Brown spotting? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-23-2008, 10:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am 36w5d today. I saw my CNM this morning, had the group b strep thing done (fun fun) and then she checked my cervix - 1cm dilated and starting to thin out, but she didn't give me a 'percent'. Anyway, I went to the bathroom after that and was fine, went to the bathroom when I got home about 2 hours later and I am spotting a bit of brown...but it isn't liquidy/mucuousy(tmi? sorry), it is almost like dried 'flecks' of brown. I am not worried, I know typically brown blood is old blood but I am wondering if this is any sign of impending(as in a few days lol) labor? It didn't even cross my mind to call my midwife about it, as I figured it was from her checking, or something to do with labor, but I was just wondering what your ladies experiences were. It also seemed to stop for awhile this afternoon (1 or 2 potty breaks) and then was back a few minutes ago. Any info would be appreciated!

ETA: I have been having some period like cramping 'down below'(like right above the hairline down there) off and on all day,and I am assuming a few contractions, maybe some BHs, but nothing that I KNOW is a contraction...I don't know. Like I said, I am not worried, just excited and want to meet my baby girl.
#2 of 5 Old 10-23-2008, 10:53 PM

its most likely a result of the cervix check. but you aren't far off now! closer than i am!

~helen~ mama to 5 yo twins jonas and micah and my 2 yo baby boy eli
#3 of 5 Old 10-24-2008, 04:20 PM

Possibly just a bit of your mucus plug falling out after the check. They grow back. With DS I lost mucus plug several times over 2-3 weeks before labor started.

Learning & growing & changing everyday!
#4 of 5 Old 10-24-2008, 04:42 PM

Probably from the internal, which is why I'm not doing them b/c I know I'd read into the spotting and cramping that I was told could happen. That's just me though b/c I read into everything so it's not right for me.

SAHM to DS (11/08) and EDD 3/8/11!
#5 of 5 Old 10-24-2008, 04:58 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone...I thought about refusing internals, but I am way to anxious(excited) to not know if things are happening...and I was having cramps beforehand. My midwife is very gentle too...during labor I won't let too many happen, but I have this "need to know thing" going on...lol.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page