Is this normal? Freaked out... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-26-2008, 05:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just got up out of bed and got this sharp cramp like pain across the right side of my belly. Walking makes it worse. It is only on the right side, down low and across kind of to my back. It has been going on for about 10 minutes now. WTH? Is this a contraction? Pulled ligament? I got up carefully, as I normally do. I thought contractions were across the whole belly and I am kind of scared this is something else...any info quickly would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2008, 05:37 PM

thats happened to me a couple of times too. Sometimes its brought tears to my eyes its been that painful.

Apparently its just ligament pain. Muscles stretching and all that.

I hope yours feels better soon
Old 10-26-2008, 05:43 PM

I've had this throughout the pregnancy and always assumed it was round ligament pain. I'm sorry it hurts, mama. A warm bath might help soothe the pain.

Loving wife partners.gif and mama to my sweet little son coolshine.gif (Fall 2008) and a beautiful baby girl babyf.gif(Fall 2010)

When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty. --George Bernard Shaw

Old 10-26-2008, 06:30 PM

sounds like ligaments stretching. maybe your baby is sitting differently or something. put some heat on it and it will probably feel better.

~helen~ mama to 5 yo twins jonas and micah and my 2 yo baby boy eli
Old 10-26-2008, 09:08 PM

this might be too simple, but might it be gas? gross, i know, sorry. I have had extreme pain lately in that area that seems to be gas and constipation.

hope it's nothing!
Old 10-26-2008, 09:18 PM - Thread Starter

LoL, I am always passing pains off as gas! Thanks for all your help ladies. I wouldn't mind being in labor, but not with some weird side pain like that! I keep expecting them to be across the top of my belly...I have had a few like that (just BH maybe?) but I hate not knowing what exactly it is going to feel like and where...I am no good not being in control. Yikes. Thanks again.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:39 PM

Maybe TMI-but I'm having a lot of troubles with gas. I think the baby must be on some important organs, because I have to roll in bed back and forth for things to, um, progress.

Giggle, isn't it true that, mostly, none of us are in control!

"Listen, are you breathing just a little and calling it a life?"~Mary Oliver

RT knitting mama  to 3 (& 8 who didn't make it) wife working on 13 years to a silly man who drives me crazy.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:49 AM

It sounds like round ligament pain. Try holding your belly when you get up and see if that prevents it.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:05 AM

I've had this off and on all day. Definately round ligament pain. The reason I know is that I had a contraction during one of the episodes. Not the same. I found that using my exercise ball to support my upper body while on my knees really helped. I could sway my back half and really get relaxed. Little Bean seemed to like it too...well they got nice and anterior...which I certainly liked.

coyotemist...so true. lol and man if it's not air coming out one end, it's coming out the other recently.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:47 PM

I had the same sharp pain in the right side of my abdomen last week. I nearly fell over. Told my MW at the next appt. she said it was round ligament pain, and I could have possibly pulled it. She told me to take it easy and slow down a bit if I needed to, and to apply either a hot pack or a cold pack to the area.

dd 8, ds 6, ds 4,: (12/08), ds 1, me and dh:yawning Simplifying my life one day at a time! 925/2010
Old 10-27-2008, 09:56 PM

Another vote for RLP. It is a strange feeling...very sharp and burning. It makes me feel like I shouldn't move or else my whole set-up in there is going to fall apart or something. But it goes away...heat helps.

SAHM to 6.5yo DS and 4yo DD. PCOS with two early m/cs. Married 8 yrs. Certified birth doula, writer, editor.

Some stuff I like: hbac.gifteapot2.GIFeat.gifnocirc.gifbftoddler.giffemalesling.GIFcrochetsmilie.gif read.gifcat.gif

User Tag List