I am so irritated right now - DH - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 10-24-2008, 12:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, DH has been working mids this week. He goes to nights next week, so he has today off. He comes home last night and proceeds to keep me up until 1am, even though I told him when he got home that I needed to go to bed. My feet were terribly swollen, I ached all over, was having contrax that weren't going anywhere. It's not like I could just go into our bedroom and go to sleep alone either. We currently live with my parents and we have only one room to ourselves. He was on our computer, which is in our bedroom.

I slept terribly, as usual. I feel like I've been run over. My pelvis hurts, my bladder hurts, my uterus just keeps on chuggin' away. At ten I ask DH (who was awake) to please make me some eggs. He makes such good eggs, always makes them for me when he's home. He's still in bed. I had a poptart to tide me over, and he's still laying in bed! I asked him when he was going to get up, and YOU KNOW WHAT HE SAYS TO ME?

"I didn't sleep well. You were moving too much, you kept waking me up. I want to keep sleeping."

Ohhh, gotcha. So sorry to inconvenience you.

My body aches, is tired, is heavy and hard to tote around. I have someone beating the crap out of me from the inside, and guess what? Muffin doesn't have the consideration to kick me only during polite calling hours.

And I know any minute he's going to roll over and ask me to make him some coffee. And then I'm going to scream.

><> I'm a Christian, knitting, sewing, cooking SAHM to the fearless adventurer Jack born 11/08, and  a  USCG wife
And we are joyfully awaiting a new addition in April 2011! <><
#2 of 7 Old 10-24-2008, 12:32 PM

I know. DH falls asleep before me, sleeps sounder, gets up after me and still acts like he's not well rested :

Wife to J, SAHM to W (03/06) ribboncesarean.gif at 32w4d, C (10/08) ribboncesarean.gif, and H (02/11) ribboncesarean.gif

#3 of 7 Old 10-24-2008, 02:22 PM

I'm sorry mama! Big .
I think dh's sometimes have no clue. Hang in there!
#4 of 7 Old 10-24-2008, 02:31 PM

Oh, I've just plain out given up on sleeping with hubby. He says I roll around too much (true), hog the covers (not true - I'm trying to get rid of them because I sweat), hog the bed (true). Of course, he lays on top of me and snores, so I feel like we are even. However, I just want SLEEP, so it's worth it to me to hit the pull-out and actually rest.
#5 of 7 Old 10-24-2008, 02:54 PM

Its almost 3am over here and Ive been up for the past hour and a half with DD who doesn't want to sleep. When DH actually woke up (not because she was fussing but because he needed to get some water) he complained I was making too much noise trying to calm her down and could I be quieter.. Then he complained that we were pushing him out of bed (we have a queen size bed and he had over half of it to himself). Now DDs back asleep, finally, and Im up.. I know tomorrow morning hes going to complain that he didn't get ANY sleep and how I slept like a log. He does it every morning even though I do all of the nighttime parenting and always have. Im waiting for when I have the baby for him to realize just how little sleep I get since DD is not a good sleeper and never has been.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#6 of 7 Old 10-24-2008, 03:10 PM

*hugs!!* I'm sorry Nerdy!! (and Oki!!) That must be so tough I hope he makes you some eggs soon, that Muffin gives you a breather, and that you get some delicious rest soon mama!!

Kellylady.gif, married to the love of my life, Denpeace.gif , DD1 5/07dust.gif , 11/07, DD2 10/08modifiedartist.gif , DDS 8/10jammin.gif, expecting our next blessing this winter!

#7 of 7 Old 10-24-2008, 04:14 PM

Hugs to all of you! I'm going through virtually the same thing here. DH is constantly complaining about how he doesn't get enough good, deep sleep. Grrr.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page