I'm ready, going bonkers, Am I in control?... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 10-25-2008, 08:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am very grateful I have last this long(36w), but I am going bonkers. I am soooo tired of my body contracting and the cramping is increasing. I want to feel normal again, I want to drive my car(haven't driven in 2-1/2 weeks), zip my coat all the way up, wear my pre-pg clothes, I want to get out of my house and feel like part of my community, etc. My bedrest has been lifted, but I haven't changed things much. I walked through a grocery store the other day, I have been using one of the scooters, and it was such a work out. My mom and I were going to "go out" yesterday morning(I was so excited), but that was thwarted when cramping started. Grr....

I was dilated and effaced for 1-1/2 weeks then gave birth with dd. It has been about 2-1/2 weeks now since I have found out that I am dilated and effaced. Sometimes, I feel in control since I have been on bedrest and kept this baby in, but I know that baby will come when he/she is ready.

Oh and I slept like crap last night and I am just waiting for DH or my mom to wake up to care for DD so I can go back to bed. DD did not go to sleep until almost 10pm, she is usually asleep at 8pm then she came into my bed, (I am sleeping in the guest room) at 6am. I went to sleep after 10 and have been awake since 3:30am. UGH!!

I guess this has been a bit of a rant...I know the baby will be here soon, I will feel better, and everything will be fine. Just hard waiting.

Mindfully parenting DD 8/04 & DS 11/08, Human beings are the only mammals who do not nurse their offspring to full term.
#2 of 8 Old 10-25-2008, 10:29 AM

oh my goodness i hear you!

i am sick of my maternity clothes too!

hope we go soon

louloubean in love with bryan, mom of boo squeak and nor nor: and 7 chickens
#3 of 8 Old 10-25-2008, 10:36 AM

everything is harder when lack of sleep or poor sleep is added into the equation. i hope your baby comes soon.

~helen~ mama to 5 yo twins jonas and micah and my 2 yo baby boy eli
#4 of 8 Old 10-25-2008, 12:39 PM

Can you try to plan little things? Whether it is friends coming over, or going out for coffee, things that are non-strenuous, but give you something to look forward to.

I was making some plans yesterday and my friend said "maybe we shouldn't plan this, it's 2 weeks away, what if you have the baby?" (she doesn't have kids). And my response is just that I have to keep living. Babies do come on their own agendas, despite our bodies naughtiness. If I have the baby we will just cancel, it won't be a big deal.

It's sort of funny, I think I'm used to the contractions now. I pause every now and again to catch my breath. And, I'm tired of maternity clothes, but luckily all that fits now are the most comfortable things.

There will be at time when we aren't pregnant anymore. It will be soon, in the grand scheme of things.

"Listen, are you breathing just a little and calling it a life?"~Mary Oliver

RT knitting mama  to 3 (& 8 who didn't make it) wife working on 13 years to a silly man who drives me crazy.
#5 of 8 Old 10-25-2008, 12:57 PM

I know how you feel. I too am feeling impatient and frustrated. I'm tired of not sleeping well and having contrax that lead to nowhere.

><> I'm a Christian, knitting, sewing, cooking SAHM to the fearless adventurer Jack born 11/08, and  a  USCG wife
And we are joyfully awaiting a new addition in April 2011! <><
#6 of 8 Old 10-25-2008, 01:13 PM

Maybe since bedrest is lifted you should just say screw it, and go about your normal life. If the baby comes now, it's fine anyway, right?

Mama to 3 kids. We live in a yurt!
#7 of 8 Old 10-25-2008, 08:14 PM

Id just plan things and if the baby comes you can always cancel. Im making plans to get my hair and nails done three days before my due date. If the baby comes early I can just cancel.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#8 of 8 Old 10-25-2008, 09:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustineM View Post
Maybe since bedrest is lifted you should just say screw it, and go about your normal life. If the baby comes now, it's fine anyway, right?

Yes, there is very little or no chance baby would go to NICU. Monday, I will be 37 weeks according to my LMP, but I made a point of using my O date which would be Friday and that is the date we have been going by. I am trying to go about normal life, but really tired. Took 2 naps today. I am hoping to rally tomorrow. I still need to get DD her Halloween Costume, a dragon.

Mindfully parenting DD 8/04 & DS 11/08, Human beings are the only mammals who do not nurse their offspring to full term.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page