I really want a chiropractor - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 11-03-2008, 11:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm just sad and uncomfortable, and today I pulled something or misaligned something in my upper back and breathing is uncomfortable. If I were rich or had a different insurance (I have Tricare), then I could see a chiropractor and get my body all properly aligned for labor. And maybe I wouldn't be in such pain when I walk or breathe.

I'm whining and wanted to share.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 11-04-2008, 12:01 AM
bax

If you happen to live in the greater Frederick, MD area, I know of a chiropractor that works on a suggested donation basis...otherwise, don't know what to say. Good luck! I have been getting adjusted recently to try to shift a posterior baby, and I'm really lucky that our insurance covers a lot of it.

SAHM to Ada 8/15/2006, Calla 11/22/2008, and Wright 6/16/2011

#3 of 8 Old 11-04-2008, 12:08 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks, bax. I live in southern Maryland, though. There is a chiro nearby, and I might call them tomorrow. When I said I might call and see how much they charge, DH sighed and said, "whatever you want." I felt really bad about that, especially since he apparently thinks we can't afford it.

But then, he's not the pregnant one. I so so so wish he could experience this just once. I overheard him tell his mom on the phone that I was "getting sick" of being pregnant--SO not what's going on. It's not like I'm tired of the flavor ice cream I've been eating. It's that I'm really uncomfortable, WAY more than I was last time. grrr.
#4 of 8 Old 11-04-2008, 12:33 AM

I wish I could go to the chiropractor as well. If we were in the states DH already said he would have scheduled an appointment for me a while ago.
Hopefully its not to much and you all can afford it.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#5 of 8 Old 11-04-2008, 01:34 AM

I hope you can find one, mama. My DH was the same way, but I explained to him that it's much cheaper to see a chiro and have my back and pelvis aligned than it would be to have a malpositioned baby and require a c-section. For me it was preventative, but in your case, being in this much pain right now... what if you were to go into labor like that?? And I feel you on DH telling people you're "sick" of being pg. Mine

Can your mw or ob recommend one? Or do you have a parenting group or even LLL that you could get a recommendation from? My mw recommended mine and he never turns anyone away for inability to pay.

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

#6 of 8 Old 11-04-2008, 05:00 PM
bax

Hope something works out for you and that it's not too expensive! Maybe you could work out a payment plan so at least the cost is spread out over time.

One thing my DH will never question spending money on (and we really don't have much to say the least right now...) is trying to prevent posterior labor. We had three days of labor last time and by the time it was over, DH was so exhausted from sleep deprivation and holding up my legs for hours of pushing and miserable bec. he didn't have my surge of mommy hormones afterward that he might be more nervous about this birth than I am. (Hah. Of course, that's an extreme way to get a man to try to understand...)

Anyway, being in pain at the start of labor and setting yourself up for exhaustion or worse--or having bad positioning that can result in days of back labor or surgery--these are things that are truly worth trying to prevent. I really hope something works out for you and your DH comes to see this.

Hugs!

SAHM to Ada 8/15/2006, Calla 11/22/2008, and Wright 6/16/2011

#7 of 8 Old 11-04-2008, 05:10 PM

i agree, at least call. many im sure, will be willing to work with you. the organization i found mine through is icpa4kids.org. this is the organization that advertises in mothering magazine, for what its worth.

this is no time to grin and bear it. you have enough going on, what with growing an entire human being and making ready to push it out of your body! at least do what you can to make that easier!!

~helen~ mama to 5 yo twins jonas and micah and my 2 yo baby boy eli
#8 of 8 Old 11-04-2008, 08:05 PM

Just give them a call, you might be pleasantly surprised. My chiro only charges $30 for an adjustment. Good luck!

~Sandy
mommy to Joey 11, Ian 9, Hayden 7 and Charlie 3

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page