The baby is riding so low I can barely walk...normal? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 10-29-2008, 01:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm due this coming Monday and have been having all these signs of prelabor for weeks now--intense BH contractions coupled with low, crampy, menstrual-like ones, loose stool (sorry for TMI), small pieces of mucus plug, lower back pain, etc.

Sometime last night I got up to pee and realized that the baby was riding so low I swear I could practically feel his head between my legs! It was amazingly uncomfortable, almost painful at times, and there was a HUGE amount of pressure on my cervix. The contractions were still going and now I can't walk in anything more than an extreme waddle, almost bowlegged...

My midwife told me at the last several visits that the baby was very low and had definitely dropped, so how does he feel he so much lower now? Does this mean I'll go into labor soon? Some of the cervical pressure has subsided and the contractions have stopped but I'm still walking funny and I'm hoping today might be the day.

Anyone else experienced this? Should I be worried? I was supposed to meet with my MW this morning for my weekly checkup but I asked to reschedule because I was just so uncomfortable and thought this might be it.

Loving wife partners.gif and mama to my sweet little son coolshine.gif (Fall 2008) and a beautiful baby girl babyf.gif(Fall 2010)

When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty. --George Bernard Shaw

#2 of 2 Old 10-29-2008, 02:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You are very normal! I can't close my legs, hee hee, so I'm in almost the same boat.

Look at it from this perspective, hopefully pushing will be easier, because baby has done much of the work for you!

"Listen, are you breathing just a little and calling it a life?"~Mary Oliver

RT knitting mama  to 3 (& 8 who didn't make it) wife working on 13 years to a silly man who drives me crazy.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page