what to wear in jacuzzi - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 10-30-2008, 10:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone,

I was never an active member of this community, but been reading it from day 1 I have an almost 3 year old daughter (in January) and we are expecting a boy in less than 3 weeks.

I will be delivering in a hospital with a midwife. They have jacuzzi and i am totally lost on what to wear in one. My mom will be there, and i am a bit of a shy person.... I will probably wear a nursing bra, but what about on the bottom...? I mean, i can't imagine spending hours naked.. Plus, can you recommend any comfortable wear for the labor? like dresses, etc?

Thanks!
Asya
#2 of 7 Old 10-30-2008, 11:55 AM

I am giving myself some options to take with me depending on how modest I feel like being. I'm taking a nusring bra, a nursing tank that will cover my belly, and spandex-y nightgown that comes just above the knees. The nightgown I bought specifically to labor in.
#3 of 7 Old 10-30-2008, 11:59 AM

I liked a t-shirt and maternity skirt during labor last time, with no panties so I could easily pee etc. For the tub, maybe one of those bathing suit skirts? Honestly, you probably won't care about being naked once you're in active labor. I'm pretty modest around strangers too, but just as they say in those "emotions of labor" progression charts, I lost more and more modesty as time went on. They had me take the skirt off for an exam at some point, and I didn't put it back on and was sitting on the birth ball with my back towards the door of the teeny hospital room. So everyone who came in was greeted by my big naked bum on a ball. I vaguely remember a nurse saying happily, "This looks like a birth center birth!" and realized she meant because I was half-naked on a ball, but still didn't care. Labor hormones are like valium for that kind of thing.

Long story short, bring some stuff to wear but don't sweat it too much, because it's almost certain that eventually you won't care.

SAHM to 6.5yo DS and 4yo DD. PCOS with two early m/cs. Married 8 yrs. Certified birth doula, writer, editor.

Some stuff I like: hbac.gifteapot2.GIFeat.gifnocirc.gifbftoddler.giffemalesling.GIFcrochetsmilie.gif read.gifcat.gif

#4 of 7 Old 10-30-2008, 12:11 PM

I'm planning on just a regular sports bra, since I doubt I'll even be wearing it by the time the baby arrives. I'm a pretty modest person also, but I'm birthing at home.

Aside from the recommendation of a swim skirt, which is a great idea katie! Have you heard of Binsi birth skirts? http://www.birthinbinsi.com/index.htm They are supposed to be ideal for keeping you covered yet still easy to birth in. Of course they are pricey, but they look like they'd be more comfortable than anything else out there.

><> I'm a Christian, knitting, sewing, cooking SAHM to the fearless adventurer Jack born 11/08, and  a  USCG wife
And we are joyfully awaiting a new addition in April 2011! <><
#5 of 7 Old 10-30-2008, 06:55 PM

Im not doing a water birth (not allowed over here) but I saw a to-do on the internet about sewing your own birthing skirt. If you are crafty Im sure you can google it and come up with something or even make your own pattern. Skirts are really easy to make too, first thing I sewed was a skirt and it only took me an hour to cut and sew.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#6 of 7 Old 10-30-2008, 07:20 PM

I brought a tankini bathing suit top and a bathing suit material swim skirt when i went to the birth center. I didn't want anything on though, in the end. I did bring some HUGE men's tank tops to wear when I wasn't in the water and they were perfect to nurse in too (since they have those huge arm holes).

:-)
#7 of 7 Old 10-31-2008, 12:16 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you everyone for ideas! I will probably stop by target this weekend and get some XL nightgown and a skirt.

I SOOO want natural birth..i sleep and dream about it now

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page