Back from the doctor - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-24-2008, 05:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
While I was there, I asked about the group B strep test. She said since I'm 35 weeks tomorrow, it would be good to test (they normally do any time after 35 weeks on a "normal" pregnancy). She went ahead and checked my cervix since I was undressed.

I'm 1 cm dialated, baby is engaged and at -3 station, my cervix is 60% effaced and very soft.

So she said if he comes now, he'll be ok, but he'd be much better off if we could wait 2 more weeks.

As she was walking out the door she said,"So I'll see you in 2 weeks if not before."

Charlie could come anytime, now, from the sounds of things.

Oh, and my blood pressure was perfect at 120/70, no protein in my urine this time, and they told me to drink more lemon water for the fluids.

I'm freaking a little, trying to stay grounded though. And having contractions all day long all the time. Guess I'd better install carseats this weekend!

"Listen, are you breathing just a little and calling it a life?"~Mary Oliver

RT knitting mama  to 3 (& 8 who didn't make it) wife working on 13 years to a silly man who drives me crazy.
#2 of 5 Old 10-24-2008, 09:57 PM

We installed our carseat after Weds. appointment, but I'm due the 8th and she's staying put for now! I don't blame you for wanting it done though!
#3 of 5 Old 10-24-2008, 10:00 PM

Not to put a damper on things... and it could be anytime BUT with DS I was 2CM dialated and 70% effaced for 2 1/2 weeks before they actually induced him. But get prepared because you never know!

Wife since 2004. Mommy to DS (2005) and DD (2008) and my hopefully VBA2C baby DD due Feb 2012!

lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifribboncesarean.giffamilybed2.gif

#4 of 5 Old 10-24-2008, 10:48 PM

We put our car seat in last week.

We're about the same - I am 1.5cm, -3 (likely a -2 when standing), 50% effaced. I am hoping baby will drop more though but it's just as likely it won't happen until labor. With DS, at 36w1d I was 2cm and 80% effaced and he was at a 0, and I had him less than 48 hours later.

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

#5 of 5 Old 10-25-2008, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysmylilpunkin View Post
Not to put a damper on things... and it could be anytime BUT with DS I was 2CM dialated and 70% effaced for 2 1/2 weeks before they actually induced him. But get prepared because you never know!
:

I have been dilated & effaced for a 2-1/2 weeks now. I progressed further last week and I am still pg. You just never know when it is going to come, but it is always good to be prepared.

Mindfully parenting DD 8/04 & DS 11/08, Human beings are the only mammals who do not nurse their offspring to full term.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page