Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just read on the CDC web site that:

Measles
Death: 2 in 1,000

MMR
Encephalitis or severe allergic reaction:
1 in 1,000,000

I thought severe reactions to MMR were fairly common? And that deaths from Measles are usually in infants too young to get the MMR anyway?

Are these figures for the US or worldwide? Because our new pediatrician, when we sent him some articles that explain why we are not vaccinating, started citing an outbreak of pertussis in Costa Rica. We don't live in Costa Rica, we live in VA. And then he mentioned an infant who had died in our city last year from pertussis, but our child is 3.5...

Here is the link, any help would be appreciated.

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vac-gen/6mishome.htm

-Vijay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2008, 06:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Have you seen the Tenpenny video about vaccines? I think those facts are true. (I can find the video if you'd like...there's a link in this forum somewhere)

Honestly, from what I've heard, a lot of the death stats they use come from third world countries. You know, dirty water and lack of proper medical care? Yes, sometimes kids in the US die when they get "childhood diseases" but when they say "child dies of pertussis" they don't tell you if that child had a previous condition. They won't mention that the child was immunocompromised, didn't get seen by a doctor, or got the flu on top of some disease. All they'll tell you is that they died and that's why you need to get vaccinated. It's pure scare tactics.

It's my belief that if your child is healthy and well cared for you should be FINE! The doctors are there if something comes up that you can't handle...but pretty much all of the stuff we vax for is curable.

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
Old 12-20-2008, 10:40 PM

Yes, children die from childhood diseases. Yes, Children die from vaxes. But how many we will never truly know. Big pharma cos and our government (which is the biggest customer of big pharma) have plenty of reasons to say more kids die from the diseases and no one ever dies from vaxes.

Pertussis is way more common than reported (you can visit whoopingcough.net for more info on just how common it really is). I hate to say it and sound cold. But there always seem to be 1 token "child that died from it" every drs office has that 1 child. Every city has that 1 child. Which is amazing considering there are only like 15- 20 deaths a year from it nationwide and almost all if not all are in children less than 4 mos old. Reported cases is about 5000-7000 a year. This year there have been almost 9000 cases reported. So you are looking at less than .5% death rate. MMWR has the reported cases for this year if you wanted to see what it is for your area.

If you notice all the news reports of serious reactions to the HPV vax every single time the pharma co says "Oh no it wasn't the vax, there is no proof." Basically denying there is EVER a reaction. Even in the link you have their death rate for dtap: NONE PROVEN. You can't prove I did it so therefore I didn't do it.

Here is the unicef link for measles.
Quote:
Measles infects 25 to 30 million children each year and kills over 345,000, often from complications related to pneumonia, diarrhoea and malnutrition.
Thats a death rate of somewhere around 1.3% and in children who are not healthy to begin with. But what is it with MMR? We will really never know.

Expecting #9.  Always busy hsing.
Old 12-21-2008, 12:56 AM

when i told my doctor we would not be getting the flu vax for ds she directed me to a website done thats mission to get everyone to vax their small children for the flu.. it is done by a family who did not vax for the flu and their daughter died from the flu.. it is horrible that they lost their child... but i don't think it is ethical for our doctor to try and scare us into vaxing (we switched drs btw) but .. yeah like pp said.. everybody has that one story yk?
Old 12-21-2008, 02:15 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
My son and niece are not vaccinated. They both had measles at an age that was too young for the vaccine. They both survived to adulthood.

I know that is anecdotal evidence, not scientific evidence, but so is the case cited on the website that 1littlebit's doctor directed her to.

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."
Old 12-27-2008, 04:06 AM

Inside Vaccines tends to have statistics available:
http://insidevaccines.com/wordpress/...ines-work/mmr/

~ Robyn

Mom to Jackson, b. January 2006

and Cassandra, b. October 2011

weadopted.gif novaxnocirc.gif

http://chittisterchildren.wordpress.com

Old 12-28-2008, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VijayOwens View Post
Measles Death: 2 in 1,000
This is the death rate among all ages in a large outbreak in 1989 or so. Its a very misleading statistic. Most of these cases occurred among infants and young adults in whom the death and complication rate is much higher. Also, at least half of those who contracted the disease were living in California in poverty. The IOM states that according to a study done in 1954, when most cases were among school age children, the death rate was 1 in 10,000.

intactivist.gif  ribbonpb.gif RN student, bellycast.gif birth doula since 2006
Old 12-29-2008, 04:05 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VijayOwens View Post
I just read on the CDC web site that:

Measles
Death: 2 in 1,000

MMR
Encephalitis or severe allergic reaction:
1 in 1,000,000

I thought severe reactions to MMR were fairly common? And that deaths from Measles are usually in infants too young to get the MMR anyway?

Are these figures for the US or worldwide? Because our new pediatrician, when we sent him some articles that explain why we are not vaccinating, started citing an outbreak of pertussis in Costa Rica. We don't live in Costa Rica, we live in VA. And then he mentioned an infant who had died in our city last year from pertussis, but our child is 3.5...

Here is the link, any help would be appreciated.

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vac-gen/6mishome.htm

-Vijay
well as I recall death by pertussis happens rarely and when it does it is in children less than 6 months.
And there is probably a case of scarlett fever going on somewhere in the world but your Ped won't bring that up to scare you---because there isn't a vax for it. funny how when there is a vax for it we should be scared..but when there isn't...???

as for the disease count here in the US...

this may interest you:

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...ad.php?t=57794

Quote:
Here are the hard numbers for 2007. This is what I found for the last week of the year..... this is the total amount of cases reported to the CDC for 2007.....

Total reported cases to the cdc:

Disease Cases

Diptheria 0
Measles 28
Mumps 707
Rubella 12
Congenital rubella 0
Tetanus 19
Hib (under 5)
Sero b-17
Non sero b-141
Unknown b-187