finally nesting - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-30-2008, 05:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been staring at a messy house for weeks, but this morning I woke up wanting to do the laundry, sort clothes, vacuum, and clean the bathrooms. I even put the summer clothes away. Now, the house is cleaned up (except some paper clutter in the kitchen, but it's mostly DH's stuff) and ready.

It's like I can breathe in relief now. I've been worried, with the cramping and contractions, that I'd have the baby before the house was ready. I probably won't have him for at least a week, but I can spot-clean until then. No more vacuuming the stairs for me! (That was a pain in the arse.)

You know what would be nice? A dust-buster type of vacuum.

Anyway, cleaning the house was a great way to push off my "I'm so uncomfortable--when is he coming??" anxiety, but I certainly wasn't going to do it until I had a surge of energy. Where in the world did it come from? I'd do more (still have energy!) but my back hurts too much.

Got DD down for a nap (first time all week!) and am going to go chill. Maybe read a book. *sigh* ahhhhh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2008, 08:12 PM

I keep waiting for it to hit but it hasn't.. I never nested with DD either. Ive been forcing myself to keep the house clean because I really dislike looking at mess and clutter, it stresses me out.

Oh, you are suppose to vaccuum stairs?

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
Old 10-30-2008, 08:35 PM

Hee hee, so glad we don't have stairs!!!

I've been nesting, honestly, since about 19 weeks. Some of my family was very worried,"are you supposed to be nesting now?" "Is the baby ok?" I haven't had a big spurt since then, I've just sort of chugged along cleaning and trying to get it all together.

Glad you are feeling good about your house! What a relief to know you won't have to contend with too much of a mess later!

"Listen, are you breathing just a little and calling it a life?"~Mary Oliver

RT knitting mama  to 3 (& 8 who didn't make it) wife working on 13 years to a silly man who drives me crazy.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:42 PM

congrats! Isn't it a wonderful feeling of accomplishment?

><> I'm a Christian, knitting, sewing, cooking SAHM to the fearless adventurer Jack born 11/08, and  a  USCG wife
And we are joyfully awaiting a new addition in April 2011! <><
Old 10-30-2008, 11:18 PM - Thread Starter

We moved into this house at the end of September, so I had a lot of organizing to do. Thank god it's mostly done now.

Anyone else feel better emotionally? Yesterday I was depressed and had been for months. Today I feel on top of the world. I have no idea what tomorrow will be like...but hopefully I'm not suddenly bi-polar.

User Tag List