My heart is sick...(rant) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 12-09-2008, 01:06 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have always known that I didn't believe in ALL the vaccinations on the schedule. When I got pregnant I knew I'd research more and make decisions. I figured I'd be selective/delayed. My research was waylaid for almost a decade due to infertility.

Now I know. And, it is like the curtain was pulled back and has exposed the Wizard and I can't believe the reality in which we live.

I'm sure this is old news to most of you but this just changed my life: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...uCQ&q=vaccines

Not only would I not vaccinate my children even if you had a gun to my head but my faith in the "system" and in mankind and in American freedom are sorely shaken.

Dear God, I got a flu vaccine at 5 months pregnant. I didn't even ask which it was. Did I inundate my growing daughter with mercury? Oh God forgive me.

I know I'm rambling but I'm just overwhelmed with emotion. This isn't about "doing my research" anymore - it is about a terrible crime being perpetuated upon our most helpless young ones. And they are making well meaning parents implicit in the crime! How dare they! I want to go out in the street and tell everyone. They need to know. They need to see behind the curtain.

Heaven help us.
#2 of 12 Old 12-09-2008, 05:44 AM

It didn't hit me quite that hard because I had done my research before either of us received anything.

I remember an old lady telling me to get the flu shot while I was pregnant. I told her I didn't need it and she disagreed. She was one of those know-it-all types. Bad diet, bad attitude, lots of pills and the flu shot every year. That's probably just the type of person to benefit from it...if any.

Digressing, but anyway, I know it's in the past now and you can't take it back, but I figure you getting the shot is still better than it being given to your baby for her to handle it on her own. At least your body may be acting as a buffer to the ingredients, you know? It's easy to be overwhelmed when you're pregnant, but I'm sure it'll be okay. Focus on positive thoughts. If something comes up, you'll deal with it then.
#3 of 12 Old 12-09-2008, 06:33 AM

Thus is what mothering is REALLY about. Thinking you 'got it' and then, BAM life throws a curve ball and hits you upside the head. Don't beat yourself up- it won't do anygood. The ingredence are already in you, you can't take it back. What you can do is learn to do better, and by that I mean for the whole family. Eat better, drink water, exercise and teach your DD about beauty from the inside out. This is the world's way of showing you what you need to see- before something does happen. I speak from experience here, and your lightbulb moment is VERY similar to my own.

Welcome to Motherhood. Try to leave the guilt at the door, because there are going to be TONS of things in the future that you will need to deal with. It's a hard job. You will do great! Look how aware you are now!

Married to Michael and Mother of Jake 9, Jillianne 7, Jensen 5, Jacen 4. I've got severe osteoporosis, a fractured hip and chronic pain-so please be patient with me! Pagan,Crocheter,Reader,Homeschooler- that's me in a nutshell.

#4 of 12 Old 12-09-2008, 11:08 AM

, mama!

I know what you mean about having your confidence in mainstream medicine shaken. Learning about vaccination did that to me too. But it's a blessing in disguise, because once you start questioning one aspect of it, you have to question everything. And that means you can take care of yourself and your family that much better.

Please don't beat yourself up over the flu shot. As previous posters have said, there's no taking it back now, and stressing yourself out over the "what ifs" won't do you or the baby any good. Try to relax and be proud of yourself for daring to ask these questions at all. That takes guts--many people would simply rather not know.

You're going to be fine. Congratulations on your little girl!

Loving wife partners.gif and mama to my sweet little son coolshine.gif (Fall 2008) and a beautiful baby girl babyf.gif(Fall 2010)

When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty. --George Bernard Shaw

#5 of 12 Old 12-09-2008, 12:04 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by peainthepod View Post
, mama!

I know what you mean about having your confidence in mainstream medicine shaken. Learning about vaccination did that to me too. But it's a blessing in disguise, because once you start questioning one aspect of it, you have to question everything. And that means you can take care of yourself and your family that much better.

Please don't beat yourself up over the flu shot. As previous posters have said, there's no taking it back now, and stressing yourself out over the "what ifs" won't do you or the baby any good. Try to relax and be proud of yourself for daring to ask these questions at all. That takes guts--many people would simply rather not know.

You're going to be fine. Congratulations on your little girl!

I couldn't have said it better myself!

Paige don't despair...you are moreenlightened than most out there and you can move forward knowing you are doing what is best for your daughter.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#6 of 12 Old 12-09-2008, 12:28 PM

I also got the flu shot while pregnant, very newly pregnant nonetheless. I was apprehensive about it and of course, now wished I hadn't. Luckily I think it was the 'low mercury' one. Take heart, your child will most likely be fine. The 'should've' and 'would've's' are so hard.

DS 2006 nocirc.gif DiaperFreeBaby angel1.gif March 2010, DD 2011

#7 of 12 Old 12-09-2008, 12:33 PM

Try to let go of the guilt mama. But good for you that you are taking these steps now. Good for you that you are educating yourself before your daughter arrives. You are already a step ahead of the game! Best wishes on a beautiful birth and baby!

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#8 of 12 Old 12-09-2008, 12:47 PM

it is really eye opening. i know for me it really made me angry at the whole system. i am not angry anymore.. but the more i learn the more frustrated i get. vaccines, RIC, medicalized birth, nutrition recommendations, the pill for every ill.. and not so ill. i promise it gets better.

please don't worry about the flu shot. you always do the best you can ..and when you know better you do better.. life, parenting especially, is a learning process for everyone
#9 of 12 Old 12-09-2008, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

/sniff...

you gals rock! Thank you so much for giving me a supportive place to grow in
#10 of 12 Old 12-09-2008, 06:22 PM
Banned

No matter how much you "get" it ahead of time, there will be something that rocks you when you are actually a mama, maybe months after the fact, where you are figuring things out, and looking back you would do things differently-- and it's HARD because you're thinking about your little baby and you are a mama bear at that point. For me, I wonder about tiny things where others held the baby early on (just a few minutes when I was busy cleaning myself up anyway!) and not figuring out cosleeping sooner, and etc etc. If not one thing, it'll be another, as we learn and grow as mothers.

It wasn't like SHE got a vax, and it will be an indelible lesson for you as you grow into motherhood. I think we all need this kind of experience, truly. You are going to be a strong protector of your baby!
#11 of 12 Old 12-09-2008, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Margaret View Post
No matter how much you "get" it ahead of time, there will be something that rocks you when you are actually a mama, maybe months after the fact, where you are figuring things out, and looking back you would do things differently-- and it's HARD because you're thinking about your little baby and you are a mama bear at that point.
So true. For instance, I used aluminum-based antiperspirant until well into my sixth month of pregnancy. I'd been so good about everything else but for some reason, slathering my underarms with a compound that contains a known neurotoxin didn't even faze me until one day when horror struck me as I realized what I'd been doing.

It happens, mama. The best thing you can do for yourself and your little girl is move on and consider it a learning experience.

Loving wife partners.gif and mama to my sweet little son coolshine.gif (Fall 2008) and a beautiful baby girl babyf.gif(Fall 2010)

When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty. --George Bernard Shaw

#12 of 12 Old 12-10-2008, 04:24 AM

3000 parents in jail for SBS! 200 million dollars in vaccine injury compensation payouts a year! Can you imagine how much they'd pay if so many of the vaccine reactions weren't covered up or denied?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page