukkorea coming thru the open cervix.. I have a lot over the last month and it increased more in the last week.. NOW>> it's just real slippery and gooey..kinda like mucus plug consistency at times but no brown or red tinge.. So, I think my mucus plug is still in there somewhere!
p.s. my friend lost her mucus plug and didn't go into labor for two weeks!!!!!
#12 of 12 Old 10-25-2008, 12:41 AM

Add another to the jealous brigade!

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page