What stage of "labor/prelabor/postlabor" are you in? - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: What stage of prelabor/labor/postlabor are you in?
nothing. Nadda. not so much a twindge and highly frustrated about it! 8 16.67%
prelabor nesting/loose bowls/feeling nauceous/ more pressure/ or dealing with annoying BH's 25 52.08%
real, but not enough. feeling something more than BH's but not enough to get a baby today. 9 18.75%
I'm in labor now! 0 0%
BTDT and sending all you ladies lots of labor dust! 6 12.50%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 10-28-2008, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ok..so another poll and then i promise i'm done.

which stage of labor are you in? i am in the pre-prelabor stages...i have hit and finished the nesting, the large eating frenzy for babe's final growth spurt has happened, babe is starting to position itself better, i am feeling nauceous on occasion and also having bouts of loose stools (both of those latter ones caused by prostiglandins released in the blood stream which i find interesting considering DH and i havent dtd in almost a week and i haven't done EPO in a good 3 days) I also am getting annoying BH's at night that won't let me sleep, yet go away when i get up. : i am thinking i have another week, maybe 2 weeks (which will be close to edd anyway lol)

where are you at? are you having nothing and frustrated with the lack of anything? are you in the pre stages like me that really don't help you much? are you in the next stages of something real but not the real thing yet...prodromonol etc? are you in real labor? are you post labor holding your babe just smiling at the rest of us lol?
#2 of 17 Old 10-28-2008, 02:13 PM

living in Prodromal labor land here.
#3 of 17 Old 10-28-2008, 02:22 PM

I said nothing, but I guess I didn't even think that nausea and BH would be prelabor since this is my first. Definitely more crampy at night and sometimes during the day and last Thursday and Friday I felt pressure lower, but I'm still too comfortable and working out to think that I'm close.

SAHM to DS (11/08) and EDD 3/8/11!
#4 of 17 Old 10-28-2008, 02:34 PM
p.s

my due date is the 13th. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm gonna make it. I have still such a long list of things to do.
this morning I laid in bed debating whether to go into L&D but figured the tightening was erratic enough to go in to work (not on bed rest per OB until next week).
then mid morning it got uncomfortable to walk. Then as I'm madly trying to finish work stuff, it got uncomfortable to sit. Got home around noon. Still have outstanding admin stuff at work to take care of, but the bulk is done. I still do though have full schedules for the rest of the week (not my decision! the dept head can reschedule all my appointments since they are so anal about squeezing every last bit of juice out of me).
I'm not sure if I'll end up going into the hospital tonight, but I'm pretty sure this day's event's will replay itself until I deliver. So I'm guessing within a week. (hah! am I dreaming?)
#5 of 17 Old 10-28-2008, 04:06 PM

I have been having BH for a long time now. I'd say within the last few weeks they have gotten a bit more intense. I feel lots going on with my cervix. I'm tired, cranky, annoyed by everything, have no appetite, and just want to sit in my bedroom all day.
#6 of 17 Old 10-28-2008, 04:16 PM

I have sooo much pressure. Walking around Publix earlier today was excruciating. Every once in a while I'll have a contraction, but we're talking twice a day or so.

I have pretty much had loose BMs this entire pregnancy, so that doesn't tell me anything! I have had an urge to eat lots of beans the past few days. If my history of when I feel "ready" holds vs. when the baby comes, it'll be five to ten days. We'll see!

Kash, homeschooling mommy to Gillian (8/5/00) and Jacob (3/23/05)
and Brigid Eleanor (11/20/08)
#7 of 17 Old 10-28-2008, 04:32 PM

i said prelabor, but it seems to go between prodromal and prelabor.
started loosing some mucus plug this morning! we'll see if it turns into anything.
never been so excited about blobs of slime coming out of my vagina! haha!
#8 of 17 Old 10-28-2008, 04:42 PM

Having sporadic nesting bouts, lots of contractions, lots of pressure, losing mucus plug, and trying to hold him in!

"Listen, are you breathing just a little and calling it a life?"~Mary Oliver

RT knitting mama  to 3 (& 8 who didn't make it) wife working on 13 years to a silly man who drives me crazy.
#9 of 17 Old 10-28-2008, 06:13 PM

Yup, i'm somewhere in pre-labor land, too. I want to eat loads of fatty, sugary, no-health carbs, nest, rest, and sit around the house staring into space. I have contractions and cramping and baby jabs all night. I often wake up with a sucking in my breath that's like being sucker punched. If I stay upright or walk too much, I feel like my guts are going to fall out my bajingo and have more contractions and sharp pains.

It's kinda fascinating, because with DD, I had absolutely no pre-labor signs until my water broke. No twinges, contractions, cervix banging, nothing-- just broken water to contractions, which I hear is common for breech. I am uncomfortable and annoyed, but I like the fact that my body is slowly getting ready, the baby is in the right place, and maybe labor will be faster this time.

Now, off to eat more homemade Rice Krispy Treats...
#10 of 17 Old 10-28-2008, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpiedee View Post
Yup, i'm somewhere in pre-labor land, too. I want to eat loads of fatty, sugary, no-health carbs, nest, rest, and sit around the house staring into space. I have contractions and cramping and baby jabs all night. I often wake up with a sucking in my breath that's like being sucker punched. If I stay upright or walk too much, I feel like my guts are going to fall out my bajingo and have more contractions and sharp pains.

It's kinda fascinating, because with DD, I had absolutely no pre-labor signs until my water broke. No twinges, contractions, cervix banging, nothing-- just broken water to contractions, which I hear is common for breech. I am uncomfortable and annoyed, but I like the fact that my body is slowly getting ready, the baby is in the right place, and maybe labor will be faster this time.

I know what you mean! I had virtually no prelabor signs with DS, and he also never really engaged in my pelvis...now I feel like the baby's going to come flying out every time I sneeze, I'm getting achy pressure with BHs sometimes, and my pelvis feels like it's going to collapse like a house of cards. It's cool!

"guts going to fall out of my bajingo" = !!!, btw.

SAHM to 6.5yo DS and 4yo DD. PCOS with two early m/cs. Married 8 yrs. Certified birth doula, writer, editor.

Some stuff I like: hbac.gifteapot2.GIFeat.gifnocirc.gifbftoddler.giffemalesling.GIFcrochetsmilie.gif read.gifcat.gif

#11 of 17 Old 10-28-2008, 06:30 PM

I've been feeling really crampy for days now and have loose stools. I am at work right now and have one more day of work (Thursday) - I have been looking forward to stopping work for soooooo long now! I have a lot of nesting action to do at home - organizing baby stuff, packing bag, making birthing necklace, finding nursing chair, etc. My due date is 11/12 and I have no hunch whether I'll be early, on time, or late. One day at a time...this is my first and I'm so excited to meet baby!
#12 of 17 Old 10-28-2008, 06:53 PM

BTDT and missing the exciting/annoying "when the heck will this kid come" days, if you can believe it!

yes, i am nuts

Mama to DS R (June/06), DD K (September/07), DS M (October/08), DD R (June/09)... waiting for #5 in late 2013!!

#13 of 17 Old 10-28-2008, 07:14 PM

Just the annoying BH I have been having for months now.

Mama to Ava (12/03) , Leila (4/06) , Violet (11/08) , and bonus mama to Madison (7/98)
#14 of 17 Old 10-28-2008, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Hi, this is me pretty much exactly. I keep thinking today will be the day, and then it isn't. I've also read that labor often starts at night, so every night I go to bed fully expecting to wake up in early labor, but no.

I've never had a baby before so really I have no idea what it will be like, nor really what to even look for. I know all the textbook signs but do I really have them or is it wishful thinking?

Oh well. Pass the cake.

Loving wife partners.gif and mama to my sweet little son coolshine.gif (Fall 2008) and a beautiful baby girl babyf.gif(Fall 2010)

When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty. --George Bernard Shaw

#15 of 17 Old 10-28-2008, 07:46 PM

Quote:

Yes, exactly. Except chocolate chip cookies, not Rice Krispy Treats.

Mama to a goofy : girl and babycakes :
#16 of 17 Old 10-28-2008, 10:24 PM

Probably in pre-labor--just started having some back pains and wanting to eat cookies. Some other weird pains going on way way down there, too--not sure what they are. I've still got three week til my due date, though...and I'm totally not ready!
#17 of 17 Old 10-29-2008, 07:55 PM

BTDT and wanted to say both births started with no prior signs until my water broke.

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page