i have a question.. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 12-06-2008, 08:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Im not saying anything about anyones choices regarding vaccinations at all..

I'm just wondering why you decided not to vaccinate your children because its not something people do in the uk, exept the mmr and the (alleged, because it hasnt been proven) link to autism....

please dont think i am saying you are right or wrong thats not at all what i mean, i am just interested in hearing about your views as its new to me :

oh and while i am jabbering about vaccinations... do you get offered the chickenpox jab? cos we dont

my boobs are eeeevil.................eeevil i tells ya....
#2 of 10 Old 12-06-2008, 08:42 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I can only speak for myself.

There is a lot of social pressure to vaccinate your children in the U.S. Doctors and the schools never let parents think that they even have a choice in the matter. Doctors lie about the risks, side effects and ingredients; schools lie about exemptions that are legally available.

The fact of the matter is that not everyone is the same. Our immune systems are different and doctors do not recognize this.

If artificial immunizations were really the miracle discovery of medicine of the last century, social and medical coersion would be unnecessary.

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."
#3 of 10 Old 12-06-2008, 08:50 PM

Quote:
I'm just wondering why you decided not to vaccinate your children because its not something people do in the uk, exept the mmr and the (alleged, because it hasnt been proven) link to autism....
The link hasn't been successfully disproven either

For my family, we decided to stop vaccinating after my eldest had a severe reaction as an infant, which caused a bit of brain damage. The fact is that there are no long term studies (and minimal short term studies) on the cummulative effects of so many vaccines all at once, at such a young age. The short term benefits are not worth the unknown, long term risks, IMO. I mean really, look at situations like the SV40 contaminated polio vaccines; people were reassured all along that the vax was perfectly safe... surprise, it can cause cancer. Of couse, none of this ever comes to light unil a replacement vaccine has already been ushered in, and is really safe now, not like the old ones. Trust them.
#4 of 10 Old 12-06-2008, 10:43 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
as for me, I started thinking about not vaxing because I have had bad reactions to vaxes. I had the DTap Scream, I'm allergic to the vaxes with eggs in them and I caught Measles as a teen from the MMR. The more I looked into the different diseases the vaxes "prevent" the risk ratio was off for me. Either the disease wasn't something that "people like me" are prone to catch (ie Hep), or the disease "wasn't that bad" (ie diphtheria, pertussis, CP, Flu etc)

It was just a decision I had to make, "Do I want my children to have this vax?" and much to my surprise, the answer was no!

I'm crunchy... Like a Dorito.
Mama to Sprout jog.gif 4.09 and Bruises babyboy.gif 7.11 handfasted to superhero.gif 9.07

#5 of 10 Old 12-06-2008, 11:03 PM

well for me, i didn't stop vaxing until my oldest was up to date at age 4 and my ds2 was one yr except for chicken pox, my dd has never been vaxed! i did some research after i had joined boards such as this one and read a few books and realized all the crap they put into vaccines and then looked at the diseases they actually vax against...risks outweighed the benefits in my eyes. did you know they inject the same amount of the vax into a newborn baby as they do into an adult!? i don't see how injecting all sorts of toxins into a newborn's immature immune system is good for them...plus they aren't even 100% effective either
#6 of 10 Old 12-06-2008, 11:06 PM

Vaccine-available diseases are treatable and much rarer than the vaccine manufacturers would have you believe. Vaccine reactions, for the most part, are neither treatable nor rare.

That plus studying the CDC's own information and the vaccine inserts, and reading the VAERS database convinced me that there's not a single vaccine I would feel comfortable giving my son. If I wouldn't allow him to ingest the contents of those syringes--and I wouldn't, because they are TOXIC--why would I let someone inject them directly into his body?

Vaccines are not right for our family.

Loving wife partners.gif and mama to my sweet little son coolshine.gif (Fall 2008) and a beautiful baby girl babyf.gif(Fall 2010)

When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty. --George Bernard Shaw

#7 of 10 Old 12-07-2008, 02:22 PM

It started when I was 8 months pregnant. I ordered a book that was supposed to be informative without being biased. When I saw that the aluminum in many vaccines was 10 times what was considered toxic to an infant, I immediately wanted to throw up. I was so alarmed that no one tells parents these things. What I think was more alarming for me was parents deciding to vaccinate regardless of facts like these. So then I thought perhaps we can just get the brands without aluminum. Then I found out not all are available without it, so you'd basically have to settle for taking the 'good' with the bad and space them out. But that would still mean giving my innocent baby what is considered a lethal dose of aluminum. So the question on my mind then was...is it really worth risking her life to give her this vaccination? What are the actual benefits of vaccination? I figured though that the more I read, the more positive information I would find. Then I realized the only positive information was coming from the people making the vaccines. Would you trust someone selling his own personal product? The more I researched, the more I didn't like. Then it dawned on me...

My cousins were not vaccinated. I remember when they had the VPDs. They weren't even bedridden. They didn't sound ill, didn't act like they were suffering. They did stay home for the full duration. They all survived every one just fine. Then I also remembered a distant relative in his 70s who suffered with polio as a child. He walks with a cane and has special shoes because one leg is a few inches shorter than the other, but when I consider the almost complete lack of nutrition he was brought up with, and lack of good medicine, I'd say he turned out well. Nothing like what the doctor tries to scare us with.

In fact, our pediatrician brought up polio trying to scare me. I told him about my relative and he had the audacity to tell me the man did not have polio since he wasn't crippled beyond imagination and/or didn't die. Cause he was obviously there to diagnose him at the time. I love how surviving it makes it something else entirely.
#8 of 10 Old 12-07-2008, 02:56 PM

I researched each disease and vaccine to decide which would be useful for my children. I did not find any on the current schedule that I felt the benefit outweighed the risk. So my kids are currently un-vaxed.

-Angela
#9 of 10 Old 12-07-2008, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alegna View Post
I researched each disease and vaccine to decide which would be useful for my children. I did not find any on the current schedule that I felt the benefit outweighed the risk. So my kids are currently un-vaxed.

-Angela

"It should be a rule in all prophylactic work that no harm should ever be unnecessarily inflicted on a healthy person (Sir Graham Wilson, The Hazards of Immunization, 1967)."
#10 of 10 Old 12-07-2008, 08:06 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
angela always has the most concise yet thoroughly thought out and perfectly worded answers! what a sage

I'm crunchy... Like a Dorito.
Mama to Sprout jog.gif 4.09 and Bruises babyboy.gif 7.11 handfasted to superhero.gif 9.07

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page