whooping cough in juneau - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-12-2008, 02:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I read an interesting article and wondered why it said "For those under age 7 there is a vaccine, and there is also a vaccine for those from 10 to 65, Funk said. Those between 7 and 10 cannot be vaccinated, she added."

http://www.juneauempire.com/stories/...66253114.shtml

Does anyone know why those between 7 and 10 years old cannot be vaccinated? Just curious.

I also found the reader comments below the story even more interesting.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2008, 01:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I think the age gap just has to do with the ages of the kids used in the safety studies, since it's a different formulation for each of those age groups. I don't think it's anything very significant.
Old 12-12-2008, 01:42 PM

I love how they insinuate that if they don't receive proper medical care they will all die...nothing like a little fearmongering!

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

Old 12-12-2008, 02:58 PM

But to me, the really sad thing is that, as far as I can tell, most medical professionals don't know anything to do besides hope and wait to see if your kid gets sick enough to need a hospital. And so most parents don't think they have any choices. It's very fear-driven and there's lots of helplessness involved.
Old 12-13-2008, 11:34 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
"Without appropriate treatment and support, they'll die, which is why this is such a serious illness," Neyhart said.
Really.

Quote:
It is not clear how many cases Juneau has actually had because only those cases confirmed with lab tests are counted, Funk said.
Well I guess we will know when the dead bodies start piling up. Do they even realize what they are writing anymore?

Expecting #9.  Always busy hsing.

User Tag List