Retraction of refusal to vaccinate form? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-11-2008, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has anyone already written a retraction letter? I know it's been over 4 months since I signed the form, but it didn't feel right then or now, so I'm ready to write a retraction. Any advice? Anything necessary for me to include or not?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2008, 04:04 PM

I'd just write something stating that you signed the waiver under extreme duress, and that you absolutely disagree with what you signed, and that the current statement renders the previous document null and void. Insist that it be placed into your child's permanent medical record - and be sure to keep a copy for yourself.

Include a place for the doctor to sign it, but I doubt s/he will agree to do so.

Every baptized Christian is, or should be, someone with an actual (disturbing) experience, ... a close encounter, with God; someone who, as a result, becomes a disturbing presence to others. - Fr. Anthony J. Gittins, A Presence That Disturbs
Old 12-11-2008, 04:28 PM - Thread Starter

Hmm, do you think it would make a difference if he doesn't sign it?
Old 12-11-2008, 04:48 PM

No, but at least there's a space for it. It looks good, IMO.

Every baptized Christian is, or should be, someone with an actual (disturbing) experience, ... a close encounter, with God; someone who, as a result, becomes a disturbing presence to others. - Fr. Anthony J. Gittins, A Presence That Disturbs
Old 12-11-2008, 04:50 PM - Thread Starter

Okay. hehe

Thank you.
Old 12-13-2008, 01:15 AM

I was coerced into signing one of those RTV forms with my last pediatrician...we left her practice 2 years ago. Would you think it would be beneficial at all for me to write a retraction for that long ago, especially since she's not our ped any more? (My new ped has never asked me to sign this nonsense.)

Kim mama to DS 12/2005, Pepper kitty , and 10/03, 1/05;
Old 12-16-2008, 07:18 PM - Thread Starter

I don't know. I suppose it depends on what they've done with the form--ie. kept it or passed it on. I have no idea what their practice is. I know the first pediatrician still has my baby's medical records because we haven't actually seen another doctor since.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:22 PM

Ok...we're not vaccinating our son - but I did sign one of those letters. I guess I don't understand the worry behind them? We weren't going to vaccinate, so I didn't see the harm in signing the form?

Me:
Old 12-17-2008, 03:10 AM - Thread Starter

Did you notice that you were agreeing that you were knowingly putting your child's life at risk? Do you honestly believe that's what you're doing? Beyond that, would you do something that knowingly put your child's life at risk? You see what I'm getting at?
Old 12-19-2008, 04:18 AM

i have signed one of those forms before, and never worried. no i don't think i am putting my child's life at risk...but we needed to sign one to continue to see the ped. has anyone ever had a problem legally for signing one? hm..should i be worried?
Old 12-19-2008, 02:41 PM - Thread Starter

Well, the law doesn't require it even if it's their office's policy. I was led to believe it was the law and so I had no choice. That was the only reason I signed it.

I don't know if it has ever been used against anyone. I'm sure every parent who signed it is taking the best care possible of their children, so there may not be cause for anyone to wave it in their faces. My DH was telling me about a child who left his home in the middle of the night to go to the store across the street and play with toys. It's not like his parents didn't lock the front door, but he was taken away from them by CPS anyway. I'm sure if they signed something like that, it would be used against them in a heartbeat to 'prove' they don't care about their child's safety. It's just not fair that I was manipulated into signing it and then it should stay in her records. If I believed it, that would be one thing, but I didn't then and I don't now.
Old 12-19-2008, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleBlossomBaby View Post
we needed to sign one to continue to see the ped.
When our ped insisted on the above, I refused and we found another doctor. No more bullying peds for us.

User Tag List