in American children, such as autism, asthma, and allergies since the
introduction of the MMR vaccine in 1978. Government health officials
have denied a relationship with vaccines, but U.S. Congressional
hearings on vaccine safety (1999 to Dec. 2004) revealed a total absence of
vaccine safety tests that would meet current scientific standards, so that
it can be assumed that many vaccine reactions are taking place
unrecognized
82 words

1 in 67 children are diagnosed with autism...it is impossible for an epidemic to be genetic in origin.

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 12-20-2008, 12:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Even with no scientific evidence to support them and enough anecdotal evidence to sink 1000000 ships, "they" will never admit that it is possible that vaccines are contributing to al these problems. I wonder what it will take??

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#3 of 11 Old 12-20-2008, 02:46 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
When a very large percentage of parents don't allow vaccinations for their children, that's when it will make a difference. The only problem with that is they'll skew the figures so that instead of showing how many vaccinated children are damaged, unvaccinated children will be silently counted to make the percentage seem much smaller.
#4 of 11 Old 12-20-2008, 07:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by buttercupmama View Post
When a very large percentage of parents don't allow vaccinations for their children, that's when it will make a difference. The only problem with that is they'll skew the figures so that instead of showing how many vaccinated children are damaged, unvaccinated children will be silently counted to make the percentage seem much smaller.
I believe it is called a control group.

They have had that in the Amish community for decades and chose to ignore it. As a matter of fact, when one or two show up with a vpd, then the news media goes into overtime with reports of the "epidemic", and admonishments for more adherence to the APA vax schedule.

The same with the Christian Science Community. There was an outbreak of meningitis at one of their private religious colleges, maybe twenty years ago or more, and the news was all over about how dangerous this disease is and how easily this terrible outbreak could have been avoided had these regressive religious zealots only listened to the common sense of the medical community and got their recommended vaccinations.

The medicals have all corners covered.

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."
#5 of 11 Old 12-20-2008, 10:55 PM

I am with you on the vaccines, but how can the children who have autism and were not vaccinated be explained? Do you think there was another 'trigger'? Just wondering.

PS That 1 in 67 stat is staggering! I think the 1 in 150 in still what most people believe, so it blows my mind to think it is even worse!
#6 of 11 Old 12-21-2008, 01:00 AM - Thread Starter

I honestly do not know what could be causing autism in the unvaccinated. I was in my freshman year of college in 1972 and first heard of autism in my psychology class. At that time it affected 1 in 10,000. We discussed it as a hereditary disease.

#7 of 11 Old 12-21-2008, 02:15 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
I was in my freshman year of college in 1972 and first heard of autism in my psychology class. At that time it affected 1 in 10,000. We discussed it as a hereditary disease.
It's possible it was higher then but they just didn't diagnose it so often as they do today. Back then it was probably just "Little Jimmy is a 'slow' learner" or something to that effect.

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#8 of 11 Old 12-21-2008, 03:18 AM - Thread Starter

Being a teacher and working in schools for the past 30 years, I can say that autism is more than just slow learning. Many of them are good learners. It is a behavior and there is a spectrum that these children are diagnosed on.

But my OP was that the old childhood diseases fulfill a function in challenging the growing immune system that does not happen now.

#9 of 11 Old 12-21-2008, 04:27 AM

It has been speculated that ultrasound may play a part in autism as well. I don't know. I'll have to look into it. I know it has other bad effects, so I don't really doubt it.
#10 of 11 Old 12-21-2008, 06:11 PM - Thread Starter

There are studies dating to 1980 at Oxford England with Dr. Alice Stewart that document the dangers of ultrasound on the unborn. Ultrasound is a fabulous tool when something is suspected as wrong, but to demand routine 20 week ultrasound scans on every pregnant woman is wrong as is the continuous wave doptone and the intermittent wave exterior monitor.

"You don't have to worry about ultrasound; that is what is used to look for submarines".

Ultrasound took over where prenatal x-ray pelvimetry left off. My mom had an x-ray with each of us in the 1950s. Until doctors have something to replace ultrasound, it will be the de rigeur in prenatal care.

BTW, another term for ultrasound is non-ionizing radiation.

#11 of 11 Old 12-21-2008, 06:27 PM

I think it's more common than that even now. I knew someone who had one almost every week. And there was nothing wrong with her. I'm assuming every midwife is different. Mine did recommend at least one every trimester which I thought was ridiculous.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page